[DAIS-WG] DAIS Interop Call

Mike Jackson michaelj at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Fri May 15 04:32:31 CDT 2009

Hi all,

Likewise my apologies I couldn't make the call - I was being subjected to
the dentist.

OGSA-DAI WS-DAIR 1.0 has an example client bundled with it. Please
see
http://www.ogsadai.org.uk/documentation/ogsadaiwsdair1.0/html/DAIRClient.html
for details on how to use it.

I'd second Mario's comments on the SoapUI tool. The fact that this
operates in terms of SOAP requests and responses means that invoking
ops is very transparent and the risk of  auto-generated classes doing odd
things is removed. It's certainly a lot more straightforward than using
Apache Axis! However, a second client developed outwith the teams who
implemented the two DAIR implementations would be useful too, for an
impartial validation perhaps?

Giacinto, you raised the question a short while ago as to whether we'd
want to do performance evaluation. Elias Theocharopoulos
(elias at nesc.ac.uk) who wrote our OGSA-DAI WS-DAIR implementation is
currently planning performance experiments for OGSA-DAI WS-DAIR so feel
free to get in touch if you want to know more.

Cheers,

mike