[dfdl-wg] FW: Data files for DFDL

Talbott, Tara D tara.talbott at pnl.gov
Thu Aug 4 16:58:39 CDT 2005

Here are a few of the sample data files that we have worked on and their
xml translations.  I believe that these are examples of files where it
would be difficult to achieve the desired translation without some form
of layering.

premix.bin - a binary file from the chemkin program.  Contains three
different sections, determined by a header value.  In the solution
section there is a sequence of x values, the values were combined with a
sequence of points containing a temp value and massFrac values.
test.prp - a text-based file based on a nwChem format.  Contains some
header info, then a list of field names, then a series of frames with
values that should correspond with the field names.  When translating,
the list of field names is read as a layer and later referenced from the
frames.
clayers.bin - same as example of layers shown at last f2f, creates a
sequence of 100 complex numbers from a file containing a sequence of 100
real floats then 100 imaginary floats.

Tara