[tor-relays] PSA: Tor 0.4.5 reaches end of life (EOL) on 2023-02-15

Thu May 18 04:55:51 PDT 2023

On 5/18/23, grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/23/23, Georg Koppen <gk at torproject.org> wrote:
>> the 0.4.5 series is going EOL
>
> There are multiple good reasons NOT to do this arbitrary thing.
>
> Is the Tor Project Incorporated (TPI) ever going to unbrick all its
> comms channels so that users and everyone else can freely
> see and talk about such tor things and more, or will TPI continue
> to mass censor tor threads, including this one, off all its fora.
>
> "Tor Stinks  -- NSA, vulns known since before 2012"
>
> Fuck your cowardly censorship.
> And stop putting tor users at risk.

it's really heartening to see this pot to the tor lists

[i wanted to relate that it looks to me like it is a private
collection of spy groups sustaining a good chunk of the censorship i
encounter, rather than the censored group channels in particular.
these private-appearing groups appear to have people working inside
and influence over the public groups.

i think people used to resist such things by for example suggesting
communication channels move onto more cryptographical sound media]