PayPal Stock: I Believe In The Turnaround Plays (NASDAQ:PYPL) | Seeking Alpha

Gunnar Larson g at xny.io
Sun Mar 10 05:48:16 PDT 2024

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4677139-paypal-pypl-stock-believe-turnaround-plays

The main drivers of improved EBIT, which trickled down to the company’s
bottom line were cutting down on sales & marketing, and technology
development, while G&A went down only slightly, but still contributed to
that improvement. I’m not sure if I agree with cutting down investments in
technology development. This will improve margins in the short run, but if
we look at the long-term picture, the slowdown in development and
innovation will keep the company struggling to gain back its lost market
share to other payment platforms.

I am not sure the company should be making cuts in the innovation and
development segment of expenses, but we will have to wait for the next
couple of quarters to see how these have progressed.