WHOSE a RAT dotcom queries

professor rat pro2rat at yahoo.com.au
Tue Apr 9 21:25:55 PDT 2024

 There were no true libertarians when state terrorists attacked cypherpunks. Why anarchists took over and the greater circle of eunuchs went into hibernation with Mongo.

https://marc.info/?l=cryptography&m=100164125604665&w=2

Treat me good I treat you better -  treat me bad I treat you worse

"A free society is not a suicide pact"? No, it's a matter of principle,
>and of courage. I really think you should reconsider your political
>affiliations.
>
>--Charles Platt
>Senior Writer, Wired magazine
This is when stuff got serious for Conde Nast and the order went down to throttle back cryptoanarchist coverage.

Who turned the screw?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiZHNw1MtzI

Where’s the criminal?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Platt_(author)

Platt began writing for Wired magazine in its third issue, and ultimately became one of its senior writers, contributing more than thirty full-length features.

The criminal fluffed a bunch of neo-fascists that Phil Zimmerman and Hal Finney specifically distanced themselves from politically.

Pro nasty cypherpunks WIRED Owned by Condé Nast, it is headquartered in San Francisco, California, and has been in publication since March/April 1993
Third issue soon after that.
The fortune of the magazine and allied enterprises corresponded closely to that of the dot-com bubble. In 1996, Rossetto and the other participants in Wired Ventures attempted to take the company public with an IPO. The initial attempt had to be withdrawn in the face of a downturn in the stock market, and especially the Internet sector, during the summer of 1996. The second try was also unsuccessful.
Rossetto and Metcalfe lost control of Wired Ventures to financial investors Providence Equity Partners in May 1998, which quickly sold off the company in pieces. Wired was purchased by Advance Publications, which assigned it to Advance’s subsidiary, New York-based publisher Condé Nast Publications

In 2001 Wired found new editorial direction under editor-in-chief Chris Anderson, making the magazine’s coverage “more mainstream”.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Anderson_(writer)