Cryptocurrency: What rate of theft from you is required for a productive economy?

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Mon May 15 22:11:33 PDT 2023

US Govt politician declares "We're govt, we will debase you!"

Globalist WEF type cunt politician caught on video,
"How can we trick them to spend, else we're going to just take their money!"
Canadian Govt Chrystia Freeland "We're going to RAID your savings accounts!"
https://v.redd.it/k0j9j36wpqza1

Parse these politicans words carefully,
THESE ARE NOT CONSPIRACY THEORIES,
these are actual pre-planned global and national criminal
conspiratory actions and conspiring actors performing criminal
acts of theft debasement taxation robbery and enslavement,
these SocComDemMarx Globo fucks are
out to impoverish and disempower you.
It's all in their videos.

Canadian government: What if we could raid your savings accounts?

[–]Cheap_Wolverine1176 186 points187 points188 points 1 day ago

All I hear is "buy btc and store it on a hardware wallet"

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Mostofyouareidiots 75 points76 points77 points 1 day ago

Whoa there comrade, that sounds like some kind of "preloaded
stimulus". You should give it to the government instead! I'm sure
there is some lazy fatass who needs it more than your hardware wallet.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Right_Willow 18 points19 points20 points 1 day ago

Woah, woah, woah… excuse me… “lazy fatass”? You mean the corporations
and industries that are going to claim 70% of the “preloaded stimulus”
whilst the “people” fight for the scraps?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Mostofyouareidiots 4 points5 points6 points 1 day ago

Yeah them too, same description :D

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]ohnowheredmypantsgo 3 points4 points5 points 1 day ago

Lol and then the government starts seizing and banning hardware
wallets. 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]fisherprice1234_1776 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago

My toddler flushed it...

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]ohnowheredmypantsgo 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago

“My son flushed those drugs too”

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Professional-You5800 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago

Why does this work?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[+]Responsible_Cod_1453 -13 points-12 points-11 points 1 day ago

Thought crypto is here to be used as new fiat not to lay in a hardware
wallet like those savings of fiat in people's accounts.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]KAX1107[S] 6 points7 points8 points 1 day ago

Bitcoin, yes

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[+]Responsible_Cod_1453 -7 points-6 points-5 points 1 day ago

Then again why put it in a hardware wallet and not use for what it was made for?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Right_Willow 8 points9 points10 points 1 day ago

Why put your money in a bank & let other people use it?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[+]Responsible_Cod_1453 -7 points-6 points-5 points 1 day ago

I see my Ballance in the bank the same not some stranger using it. If
you're planning to hoard it there is no difference if you hold fiat or
BTC in the end.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Correct-Log5525 7 points8 points9 points 1 day ago

You do not accurately understand your relationship with your bank..
you are a creditor

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Responsible_Cod_1453 -3 points-2 points-1 points 1 day ago

Guess you know better what I signed.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Correct-Log5525 5 points6 points7 points 1 day ago

If you opened a bank account in the US with a US bank then that is
your relationship... You are a creditor

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Responsible_Cod_1453 -1 points0 points1 point 1 day ago

Not everyone is from US.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Responsible_Cod_1453 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

You do know that not everyone is from US but I catch your drift.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

continue this thread

[–]ItsMeMulbear 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

Few businesses are willing to accept it thanks to the insane tax
treatment it recieves from this authoritarian government.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Myl0high 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

Yup

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]leplouf 58 points59 points60 points 1 day ago

Can't wait for CBDC money with expiration date.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]nigeypigey 20 points21 points22 points 1 day ago

This is a terrifying thought.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]MakeTotalDestr0i 5 points6 points7 points 1 day ago

it's called demurrage currency

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]teleprint-me 7 points8 points9 points 1 day ago

