[dfdl-wg] Notes on telcon 2006-31-1

Westhead, Martin (Martin) westhead at avaya.com
Wed Feb 1 12:26:43 CST 2006

Present

Martin Westhead

Bob McGrath

Mike Beckerle

Geoff Judd

Jim Myers

Suman Kali

F2F Agenda

DFDL underlying mechanisms

Conversions/context/hidden elements

-          Relationship to variables

Scoping document

Choices and wildcards

Null and default values

Actions to lead to a final document set.

-        What APIs to we expect DFDL implementations to provide to users

-        Which XML Schema constructs are supported

-        The set of DFDL properties we provide

-        Review of trackers

Conversions discussion

It was proposed that the document is split to try to separate those
aspects of the document which are clearly "extensions" from those which
are defining underlying semantics.

There is clearly a need to provide one or more detailed worked examples
which go through all the operations of conversion choice and context.
(Martin will undertake to try to do at least one for next week, Bob has
also volunteered to contribute material here)