[DAIS-WG] DAIS-WG at singapore

Isao KOJIMA kojima at ni.aist.go.jp
Sat Sep 20 02:17:50 CDT 2008

Hi,
DAIS-WG session in OGF24 at Singapore was over this Wednesday.

Unfortunately, Singapore was very farand hot place and we could not
get much attendee(total 9)
Instead,  we could get a cool report such as OGSA-DAI WS-DAIR
implementation  which is very
near to be completed. The presentations and minutes will be on the gridforge.

For those who could not have joined the meeting,  I want to inform
this list for the following
working items raised in the session and the related discussion.

1) Is there anyone interested in Object-Oriented database specs of WS-DAI?
We already have a draft document in GGF14, however, we could not make
any advance
since we don't have sufficient people who can work for this topic.
Thus, we proposed to drop
this working item from the group charter. If there is no response from
this list, we want
to submit the updates to the charter to drop this activity.

2) The charter updates will also include our current RDF activity.
AIST,Japan and UPM, Spain is mainly doing this work, however,  we want
to enlarge the
community so that if you interested in the activity, please contact us.
Also, we are trying to promote this activity and we are very happy if
anyone of you know
how and where to advertise this activity. Any information is welcome.

3)  SAGA group has the interest to create the SAGA interface for
database access.
They want to have use cases of database access using SAGA. Any contributors
with such usecases will be welcome.

4) OGSA-DAI group reported that their WS-DAIR implementation will be
complete in  this November.
We already have AMGA implementation of DAIR and this means that the
interoperability testing
can be started at least for DAIR. Currently we don't have any plan how
to do it or what kind of help
should be provided to these groups. AIST is also working for our
WS-DAI core fo RDF which will
due this November and I think we  can volunteer some for the testing
and the demonstration for
some place or events. Anyway, the discussion is just started and we
will be happy if you can join
or give any idea to do this.

>From my personal point of view, I had a chance to board on A380, a
full-double deck airplane.
It was impressive plane even in the packed economy class. The economy
seat has the console
with small full-keyboard,USB connector and the ethernet connector.
OpenOffice is installed in the
seat back monitor so that you can edit your presentation even if you
have forget to bring your computer:-)

(In fact, I wonder what kind of people will use this software since
most people will bring their own PCs.
Maybe it will connected to the Internet and you can use gmail from
your seat in the future,,,)

Regards,
Isao