[dfdl-wg] Plumbing document

Martin Westhead martinwesthead at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Dec 8 14:15:58 CST 2004

Hi Folks,

Sorry you didn't get a round up Susan, I'm afraid we were not prepared
for it. I was on the call this morning ready to summarise events but I
was the only one on.

Based on discussions, yesterday afternoon I have drawn up the attached
document. The starting point for this was stuff that was agreed but I
have tried to flesh it out and push the ideas in various directions.

I have tried to suggest a what would be required to define and use each
of our various operation elements. I have also proposed a possible
solution to the scoping problem.

This document may not make much sense to those who were not at the face
to face and for that reason I do not propose to put it on Grid Forge
yet. It should provide some material for our GGF13 submission.

It would, of course be very useful if those at the F2F could take a look
and comment before our collective memories of what we discussed fade.

Thanks,

Martin

(Doc is in PDF because I'm not confident that OpenOffice -> Word will
preserve the diagrams. If anyone wants to make detailed comments I'll
send them a Word version too.)