[DAIS-WG] RDF Telcon Minutes

Mario Antonioletti mario at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Thu Jun 4 06:31:30 CDT 2009

RDF DAIS Telcon - 4th June2009
==============================

Present
-------

     	Mario Antonioletti, EPCC
     	Steven Lynden, AIST
         Isao Kojima, AIST
     	Carlos Buil Aranda, UPM

Agenda
------

- Progress, status of:
           - DAIS RDF motivational document
           - query document
           - ontology documents
- Planning

Actions
-------

[MEG] Put the WSDL/XSD for the RDF(S) spec on SVN on Grid Forge.

---

Carlos is implementing the WS-DAI RDF query spec using USMT from
Fujitsu for the ADMIRE project. Has run into one problem with JAXB -
DataResourceAddressType extends EndpointReferenceType which is
made into a final class by JAXB which is causing problems. Had to change
the WSDL to overcome this. An AIST developer had the same
problem. Steven was wondering whether we may be able to use a custom
biding as opposed to the default binding. Alternatively we may change
the WSDL in the spec if this is a problem folks are running into as
long as it does not have a major impact on the existing
implementations.

Isao reported that the motivational document still requires a bit more
work. A version should be available by the next call though.

Steven and Isao wondered whether we should change the name space to use
ogf instead of ggf. Mario had no issue with this as long as it does
not have a major impact on existing specs. It could go something that
is put forward as a result of the existing interop testing.

Mario wondered if it might be worthwhile entering into a RDF query
interop effort - Steven wondered whether it might be best to wait
until the Relational process has been undertaken so that changes
specified to the core spec are taken into account. Mario thought it
might be best not to decouple the efforts too much so that there are
not two sets of changes to the core spec.

DONM 8am UK time (GMT+1), 18 June 2009.

|Mario Antonioletti:EPCC,JCMB,The King's Buildings,Edinburgh EH9 3JZ.   |
|Tel:0131 650 5141|mario at epcc.ed.ac.uk|http://www.epcc.ed.ac.uk/~mario/ |