[DAIS-WG] WS-DAI implementations and DAIS-WG process

Mike Jackson michaelj at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Tue Jul 8 06:46:42 CDT 2008

Hi folks,

The OGSA-DAI project have produced an implementaton of the WS-DAIX
specification which we released in June. We are currently working on a
related implementation of WS-DAIR, currently scheduled for September. At
the last OGF it was clear that there were a number of other groups working
on DAIR or DAIX implementations. I have a couple of questions.

What is the process for forwarding our experiences of implementing the
specs to the authors? We have a number, ranging from typos and
inconsistencies within and between the docs, through to issues we
encountered during design and implementation. Is it enough just to give
a list of these to Mario or is there some OGF-specific doc you need
completed?

I understand that as part of the specification acceptance/evolution
process you require two inter-operable implementations, and that
inter-op will be tested by a common test suite that can interact with
these distinct implementations. Have such test suites been defined
for WS-DAIR and WS-DAIX (either designed or implemented)?

We have a doc by Steve Lynden of Manchester proposing tests for DAIX
and the tests he implemented. We updated these tests and added some more
and our implementation works according to this.

However, it would be useful to know how much support the DAIS-WG will give
to this aspect of the spec implementation activity, in terms of designing,
developing and hosting the test suites, arranging for interested parties
to run the tests, and collating the results.

Cheers,

mike

Dr. Michael (Mike) Jackson      Tel: +(44)-0131-650-5141
E-mail: m.jackson at epcc.ed.ac.uk Fax: +(44)-0131-650-6555
EPCC                            OGSA-DAI Project
WWW:  http://www.epcc.ed.ac.uk  WWW: http://www.ogsadai.org.uk

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.