[DAIS-WG] WS-DAIR inter-op testing

Mike Jackson michaelj at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Thu May 7 12:30:35 CDT 2009

Hi folks,

I'll send my apologies now for missing the coming WS-DAIR telcon on
Wednesday. As for progress, I've downloaded and used SoapUI with AMGA's
test suite against OGSA-DAI WS-DAIR 1.0 doc/literal services.

My notes are here (including my notes on using SoapUI).

https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/projects.dais-wg/wiki/SoapUIDAIInterop

I ran every test. Asides from changes to resource names and SQL queries
(due to different databases), most worked :-)

There are a few failures that could be OGSA-DAI WS-DAIR 1.0 code or the
Apache Axis auto-generated code we use. Also, it's thrown up a number of
queries relating to the spec. I'll need to go and look at all these at
some point.

The main test change was for SQLResponseFactory. I had to change the
relevant tests from using <SQLRowsetFactoryRequest> to use
<GetSQLRowsetFactory> else I got an unknown operation problem.
GetSQLRowsetFactory confirms to the SQLResponse WSDL in the DAIR spec
document.

I think that the tool would be good for inter-op testing and AMGA's test
suite provides a very good starting point for evolving it into an agreed
set of inter-op tests.

I had a few questions:

-Is it possible to run a whole suite from the command-line (didn't have
  time to check this) in a batch mode?

-Is base.zip this the official DAIS-WG WSDL or AMGA's customised
  versions? I assume it's the custom versions from the GetSQLRowsetFactory
  issue above.

And two SoapUI specific ones:

-Do I need to change the references in the SQLAccess,
  SQLAccessFactory ... WSDL definitions from C:\Documents and
  Settings\siahn\My Documents\base to another location?
  It didn't seem to need this even when doing schema validation!

-If I right-click on SQLAccess, for example, and select Update
  Definition and select the sqlaccess.wsdl from the base.zip on the
  DAIS-WG Wiki I get a file not found error. But, again, I didn't
  seem to need this.

Cheers,

mike