[dfdl-wg] Discussion document: some non-trivial uses of DFDL

Robert E. McGrath mcgrath at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Sep 23 10:47:28 CDT 2005

As I have been studying the DFDL and working on the primer, I have
been thinking about how it might be used in Grid applications.

A virtual walk around NCSA has produced quite a few non-trivial use
cases.

What I would like to do is put some of these out to the group, for
discussion.

Since I am relatively new to the DFDL game, I expect that some
of my ideas are naive or flat wrong.

I have typed up detailed notes on 4 cases.  I have a couple of other
cases I'm trying to document.

I attach these notes here.  Sorry, it's a bit long!

--
---
Robert E. McGrath, Ph.D.

mcgrath at ncsa.uiuc.edu