USA 2024 Elections Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Wed May 31 19:32:04 PDT 2023

None of US Corrupt Democrats Power Grabbing comes from the US people,
they're just fools psyopped and whipped up into voting against Freedom...

How Flipping Colorado Blue Has Become Democrats' Blueprint For The
Rest Of America

Authored by Katie Spence via The Epoch Times

Colorado’s legislative session is 120 consecutive days long and during
the 2023 session lawmakers introduced 617 bills. Of those, 218 passed
and have been signed into law by Democratic Gov. Jared Polis. More are
waiting to be signed.
Members of the Communist Party USA and other anti-fascist groups burn
an American flag on the steps of the Colorado State Capitol in Denver,
Colo., on Jan. 20, 2021. (Michael Ciaglo/Getty Images)

Democrats have a historic majority in the Colorado House, a
supermajority in the Senate, and control the governorship. As such,
all bills passed with Democrat support—and more often than not, over
Republican’s vehement objections. It’s a marked change from 2002 when
the GOP dominated politics in Colorado.

Colorado Republican Rep. Stephanie Luck is one of a handful of
Colorado Representatives fighting back and trying to expose what she
describes as Democrats’ Marxist agenda, where individual rights don’t
matter, and the government controls every aspect of life.

“When I first got elected and sworn into office in 2021, Governor
Polis gave his State-of-the-State Address shortly thereafter and
stated that it was his goal and the goal of his Democratic majority to
fundamentally transform Colorado,” Luck told The Epoch Times.

“So, the question becomes, what was the initial foundation they want
to transform? And I would point us to the mission statement of the
United States, which is the Declaration of Independence.

“And basically, we could go word by word in that most famous phrase
starting with ‘We hold these truths.’ We can start with the word ‘We’
and demonstrate how they want not a ‘We,’ not a unified whole, not one
nation, but different tribes, different groupings, different
identities, and then just go every single word and recognize that they
really are advancing the opposite of that mission statement.

“And that is what Governor Polis and the Democrats have been doing in Colorado.”
“The Declaration of Independence, July 4, 1776,” circa 1792, by John
Trumbull. (Public Domain)
The Blueprint

Luck refers to the book, “The Blueprint: How the Democrats Won
Colorado (and Why Republicans Everywhere Should Care),” by Adam
Schrager and Rob Witwer.

It details how, in the summer of 2004, progressive organizations and a
group of multimillionaires—including Colorado’s now governor
Polis—devised a plan to elect a Democratic majority. The group called
themselves the Roundtable.

“Everyone had a common goal and it wasn’t to win friends. It was to
win elections. That was the measure by which they would succeed or
fail,” writes Schrager. He adds that the group’s main avenues to flip
Colorado blue were extensive organization, a deep understanding of
data, and, arguably the most impactful, taking advantage of campaign
finance reform laws.

Dr. Joshua Dunn, a professor of political science at the University of
Colorado in Colorado Springs, agrees.

“There was a well-orchestrated democratic plan to take control of the
state. … [The Roundtable] was smart,” Dunn told The Epoch Times. “They
were smarter than the Republicans. I think the Republicans will tell
you that they were outsmarted by them. I don’t think there’s any doubt
about it.

“They were well organized, disciplined, and they imposed discipline on
people who wanted their support. They had requirements for
people—particularly in local races if you wanted to get support from
them—you had to go and knock on a certain number of doors.”

In addition to organization and discipline, Schrager notes that the
group understood that swaying state politics could have an outsized
impact on politics at the federal level.

“In hindsight, it’s remarkable how quickly members of the Roundtable
adapted to the new campaign finance reality. While national political
groups were beginning to use 527s [527 concerns a section of the
Internal Revenue Code governing a type of tax-exempt political
organization] … in 2004 it was unusual for state-based organizations
to understand these exotic organizations and complex rules that
governed them—much less master them to the point that they could be
used effectively.”

By taking advantage of 527s, the Roundtable raised $3.6 million. In
contrast, Republicans raised $845,000. With a significant war chest
for state-level elections established, the group targeted Republican
politicians. And they did so through targeted ads, leaflets, boots on
the ground, automated calls, and a unified message that a Democratic
majority was better for Colorado.

Schrager quotes Polis saying in The Blueprint: “We really didn’t truly
know how big this would become. Clearly, when we started, we had no
idea. I didn’t know this would have great historical significance, nor
did anybody there that we would transform Colorado.”

But transform the Colorado political landscape they did.
Colorado Gov. Jared Polis speaks in Highlands Ranch, Colo., on May 8,
2019. (Michael Ciaglo/Getty Images)

>From 1978 to 2002, Republicans controlled both the state House and
state Senate. But in 2006, Democrats took control of both chambers.

Then, the 2010 election was the nail in the coffin, according to Dunn,
and it came down to candidate quality, “This was an enormous lost
opportunity for the Republican Party, and I think it’s very difficult
to overstate the significance of that election or the decline of the
Republican Party in Colorado.

“That was the Tea Party election. By all rights, the Republican Party
should have won both the governor’s office and what’s now Senator
Michael Bennett’s Senate seat in that election, but they made two
catastrophic mistakes. They nominated a Tea Party candidate for
governor who was so ill-prepared that Tom Tancredo ran as a
third-party candidate.

“Then on the Senate side with Michael Bennett, again, Republicans
should have won that, but they nominated Ken Buck, and he was not
prepared for primetime in that race and made several significant
mistakes, but he almost won.

“If the Republicans had another good option, they easily would have
won that race. So, there you have two statewide elections that
Republicans should have won easily, and it was money that they just
left on the table,” Dunn said.
A ‘Marxist’ Agenda

Colorado has since shifted to the left.

“We’ve obviously moved to the left. There’s no doubt because there’s
been nothing to put the brakes on for [Democrats],” Dunn said.

“You saw that with this past legislative session. … There were a lot
of really controversial pieces of legislation. … Even the stuff that
didn’t make it through, the fact that it was being considered kind of
tells you where they’re trying to go.”

“I wouldn’t be surprised if Polis wouldn’t have minded Republicans
controlling one house of the state legislature just to limit the bills
that made it to him where he had to make a difficult choice. Either
support his own party, which would require him to sign some
legislation that might undermine a general election campaign for
president, or veto and anger his own caucus,” said Dunn.

Luck sees the Democrats as pushing a Marxist agenda.

“Let’s just take the right to contract and the right to property,” she
said. “These are alienable rights [meaning transferable] that our
founders understood were necessary to a free people. So, the right to
property is a derivative of our self.

“And unfortunately, many of my colleagues don’t understand that
property is inherent to oneself. They see property and wealth building
almost through a lens of evil. Those who have are somehow inherently
bad because they ‘have.’

“So, what we have seen this last session is a pitting of employees
against employers, tenants against landlords, any category of people
that my colleagues think at some point have been oppressed or have
been wronged, are now—through law—given extra rights and afforded
extra protections that I believe are largely unjust.”

In the 2023 legislative session, Democrats passed Senate Bill 23-184,
“Protections For Residential Tenants,” that, among other provisions,
prohibits landlords from considering “certain information relating to
a prospective tenant’s income or rental history.” That “information”
includes income and credit scores. The new law also puts a cap on how
much income a landlord can require to qualify a prospective tenant.