[dais-wg] Release 3.0 of OGSA-DQP now available.

Mario Antonioletti mario at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Fri Dec 9 08:51:29 CST 2005

On behalf of the OGSA-DQP team:

Hi All

It is a pleasure to announce the third release of OGSA-DQP (Open Grid
Services Architecture Distributed Query Processor). OGSA-DQP allows
queries to be evaluated over multiple distributed relational databases,
where the queries may include calls to web services.  The software
architecture accesses relational databases using OGSA-DAI
(http://www.ogsadai.org.uk), and supports both pipelined and
partitioned parallelism. More details about OGSA-DQP can be found at:

  	http://www.ogsadai.org.uk/dqp/

The OGSA-DQP Coordinator Service can now be deployed on to either WSRF
or WS-I platforms, using either OGSA-DAI WSRF 2.1 or OGSA-DAI WS-I 2.1
to access the databases referenced in queries.  The query evaluation
service only requires a WS-I platform, which minimises requirements and
allows a simple deployment to be made using WAR files. Furthermore, the
query compiler and optimiser can now be built using Cygwin, allowing
the coordinator service to be deployed on Windows as well as Linux.

This new release also contains some major improvements in query
compilation/optimisation and evaluation with respect to performance,
multiple bug fixes and a new command line client.

A gzipped tarball and winzipped distribution of the source code can be
obtained from:

  	 http://www.ogsadai.org.uk/downloads

If you have previously downloaded OGSA-DAI or OGSA-DQP then the same
user name and password will work, otherwise please register to obtain
the username/password at:

  	http://www.ogsadai.org.uk/download.cgi?OGSA-DQP

This software is released under the OGSA-DAI Project license which is
available at http://www.ogsadai.org.uk/releases/dqp.php.  We are happy
to receive feedback. Please send any queries or bugs to the OGSA-DAI
User Mailing list users at ogsadai.org.uk (note that you need to be
registered to post to this list, to register see:
http://www.ogsadai.org.uk/support/list.php) or the support help desk
(support at ogsadai.org.uk).

OGSA-DQP was designed and developed at the Universities of Manchester
and Newcastle, UK. It was funded by the UK e-Science programme through
the OGSA-DAI, DAIT and myGrid projects.

The OGSA-DQP Project Team

|Mario Antonioletti:EPCC,JCMB,The King's Buildings,Edinburgh EH9 3JZ.   |
|Tel:0131 650 5141|mario at epcc.ed.ac.uk|http://www.epcc.ed.ac.uk/~mario/ |