[dfdl-wg] BSDF

Myers, James D jim.myers at pnl.gov
Tue Nov 23 09:38:48 CST 2004

I ran across another community working in the same space as DFDL: BSDL
as part of MPEG21 (someone at the NARA conference mentioned it). From a
quick look at what they have, it appears to be inverse DFDL with plans
to make DFDL next, i.e. they go from model to output binary format, but
not vice versa. Similar schema approach, etc. with some comments on
things in schema that they don't allow. I haven't found a spec doc yet,
just a paper and some presentations you can google for.

 Jim

Bitstream Syntax Description Language: Application of XML-Schema ...
<http://www2002.org/CDROM/alternate/334/>
... Language (BSDL) that embraces such XML bitstream descriptions. ...
2/; [13] IEEE Standard for Binary Floating-Point ... Final Draft
Amendment 4: Streaming video profile ...
www2002.org/CDROM/alternate/334/