Wokeism is Doomed

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 21:58:26 PDT 2023

More utter nonsense and debilitating pandering from the left...

California Introduces "Ebony Alert" To Find Missing Black Kids, Young Women

A new California law which goes into effect Jan. 1 is the first of its
kind in the nation to prioritize the search for missing black kids and
young black women.

On Sunday, Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) signed Senate Bill 673 to create the
"Ebony Alert" monitoring system, which will allow the Highway Patrol
to activate the alert upon request from local law enforcement when
black youth, or women, go missing in an area. The Ebony Alert system
will utilize electronic highway signs, and encourages authorities to
use social media, TV, radio and other systems to spread word when a
black child (or woman!) goes missing, NBC News reports.

The Ebony Alert will be used for missing black people between the ages
of 12 and 25.

    What about Asian, Hispanic and white kids?
    — Elon Musk (@elonmusk) October 11, 2023

"Data shows that Black and brown, our indigenous brothers and sisters,
when they go missing there’s very rarely the type of media attention,
let alone AMBER alerts and police resources that we see with our white
counterparts," state Sen. Steven Bradford (D), who created the
legislation, told NBC News earlier this year, adding "We feel it’s
well beyond time that we dedicate something specifically to help bring
these young women and girls back home because they’re missed and loved
just as much as their counterparts are."
California state Sen. Steven Bradford last year.Carolyn Cole / Los
Angeles Times via Getty Images file

    About 141,000 Black children under the age of 18 went missing in
2022, and Black women over 21 accounted for nearly 16,500 missing
persons cases that year, according to the most recent data from the
National Crime Information Center. More than 30,000 Black people in
the U.S. remained missing at the end of 2022, according to the center.
Although about 38% of the people who went missing i in 2022 were
Black, according to the Black and Missing Foundation, missing Black
people are less likely than white people to have their stories
highlighted in the media. Also, missing persons cases for Black people
remain open longer than those for white people. Derrica Wilson,
co-founder of the foundation, told CNN that a majority of the 6,000
cases of missing Black people in her database remain unsolved. -NBC
News

The state's Amber Alert system, meanwhile, requires that a victim be
under the age of 17 or have a proven disability, and authorities must
have a reason to believe they're in danger. Alerts can't be used for
custody battles or runaways.

The problem, according to the report, is that missing black kids are
usually classified as runaways - and therefore don't qualify for Amber
Alerts.

"Something’s better than nothing," said Bradford. "Whether the Amber
alert or an Ebony Alert is going to be 100% effective, we don’t go
with that false illusion or belief. But it’s better than not doing
anything at all."