RetroComputing: Older chips and windows distros

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Thu May 25 20:58:10 PDT 2023

oerg866 @oerg866

29, 🇩🇪, retro gaming guy, hard/software engineer, embedded systems,
demoscene, musician, esports! Creator of Win98 QuickInstall!
Contributor at TheRetroWeb!
Friedberg (Hessen), Germany
pharmercy.eu:8123
Joined January 2012

    Tweets 1,788
    Following 102
    Followers 537
    Likes 1,411

408 Photos and videos

    Tweets
    Tweets & Replies
    Media

Pinned Tweet
oerg866 @oerg866
May 23
Windows 98 QuickInstall v0.9.3 is released! - Fixes UI consistencies
and crashes - Smaller images, duplicate file optimization - File
attribute fixes ("file not found" errors) - STOCK image added to
reference ISOs Framework: github.com/oerg866/win98-qui… ISO:
archive.org/details/win98qi_…
29
164
8
824
oerg866 retweeted
Tapachki @Tapachki
May 24
🥰🌌 #HonkaiStarRail #hsr #スターレイル #Kafka
1
2
oerg866 @oerg866
May 23
Windows 98 QuickInstall v0.9.3 is released! - Fixes UI consistencies
and crashes - Smaller images, duplicate file optimization - File
attribute fixes ("file not found" errors) - STOCK image added to
reference ISOs Framework: github.com/oerg866/win98-qui… ISO:
archive.org/details/win98qi_…
29
164
8
824
oerg866 @oerg866
May 23
I did the stupidest and most impulsive thing in my life. The Retro
Roundup twitch stream returns THIS WEEKEND. With an ULTIMATE
MOTHERBOAD MOTHERLOAD UNBOXING. DON'T MISS IT.
1
oerg866 @oerg866
May 21
Here's a slightly unusual CPU: The Cyrix MII-300GP for the Socket 7!
It runs at 225MHz with an FSB of 75MHz, making its name a bit
deceptive - supposedly it performs as a Pentium would if it were
clocked at 300MHz... But as you can see, it has trouble beating the
MMX 200 🤭
28
17
4
157
oerg866 @oerg866
May 20
The EPoX 8KTA2 has a KT133 chipset, which is only capable of running
at 100MHz FSB. Usually this limits you to Thunderbird class CPUs. This
is an Athlon XP Barton modified to have a 20x multiplier. The CPU
therefore runs at 2GHz (2400+), giving this old board a real boost!
5
10
68
oerg866 @oerg866
May 16
The cool PvE mode everyone has been looking forward to was cancelled.
Blizzard, my expectations for you were low, but HOLY FUCK. It's
literally just OW1 with microtransactions and really expensive skins
now. Fuck OFF
Overwatch @PlayOverwatch
May 16
ICYMI: Game Director @aaronkellerOW & Executive Producer
@OhReallyJared took a peek into the future of #Overwatch2 👀 Watch
this segment for the latest on PvE and everything else we have planned
in 2023 ✨ 👉 piped.kavin.rocks/G43vVavNl1w?t=2500
nitter.pw/i/web/status/165…
1
oerg866 @oerg866
May 14
Anyone order an 866er?
3
oerg866 @oerg866
May 12
Verbatim Azo CD-R from 1999. This one gets perfect scores on Nero Disc
Speed. They knew how to make stable dyes 🤩
6
2
88
oerg866 @oerg866
May 12
It seems some kind of zenith has been reached. Cannot seem to get a
good burn on the old blue eyes discs, even from reputable brands like
Imation. This was not a problem 3-4 years ago. Sad, I loved using
those discs. Always had this nostalgic vibe with them!
oerg866 @oerg866
May 11
Old CD-Rs are dying :( this is a freshly burned DataRight CD-R (cheap
Chinese off-brand) which was manufactured in 1997. It doesn't read
even though it was just written to. Look at the degradation on that
coating...
4
oerg866 @oerg866
May 11
Old CD-Rs are dying :( this is a freshly burned DataRight CD-R (cheap
Chinese off-brand) which was manufactured in 1997. It doesn't read
even though it was just written to. Look at the degradation on that
coating...
23
11
4
115
oerg866 @oerg866
May 10
Disappointed to see support mains are getting fucked again this patch.
Fuck off blizzard, ana was perfect in her current state
oerg866 @oerg866
May 9
This build went slow due to my health (and BIOS bugs...) Presenting
the Pentium BRO! - EPoX PP6-NB - Intel Pentium PRO @ 233MHz - 160MB
EDO - ELSA GLoria Synergy (3DLabs Permedia 2) - 3dfx Voodoo -
Guillemot Maxi Sound 64 Home Studio - Adaptec Ultra160 SCSI - Seagate
137GB nitter.pw/i/web/status/165…
11
13
1
87
1,301
oerg866 @oerg866
May 9
The power supply is an Enermax and has been recapped due to leaking caps (eww)
1
1
6
oerg866 @oerg866
May 5
Wholesome overwatch moment 😭♥
oerg866 @oerg866
May 5
Still positive, still coughing. I hate it here and I'm having a hard
time going to my doctor's office to get another sick leave extension
because I feel stupid for it...
oerg866 @oerg866
Apr 22
Welp. It finally hit me after 3+ years.
1
2
oerg866 @oerg866
May 5
Happens on 4.14... Going further back in time as we speak
oerg866 @oerg866
May 5
There's something VERY wrong with Linux's Disk I/O handling on the
Intel PIIX3 IDE controller. Data transfers when devices are connected
on different channels yield errors, corruption, freezes, timeouts and
crashes. Verified by @DX_Deksor and me on 3 different motherboards.
Show this thread
1
oerg866 retweeted
cts🌸 @gf_256
May 5
Holy based
16
125
8
1,294
Show this thread
oerg866 @oerg866
May 5
Happens on 6.1.4 too. :|
[...]
Additional info: - Happens on both ata_piix and ata_generic drivers -
even when forcing lowest PIO mode - on at least Kernel 5.14 and 5.15 -
does NOT happen when both devices are on the same IDE channel - RARELY
happens when one of the devices is on another controller
Load more