[DAIS-WG] [BYTEIO-WG] ByteIO interop

Miguel Esteban Gutiérrez mesteban at fi.upm.es
Fri Apr 17 01:15:54 CDT 2009

Hi everybody,

For my understanding of WS technology, the usage of document/literal
operations an bindings allows some short of decoupling among messages
and operations. An operation just requires a set of elements to be
present in the message to be able to use it (that is, not to raise
a failure because the message does not comply with a fixed schema, like
the rpc/literal style does).

This is especially useful in service oriented architectures
built around and ESB, where utility services in the architecture
need to partially process messages going around (adding new elements to
the messages or removing existing ones) whilst still allowing the original
intended service to be able to process the resulting messages. The book
"Loosely coupled" by Doug Kaye illustrates this pretty well.

Cheers,

    Miguel