[dfdl-wg] More documents

Westhead, Martin (Martin) westhead at avaya.com
Mon Jan 23 15:58:24 CST 2006

These are documents 3 and 4 of a set of 3 :).

The documents are:

-          bundles - a reusable block of DFDL statements

-          Conversions - a proposal for the semantic details as to how
conversions are chosen during the operation of a DFDL parser. These
semantics include a description as to how the conversions can be
extended.

These documents round off the current set of proposals from the
extensibility design team. The team has reasonable consensus on these
documents, with the (relatively trivial) exception of bundles where
there may be some outstanding issues. We believe that with these two
documents there is enough material to support the necessary
extensibility. However, we have not yet worked through enough examples
of round tripping to understand whether that is sufficiently well
covered and we are expecting that all the ideas in these documents will
require refining by the group as a whole.

I would like to discuss these two documents on Wednesday (if possible).

Thanks,

Martin