[dfdl-wg] F2F logistics - IBM Copley Place offices

Mike Beckerle beckerle at us.ibm.com
Fri Sep 23 09:35:22 CDT 2005

During the upcoming GGF15 we'll be having a concurrently scheduled F2F
meeting.

This meeting will be hosted by IBM at its Boston facility.

I have booked Conference Room 101 for Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday all
day. This seats 10 and has a speakerphone, network connection, whiteboard.

I have booked Conference Room 102 for Tuesday and Wednesday all day. This
seats 4 and is for smaller side discussions breakouts. It also has a
speakerphone, network connection, can't recall about whiteboard. I think
so.

I will bring a LCD projector for slide showing.

Here's information on the physical location:

This map shows both Copley place where IBM's office is, and the Park Plaza
Hotel (where GGF15 is being held).

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Copley+Place.+Boston+MA&ll=42.348855,-71.073958&spn=0.005213,0.011038&hl=en

Here's a google earth image where I've put graffiti marking the Park Plaza
Hotel where GGF15 is being held, and the Copley Place complex where IBM's
offices are. It's 3.5 blocks walking. It is barely worth a cab ride unless
it's raining. Don't bother with the subway either. The walks to/from the
subway are the same distance as walking directly.

Copley place has two buildings. We're in "2" Copley place, though I don't
think your average person on the street knows which building is 1 and
which is 2. Number one has a Westin hotel and some shopping. If you enter
there you'll need to take the walkway across to the other building which
has the larger bulk of the shopping, Neiman Marcus dept. store, and the
Marriott hotel, oh...and the IBM offices.

Here's another Google Earth picture showing the Copley Place Buildings,
which the hotels are, and roughly where in the complex you'll find IBM's
offices.

Once you are in the correct building, go to the very center of Copley
Place Mall and look for a 3-story Waterfall. Behind it are elevators. Take
these to the 'Sky lobby' (which is up 2 levels) and at the reception desk
ask for IBM. You may need a security pass from the building security which
will take a few minutes as they scan your picture ID and make a picture
temporary badge from it for you.

Everyone  - BE SURE TO BRING A PICTURE ID
IBMers - BE SURE TO BRING YOUR BADGE AND A PICTURE ID

Then go right and the IBM office is on the left all on the same level.

Here's a very low quality floorplan of the Copley Place Mall. Not sure
it's helpful, but it's all I could find online.

http://www.simon.com/mall/images/floorplans/784Copley_PlaceMall.gif