Vineyard Wind Has Almost Succeeded In Ending One Of The Three NIMBY Lawsuits Against It But That's Beside The Point. - Renewables - United States

Gunnar Larson g at xny.io
Tue May 30 14:35:30 PDT 2023

Yes, the Federal Government and Vineyard Wind were victorious, and likely
will be in the two remaining lawsuits against them, but we're not going to
get where we want to get in our fight against the warming of our planet by
the time we need to get there if everyone has to go through what Vineyard
Wind has gone through.

Nantucket Residents claimed that the agency didn't use the best scientific
and commercial data, but Talwani said that the group was unable to offer
evidence that the agency's metrics for determining harm to whales were
arbitrary and capricious. It also wasn't able to offer evidence to support
its "speculative argument" that right whales will flee into vessel traffic,
the judge said. The bureau considered a "suite" of mitigation measures to
limit harms to surrounding mammals, and the group couldn't show that the
agency's reliance on them was unlawful, Talwani said.

https://www.mondaq.com/unitedstates/renewables/1321802/vineyard-wind-has-almost-succeeded-in-ending-one-of-the-three-nimby-lawsuits-against-it-but-thats-beside-the-point