Sat Feb 24 12:29:04 PST 2024

I hit a woman’s vehicle on the 10th. She has children and uses the vehicle
as transportation to work all day to support them. I have been working with
financial institutions for the past two weeks to try to successfully send
her $10000 to help compensate for this. After red flags and limits left and
right I finally got a teller’s check sent via overnight mail for the 21st.
She is now telling me the check is being denied as invalid and fraudulent.

She is in Oregon, and I am in Ohio, now. If I need to drive to Oregon to
allow a check I wrote to be cashed by someone just because their ID is
expired or something, this will not be right, okay, or moral. It’s
thousands of miles away. She has to work all day to support her children,
and doesn’t have the time I have to jump through hoops.