[DFDL-WG] Errors in Running VirtualXML Example

Jyotishman Pathak jyotishman.mayo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 09:19:18 CDT 2009

Hello all,

I have been trying to play with virtualxml sample examples, and in
particular, the example about Binary Data (cionverting the byte sequence as
XML data). Now, if I try to run the example usign the "some-binary.data"
file provided with the VirtualXML release, everything works fine.

However, if I try to generate this data file using the C program
("some-binary.c") provided with the release, I get the following exception:

com.ibm.xml.xq.virtual.dfdl.DFDLException: XX0000: unknown (Could not
complete contents.)
        at
com.ibm.xml.xq.virtual.dfdl.DFDLInputMediator.buildChild(DFDLInputMediator.java:473)
        at
com.ibm.xml.xq.virtual.dfdl.DFDLInputMediator.buildNext(DFDLInputMediator.java:154)
        at
com.ibm.xml.xq.dm.cache.CacheManager.getCachedFollowingSibling(CacheManager.java:403)
        at
com.ibm.xml.xq.dm.cache.dom.DOMCachedNode.getCachedFollowingSibling(DOMCachedNode.java:235)
        at com.ibm.xml.xq.dm.cache.CacheFocus.toNext(CacheFocus.java:420)
        at
com.ibm.xml.xq.dm.util.Copier.copySequence2Content(Copier.java:209)
        at com.ibm.xml.xq.dm.util.Copier.copyContents(Copier.java:279)
        at
com.ibm.xml.xq.dm.util.Copier.copySequence2Content(Copier.java:214)
        at com.ibm.xml.xq.dm.util.Copier.copyContents(Copier.java:279)
        at
com.ibm.xml.xq.dm.util.Copier.copySequence2Content(Copier.java:206)
        at com.ibm.xml.xq.dm.util.Copier.copy(Copier.java:119)
        at com.ibm.xml.xq.dm.util.Copier.copy(Copier.java:71)
        at com.ibm.xml.xq.processor.Run.output(Run.java:442)
        at com.ibm.xml.xq.processor.Run.run(Run.java:408)
        at com.ibm.xml.xq.virtual.Virtual.main(Virtual.java:52)
Caused by: com.ibm.xml.xq.virtual.dfdl.DFDLException: XX0000: unknown (Could
not complete contents.)
        at
com.ibm.xml.xq.virtual.dfdl.DFDLInputMediator.buildChild(DFDLInputMediator.java:469)
        ... 14 more

I have tried executing this example in both windows and linux platforms, but
with no success.

Could you please assist me?

Thanks,
- Jyoti