[DAIS-WG] ByteIO interop

Mario Antonioletti mario at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Thu Apr 16 06:54:36 CDT 2009

Hi,
    We have been thinking about (finally) doing interop in the DAIS WG
and I was looking through the ByteIO interop document and near the
beginning there is a statement:

ByteIO implementations that wish to participate in interoperability
tests MUST use the following binding:
o	The Port Type MUST be bound to SOAP 1.1
o	The binding MUST use the "document/literal" style.

In DAIS we have already hit the document/literal vs rpc/literal SOAP
binding. I was wondering whether there was a rationale for having
adopted document/literal rather than rpc/literal for the binding? or
was this a quick and easy decision to get the interop testing
underway?

Please let me/us know. Thanks in advance,

Mario

|Mario Antonioletti:EPCC,JCMB,The King's Buildings,Edinburgh EH9 3JZ.   |
|Tel:0131 650 5141|mario at epcc.ed.ac.uk|http://www.epcc.ed.ac.uk/~mario/ |