Spy vs Spy: US CIA To Russians - Leak To Us Via TOR Onion

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Tue May 16 23:48:47 PDT 2023

CIA Releases Video Urging Russians To Spy On Their Own Country

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/5/16/cia-urges-russians-to-get-in-touch-moscow-puts-spies-on-alert

In an unusual attempt at public outreach 'spy-style', the world's most
powerful intelligence organization is openly encouraging Russians to
spy on their own country.

The CIA released a nearly 2-minute video Monday on its official
YouTube, Twitter, and Telegram channels. The Russian-language,
professionally produced video urges individual Russians to provide
intelligence on their country in the midst of the Ukraine war. Watch:

The video has a 'patriotic' orientation, assuring Russians they can do
something to improve their country and its situation by handing over
intelligence to the CIA.

"The CIA wants to know the truth about Russia, and we are looking for
reliable people who can tell us that truth," the agency said in the
video, according to a translation. "Your information may be more
valuable than you know."

The text on the screen of the clip further tells Russians to "Contact
us. Perhaps the people around you don’t want to hear the truth. We
want to."

Some of the narration includes the following messaging, according to a

    In the video – published on the CIA’s official YouTube channel and
the Telegram messaging app, popular in Russia – a male voice reflects
on the meaning of heroism and endurance as lone individuals are seen
weighing their decisions: a man trudging through snow, a woman staring
through a window.

    “We are easily swayed by lies. But we do know what our reality is.
The reality we live in. And the reality we talk about in whispers,”
the voice says.

    At the end, a man and a woman are shown in separate scenes with
their fingers hovering over mobile phone screens with a link saying
“Contact CIA”.

    “This is my Russia. This will always be my Russia. I will endure.
My family will endure. We will live with dignity because of my
actions,” the narrator concludes.

The video at the end informs viewers how to submit information with a
Tor browser utilizing the dark web and suggests tools for encrypted
communications.

Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov in a daily briefing was asked about
the CIA's asset recruitment efforts. He responded, “I am convinced
that our special services are monitoring this space in the necessary
way.”

He added: “We all know perfectly well that the CIA and other Western
intelligence services are not reducing their activity on the territory
of our country.”