Entrepreneurs to the Rescue

Gunnar Larson g at xny.io
Mon Apr 8 05:01:21 PDT 2024

Entrepreneurs to the Rescue

There has been a rise in mistrust of our institutions and in the US since
the early 2000s. We do not think that it is a coincidence that this wave of
mistrust began at the same time the US declared War on Iraq in 2003. Our
response to 9/11, backed by false intelligence, marked a significant
undermining of US credibility on the world stage, from which we have not
fully recovered.

The entrepreneurial disposition here in Silicon Valley is one of
earnestness and optimism. We are committed to solving these problems of
institutional mistrust, working on securing people's privacy, and taking
back to individual power through an onslaught of Web3 innovation. We also
aspire to make individuals more valuable and efficient with AI so they can
get more done in less time. The dream of a four-day workweek or less is
very real.
<https://substack.com/redirect/dd225f0d-39f4-4e30-8f1b-3f3fea551d7d?j=eyJ1IjoiMXA1djB6In0.5Szn4CYVluYxbDPnqVhSiylyhBLFmwyRmnG-VvbUuSI>
The principle
of subsidiarity's roots go back to Thomistic social theory
<https://substack.com/redirect/0557292c-6d4f-4c20-b980-d77511b4e52c?j=eyJ1IjoiMXA1djB6In0.5Szn4CYVluYxbDPnqVhSiylyhBLFmwyRmnG-VvbUuSI>.
Carlo Crivelli painted this portrait of Saint Thomas Aquinas.

>From our post, we see the two biggest components to saving the American
ideal, re-establishing our global brand, and uniting our country are
joining together and recommitting to two primary principles. The first is the
organizing principle of subsidiarity,
<https://substack.com/redirect/53336926-c994-4da4-9173-c9f4950faad5?j=eyJ1IjoiMXA1djB6In0.5Szn4CYVluYxbDPnqVhSiylyhBLFmwyRmnG-VvbUuSI>
which
affirms that the autonomy and human dignity of the individual are
paramount. In other words, the idea is that all social bodies exist for the
sake of the individual, not for the benefit of the institutions or the
people running them. The decentralizing power of blockchain and crypto can
make this happen.

The second is a return to the principle of non-violent protest. We have
still not reconciled and atoned for the millions of innocent people who
were killed, maimed, or displaced during the Middle East wars we started.
We also have not reconciled the 47 innocent deaths and $5 billion in
inter-city property and business destruction that occurred in the Summer of
2020. There is a better way to affect social change, and we have the
independence
of India under Mahatma Gandhi
<https://substack.com/redirect/8c213d5b-bb62-4a1c-be42-cebf07801477?j=eyJ1IjoiMXA1djB6In0.5Szn4CYVluYxbDPnqVhSiylyhBLFmwyRmnG-VvbUuSI>,
the US Civil Rights movement under the leadership of Martin Luther King,
Jr., the takedown of the Soviet Union, and Apartheid in South Africa as
successful use cases. Let's stop the dying!

Anthony Perkins, founder & editor, Cryptonite