Fri Feb 23 16:02:55 PST 2024

2024-02-23 1557 -0500

I've traveled to a public place (i tried a new one, it's a little
awkward where i found) and set up some.

My goal: try to use the mediatek bootrom reset information I've
gleaned to make progress on one of my broken phones. I've brought the
newest one where likely the problem is that i flashed a software/emmc
bootrom from a device with a different id. I want to try grounding
KCOL0. It's not labeled on my device so I'll look for conductivity in
the power buttons.

I've bought a multimeter but not a soldering iron. Instead I'm going
to see if I can tape the wire on. Might not work. But at least maybe I
can find KCOL0 ! It's a cheap analog multimeter.

1600.

Sadly I've run into an issue right off the bat. The screwdriver I have
only goes down to PH1 which is too big for the screws on the phone. I
crossed my memories of opening it in the past, they must have been
from before I got this screwdriver. It seems I'll need to get a
smaller one (or go somewhere with screwdrivers).

Apologies !!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

It was pretty hard to get here. I hope I try to do this again ! I'm so close!