[dais-wg] Data Access to Object Oriented Data Bases

Thomas Soddemann tks at ipp.mpg.de
Tue Nov 30 04:59:19 CST 2004

2nd try.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 17:40:59 +0100
From: Thomas Soddemann <Thomas.Soddemann at rzg.mpg.de>
To: dais-wg at ggf.org
Subject: Data Access to Object Oriented Data Bases

Hi folks,

the importance of Data Access to Object Oriented Data Bases and O/R
Mapping layers grows as more applications tend to store objects rather
than directly dealing with rows and columns of relational tables. So
back at GGF10 we tried to launch an initiative to add OO access to
OGSA-DAIS. Unfortunately, noone of the people interested in seeing
support, really did work on it (including me). At GGF12 Norman and I
agreed that something should be done about it in order to push things
forward. The result should ideally be presentable at GGF13. So here is
my little plan:

I (and anybody who is keen on joining) will write an initial
specification which will be posted on this list as soon as I (or
hopefully we) believe that it is worth discussing. My plan is to have
this document within the first two weeks of January 2005, so that we may
discuss it at the first or second telcon in 2005.

Everybody, who has a little interest in bringing things forward is
welcome to join, even if you just would like to have the possibility to
comment on early drafts.

Best regards,
Thomas

P.S.: Unfortunately, I turned to a frequent traveller in the last two
month, so that it was quite difficult for me to join telcons. But I plan
to be on the next call, December 7th.

 Dr. Thomas Soddemann     |  Boltzmannstrasse 2
 Projects Engineer        |  85748 Garching
 Rechenzentrum der MPG    |  Germany
 am MPI fuer Plasmaphysik |
 phone: +49 89 3299 2694  |  fax: +49 89 3299 1301