[dcifed-wg] Session invitation for next week

alexander.papaspyrou at tu-dortmund.de alexander.papaspyrou at tu-dortmund.de
Mon Mar 5 07:23:30 EST 2012

Folks,

as most of you might be aware, OGF is coming closer: next week, the event will take place in Oxford, UK. DCIfed-WG has a session registered for Wednesday, March 14 at 09:00h BST.

Currently, DCIfed embraces three topics:

1. The original DCIfed cross-domain interop use cases (as expressed in the charter)
This has been largely done by the DGSI project in Germany, which already has produced a number of documents on how to use available technologies from within OGF to achieve this. I consider this aspect mostly paperwork, bringing the docs into the OGF recommendation format. I would really appreciate if people (especially those with DGSI background) could volunteer to help with the paperwork.

We need to discuss with our AD whether the docs should be GFD.Is or GFD.Rs,  but this can be done in the session. Besides this, I am not planning to give a presentation on this (I have done so several times before), unless there is explicit interest for it -- please express this on the list.

2. The EGI Federated Cloud Task Force interop use cases (as proposed in [1]):
This is the more "cloudy" part of DCIfed work, which emerged from David Wallom's IaaSCIP-BoF in Taipei last year. Currently, Matteo Turilli from OeRC is leading this task in FedCloud-TF. They have made some progress in terms of implementation, and I think time has come to start working on a profile document in the OGF document process to produce a P-REC as well.

I would therefore like to invite the FedCloud-TF people to save the date and join the session so that we can make some progress. Also, Matteo, it would be good if you (or someone else from the group) could give a talk on FedCloud-TF and the state of the union. I think David already has a deck on the general ideas (he showed one at the last OGF in Lyon), and an update on what's on the wiki would make this a nice intro.

Please let me know how much time you would like to have for this.

3. The Cloud Interoperability BoF (submitted by Florian Feldhaus)
You might be aware that there is another Cloud-related BoF on Tuesday, led by Florian Feldhaus. Although the charter of DCIfed had been written in a very broad sense, the developments over time have shown that, in fact, the main work will move into the Cloud direction anyway (mostly due to the FedCloud-TF topic).

I would therefore like to invite Florian to the session to hear about the results from the BoF and to discuss how and to what extent this relates to the FedCloud-TF work. In that context, we might as well consider rechartering of the WG towards this area of interest.

Florian, please let me know if you are available, and whether you would be willing to give an update on the group.

Looking forward to see you in Oxford!

Cheers,
Alexander

--