[DAIS-WG] namespace mismatch on some elements

Sunil Ahn siahn at kisti.re.kr
Thu Jul 2 04:01:27 CDT 2009

Dear Mike,

Hello. How have you been ?

I have found one interoperability problem, and wish to have a comment from you.

It is about the namespace mismatch on some elements.

For example,  AMGA has <wsdai:DefaultConfigurationDocument> in the output of GetSQLPropertyDocument,
   but OGSA-DAI includes <DefaultConfigurationDocument>.
I know that <DefaultConfigurationDocument> is used in the WS-DAIR spec page 8.

As far as I know, If the ElementFormDefault is set to "qualified", then <wsdai:DefaultConfigurationDocument> should be a correct output.     In reverse, If it is set to "unqualified", then <DefaultConfigurationDocument> is the right one.

WS-DAIR Appendix A.2 (SQLAccess WSDL) defines a schema with "qualified" ElementFormDefault,
  and it imports "wsdai_core_type.xsd" whose schema has no declaration on ElementFormDefault,which means "unqualifed".

In gsoap, If a schema(A) includes(or imports) other schema(B),
   it seems that the ElementFormDefault of schema(B) is just ignored.
It just produces a warning as follows
>> Warning: attempt to include schema with mismatching elementFormDefault in schema 'http://www.ggf.org/namespaces/2005/12/WS-DAI'

I have noticed that you already mentioned similar issue at the following page.
https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/projects.dais-wg/wiki/DAIAMGAInterop
That is about <Expression> elements.

I think it is better to set all the schema in xsd files to have "qualified" ElementFormDefault,
     in order to have some consistency.

If I have any misunderstanding, please let me know, and any comment would be appreciated.

Best Regards,
Sunil Ahn.

Sunil Ahn
e-Science Division,