[dfdl-wg] Conference Call on 6/8

Mike Beckerle beckerle at us.ibm.com
Fri Jun 3 15:47:37 CDT 2005

Unfortunately I can't make the semi-weekly conference call on 6/8. Go
ahead without me though!

I have the following to report in no particular order of occurance or
relevance:

1) MikeB did review ideas on layering and compositionality with Jim Myers.
Went well. Jim was supportive of the approach. We have a bit more to do
conceptually, but I'm very optimistic right now that we'll be able to
advance something to the whole group which will be crisply defined and
meet needs without excessive complexity.

2) scoping proposal from F2F was written up and posted to grid forge. Only
saw one supportive comment from Martin Westhead. I'm pretty sure this
matches what we discussed at the F2F and would only ask that people at
least verify if it matches what they expected.

3) other F2F materials were posted on grid forge. Slides, notes, and the
testcases and schemas we looked at. Of note, the testcase schema was
posted. This will help us all share test/use cases as we move toward
having working implementations.

4) Suman sent his latest properties model. Here in westborough we're
getting close to where we'll be able to take a look at this. Bear with us
Suman, we appreciate your effort, it's just taking some time to get there.

5) I am going to GGF14 in chicago. I've requested two sessions on DFDL
there. One to be status/overview as usual, one to be a working session
w/conference call if we can swing it. I hope we'll have time before GGF14
to get some more proposals up on grid forge, though we can't ask for any
formal comment on anything by GGF14 because we're past the date for that
sort of thing. I'm still hoping to have something more on (1) and (4)
above in hand (posted to this mailing list or gridforge) before GGF14.

Mike Beckerle
Architect, Scalable Computing
IBM Software Group
Information Integration Solutions