1984: Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Thu May 25 16:28:27 PDT 2023

Like Government, AI presents massive problems...

nitter
Logo
Senator Rand Paul @SenRandPaul

I fight for Kentucky, individual rights, and the Constitution | This
is an official government account for Senator Rand Paul.
Bowling Green, KY
Paul.Senate.Gov
Joined August 2020

    Tweets 1,299
    Following 220
    Followers 129,925
    Likes 49

501 Photos and videos

    Tweets
    Tweets & Replies
    Media

Pinned Tweet
Senator Rand Paul @SenRandPaul
Mar 29
I object.
24
8
3
150
Show this thread
Senator Rand Paul @SenRandPaul
4h
The United States is engaging in the same government run
domestic-censorship efforts for which we criticize other countries.
Read my latest Op-Ed in @NRO! nationalreview.com/2023/05/k…
Keep Artificial Intelligence out of Government Surveillance

It’s a danger to Americans’ freedom of thought and expression.
nationalreview.com
3
13
101
Senator Rand Paul @SenRandPaul
7h
Great news from the Supreme Court! Kentucky’s farmers and agricultural
industry have suffered long enough under the Clean Water Act’s
burdensome #WOTUS rule. It’s time we prioritize Kentuckians’ rights
and the economic well-being of those across America. ow.ly/gWaL50OwNkm
Supreme Court Rules for Landowners, Limits US Clean Water Act

The US Supreme Court put new limits on the Clean Water Act, ruling in
favor of an Idaho couple seeking to build a house on property that
federal regulators say is protected wetlands.
bloomberg.com
73
77
13
288
Senator Rand Paul @SenRandPaul
9h
It was my honor to present a Silver Star Medal and other military
medals and awards that Veteran Richard Smith lost during a house fire.
Thank you for your service to this great nation! ow.ly/ugeK50OwEG4
Soul-soothing occasion: Sacramento veteran receives replacement awards, medals

It was in November 2020 when Sacramento residents Richard and Becky
Smiths’ home burned down after recently moving in five months prior.
messenger-inquirer.com
5
35
187
Senator Rand Paul retweeted
HSGAC GOP @HSGAC_GOP
May 24
"We must get to the bottom of how the federal government uses AI to
violate the privacy and civil liberties of the American people before
it’s too late." Read more on Ranking Member @SenRandPaul's op-ed in
@NRO on the government's alarming use of AI⬇️
nationalreview.com/2023/05/k…
Keep Artificial Intelligence out of Government Surveillance

It’s a danger to Americans’ freedom of thought and expression.
nationalreview.com
4
7
1
37
Senator Rand Paul @SenRandPaul
May 24
Happy #WasteReportWednesday! Perhaps it’s time to pull the D.C.
Streetcar into the station for good. Read more: sen.gov/2K05
16
63
4
229
Senator Rand Paul @SenRandPaul
May 23
Hate to say I told you so…ow.ly/SwAP50OugmV
FLASHBACK: Rand Paul was the only Republican who opposed confirming
Christopher Wray as FBI Director

An interesting piece of history in the wake of the Durham Report.
based-politics.com
186
1,342
37
7,046
Senator Rand Paul @SenRandPaul
May 19
Yesterday I joined @WDRBNews to talk debt ceiling negotiations, KY
governor's race, TikTok, and my new bipartisan disaster relief bill.
wdrb.com/politics/kentucky-u…
Kentucky US Sen. Rand Paul weighs in on debt ceiling negotiations,
governor's race, TikTok

Republican Kentucky U.S. Senator Rand Paul joined WDRB Mornings
Thursday to talk about the progress being made as negotiators work to
prevent the country from defaulting on its loans.
wdrb.com
26
17
108
Senator Rand Paul @SenRandPaul
May 19
USPIS must reform its regulations for mail covers to protect
Americans' privacy. washingtonexaminer.com/opini…
Rand Paul and seven other senators want to make sure your mail isn't
being tracked by the government

Is your mail being monitored? Is the government keeping track of
correspondence among people? Should the government have that power?
These were the questions some senators sought an answer to this...
washingtonexaminer.com
5
14
2
93
Senator Rand Paul @SenRandPaul
May 19
Great talking to @LEX18News yesterday about my bill with
@SenatorLankford and @SenGaryPeters to reduce the burden on disaster
survivors in need of aid. I look forward to working with a bipartisan
coalition to get this vital legislation passed expeditiously.
8
13
71
1,540
Senator Rand Paul @SenRandPaul
May 18
I'm proud to celebrate this bipartisan resolution. #NationalPoliceWeek
provides an opportunity to honor and remember the fallen heroes who
made the ultimate sacrifice in the line of duty.
paul.senate.gov/dr-paul-cele…
Dr. Paul Celebrates the Passage of Bipartisan Resolution in
Recognition of National Police Week  -...

WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Senator Rand Paul (R-K.Y.) joined a broad
bipartisan coalition of 78 Senators in introducing a resolution
designating the week of May 14 through 20, 2023 as National Police...
paul.senate.gov
8
14
115
Senator Rand Paul retweeted
Washington Examiner @dcexaminer
May 18
. at SenRandPaul praised @ElonMusk for standing for free speech rights
and being willing to speak out regardless of possible backlash. “I
think history will actually record that,” Paul said. trib.al/gNKpf7e
Rand Paul: 'History will actually record' Musk's free speech courage
to 'reveal inconvenient truths'

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) praised Elon Musk for standing for free speech
rights and being willing to speak out regardless of possible backlash.
washingtonexaminer.com
17
71
3
341
Senator Rand Paul @SenRandPaul
May 18
Today on @FaulknerFocus I talked about the House hearing on the
weaponization of government and weighed in on the debt crisis. The
American people are upset by the abuses they're seeing so these
hearings are a VERY good idea.
40
127
2
471
9,863
Senator Rand Paul @SenRandPaul
May 18
📺 👀 I joined @JesseBWatters to discuss free speech. The 1st
Amendment is one of the bedrock principles of our founding, yet the
federal government has used taxpayer resources to suppress the speech
of Americans for too long. I’m going to introduce legislation soon to
fix that.
15
94
4
246
2,360
Senator Rand Paul @SenRandPaul
May 17
Today @RonWyden and I led a group of six bipartisan senators in
calling for stronger protections for the privacy of Americans’ letters
and packages, in a letter to the U.S. Postal Inspection Service.
paul.senate.gov/dr-paul-and-…
Dr. Paul and Bipartisan Senators Call for Reform to Surveillance of
Americans’ Letters and Packages...

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Today, U.S. Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) and U.S.
Senator Ron Wyden (D-OR) led a group of six bipartisan senators in
calling for stronger protections for the privacy of Americans’...
paul.senate.gov
13
21
1
117
Senator Rand Paul @SenRandPaul
May 17
Happy #WasteReportWednesday! The US Census Bureau spent a whopping
$2.5 million on a Super Bowl ad lasting a grand total of thirty
seconds. That’s $83,333 per second! That must a record for how quickly
Uncle Sam can waste taxpayers’ money. Read more:
paul.senate.gov/wastereport
17
63
5
214
Senator Rand Paul @SenRandPaul
May 16
🎧 Listen now 🎧 Today I joined @ClayandBuck to talk about how the
government uses AI to violate Americans' privacy and civil liberties.
Full episode: clayandbuck.com/senator-rand…
8
20
1
58
1,162
Senator Rand Paul retweeted
James Czerniawski @JamesCz19
May 16
While Senate Judiciary was looking at commercial AI, HSGAC was looking
at the cost of government use of AI. Senator @SenRandPaul had some
good remarks covering how government has and continues to use AI to
violate Americans privacy and civil liberties.
rumble.com/v2o3wzq-dr.-rand-…
Dr. Rand Paul HSGAC Hearing Opening Remarks - May 16, 2023
rumble.com
11
19
59
Show this thread
Senator Rand Paul retweeted
HSGAC GOP @HSGAC_GOP
May 16
During today's #HSGAC hearing on #AI, Ranking Member @SenRandPaul
issued a warning on the dangers of government utilizing AI technology
to impede and curtail freedom of expression. Read more below ⬇️
hsgac.senate.gov/?post_type=…
Dr. Paul Warns of Threat to Freedom of Thought and Expression Posed by
Artificial Intelligence...

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Today, U.S. Senator Rand Paul (R-KY), Ranking
Member of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
Committee, warned of the threat to freedom of thought and
expression...
hsgac.senate.gov
10
136
3
338
Senator Rand Paul @SenRandPaul
May 16
We must get back to discussing the Bill of Rights in the context of
artificial intelligence. It isn't so much that we should fear the
technology. We should fear the technology in the hands of people who
would abuse our liberty.
30
94
6
384
3,313
Senator Rand Paul @SenRandPaul
May 16
We must get to the bottom of how the federal government uses AI to
violate the privacy and civil liberties of the American people before
it’s too late. Watch the @HSGAC_GOP AI in Government hearing live:
hsgac.senate.gov/hearings/ar…
27
100