[dfdl-wg] example of MS Biztalk dfdl-like annotations

Mike Beckerle beckerle at us.ibm.com
Thu Jul 14 13:43:02 CDT 2005

I'm not sure though. I found other materials on Biztalk indicating that
theortically it is an LL(k) parser which can be set to "unbounded"
lookahead, and that is not consistent with implied limitations that  you
found below.

So who knows really?

...mikeb

Mike Beckerle
Architect, Scalable Computing
IBM Software Group
Information Integration Solutions
Westborough, MA

Steve Hanson <smh at uk.ibm.com>
Sent by: owner-dfdl-wg at ggf.org
07/14/2005 08:29 AM

dfdl-wg at gridforum.org, owner-dfdl-wg at ggf.org

Re: [dfdl-wg] example of MS Biztalk dfdl-like annotations

Interesting. The problem the author observes at the end is one we
discussed
at the F2F. It can be solved in DFDL using regular expressions, or by
multiple parsing. It looks like BizTalk does not support this? If so it
means there are a large class of data structures that it can not easily
represent.

Regards, Steve

Steve Hanson
WebSphere Business Integration Brokers,
IBM Hursley, England
Internet: smh at uk.ibm.com
Phone (+44)/(0) 1962-815848

             Mike Beckerle
             <beckerle at us.ibm.

             Sent by:                  dfdl-wg at gridforum.org
             owner-dfdl-wg at ggf                                          cc

             .org
                                                                   Subject

                                       [dfdl-wg] example of MS Biztalk
             12/07/2005 19:47          dfdl-like annotations

I found this link to the Microsoft biztalk style of annotations. Thought
some of you might like to surf it. There's no news here. Just indicates a
style.

 http://www.winterdom.com/dev/bts/BTSFFSchemaTut2.html