Saving others some time on the research front because I had to look this up:

```
Understanding Demurrage

In the context of currencies and commodities, demurrage refers to the
various costs of owning the currency or commodity in question. For
example, currency holders may need to pay account fees, whereas
holders of commodities such as gold and silver may need to pay
insurance and storage fees as well.

Economically speaking, higher demurrage costs will likely increase the
velocity of money by making it less attractive for investors to store
their wealth in these types of instruments. Conversely, high demurrage
should incentivize investors to place their wealth in yield-generating
assets such as dividend-paying stocks or fixed-income instruments.

Depending on your perspective, high demurrage may be positive or
negative for economic performance. For instance, some would argue that
demurrage costs are helpful because they encourage investors to deploy
their savings into the real economy rather than "hoarding" them in
inert assets. But others argue that, by storing wealth in assets such
as cash and gold, investors help the economy by contributing to its
base of quality collateral. After all, cash stored in bank accounts
can be used as the bank’s collateral base, allowing them to extend
more loans and thereby supporting the economy. Similarly, holders of
precious metals can borrow against those assets or sell them at a
later time to fund their investments. ```

Sauce: https://www.investopedia.com/terms/d/demurrage.asp

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]onicrom 3 points4 points5 points 1 day ago

A few years ago the government passed a law preventing gift cards from
expiring. I suspect the same law would prevent cdbc from expiring …
but agree, terrifying

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]greestaspdy 0 points1 point2 points 11 hours ago

In my opinion, the introduction of CBDCs will likely drive increased
adoption of crypto, especially in the privacy field, as individuals
will always seek to maintain control over their financial privacy.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]AnOrdinaryMammal 214 points215 points216 points 1 day ago

“Wait, you’re saving money that you earned? We’ve gotta find a way to
get a piece of that.”

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]PeterNakamotoredditor for 6 weeks 65 points66 points67 points 1 day ago

Yes because it wouldn’t have been taxed already 🤯🥹

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Mostofyouareidiots 51 points52 points53 points 1 day ago

Thieves always want more

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Effective-Action5706 27 points28 points29 points 1 day ago

Psychopaths want more

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]HarryBallzak62 17 points18 points19 points 1 day ago

Thieving psychopaths want the most.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]eat-lsd-not-babies 5 points6 points7 points 1 day ago

Thieving psychopath politicians are foaming at the mouth to have a
word with you about your extended savings

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]HarryBallzak62 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

I know nu—thing nu—thing!

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]skystarsss 11 points12 points13 points 1 day ago

Everything you do with money, we need to tax that!

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]j_stars 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

Central planners (gov) have blown the biggest debt bubble in history
then crashed the economy for a bug as dangerous as the flu for those
under 70 yrs old.

Now the central planners want to access savers accounts and work more
of their central planning magik.

And soon, central planners will impose central bank digital currency
allowing even more mismanagement.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[+]WheelieGoodTime -13 points-12 points-11 points 1 day ago*

You realise she means more incentivise spending rather than straight
up taking people's money... Right?

Edit: Would you be mad if there was a cashback scheme for people going
out to eat in restaurants? Or a tax break for people buying groceries
or workwear, etc? Or $250 off your energy bill every couple months?
That's what's up in Australia...

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]New_Painting5190 13 points14 points15 points 1 day ago

"Incentivised spending" is the new "you better spend that money you
honestly earned before we print 100x more to render it useless you
MoFo"!

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]R4T_4TT4CK 3 points4 points5 points 1 day ago

Title seems misleading.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Cleftex 3 points4 points5 points 1 day ago

Trudeau's father introduced capital gains tax in Canada. Wouldn't put
it past Jr. to increase it or even consider a capital levy. Freeland
and Trudeau are truly unhinged - they spend every waking day trying
their best to make this country harder to get ahead in.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]WheelieGoodTime 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

Uhh, capital gains hits the rich harder than the poor and
middle-class, ya bootlicker. Regardless, this is clickbait that
everyone seems happy to misinterpret.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]AndyZuggle 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago

The capital gains tax, like all taxes, is a tax on the middle class.
Rich people have tricks to avoid taxes, including the capital gains
tax.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Cleftex -1 points0 points1 point 1 day ago

Yeah obviously - she's talking about how to get more money out of
accounts owned by people who could afford to save a lot during the
pandemic?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]WheelieGoodTime -1 points0 points1 point 1 day ago

So would you be mad if there was a cashback scheme for people going
out to eat in restaurants? Or a tax break for people buying groceries?
Or $250 off your energy bill every couple months? That's what's up in
Australia...

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Cleftex 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago

Anything Australia does is probably an excellent example of what not
to do - their economy is in shambles

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]WheelieGoodTime -2 points-1 points0 points 1 day ago

You know you've made a good point when they ignore it in its entirety
and make a broad statement about the least relevant part

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–][deleted] 1 day ago

[deleted]

[–]theNeumannArchitect 5 points6 points7 points 1 day ago

It’s not really hysteria. It’s just concerning for your government to
say “we’re keeping tabs on how much money you have in savings. We know
how well off you are. We’d like to create policy to discourage you
from saving that money.”

10 to 20 years ago if a governing body said that people would of been
incredibly disturbed. Now it’s just expected that the government knows
everything about you.

On top of that, do your fucking job government. Me keeping cash in
savings isn’t what’s causing macro economic turbulence. And trying to
prevent people from saving that money isn’t a solution.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]DarthWeenus 3 points4 points5 points 1 day ago

Its the 'we'd rather people do this volunteerly' part I think that is
fucking with peoples head. Why would you say that if you're entire
purpose is to find ways for people to spend the money they are saving?
How bout make shit not so expensive relative to how much people make
so they have more disposable income. Instead people buy entertainment
things that just goes straight into big mega corps bank accounts. Its
just a fucked transfer of wealth and the state wants theres back. But
people arent traveling like they used to and spending it on local
things.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]nyc2pit 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

You are probably right, but her choice of words is awful.

I'm sure what's being implied is not what she's actually implying, but
it sure as hell sounds like it.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]facepalm5000 223 points224 points225 points 1 day ago

That's disgusting. The fact that she's soliciting ideas means she's
trying to make people feel entitled to other people's savings. She's
soliciting popular support in eroding property rights.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]bowlingfries 92 points93 points94 points 1 day ago

You will own nothing

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]darthnugget 52 points53 points54 points 1 day ago

And be happy.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]StrivingPlusThriving 37 points38 points39 points 1 day ago

Pre-loaded happy.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]nateatenate 16 points17 points18 points 1 day ago

Then post-loaded sad again.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]nateatenate 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago

Then post-loaded sad again.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]swelliam 0 points1 point2 points 10 hours ago

In Soviet Russia, your assets own you.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]catgut65 25 points26 points27 points 1 day ago

She's not soliciting ideas. She's SAYS she's soliciting ideas. She has
already decided what will be done and it is the idea that the public
will soon overwhelmingly suggest, anonymously.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]striata 11 points12 points13 points 1 day ago*

Yeah this is appalling. I was planning on spending money in society,
but now that I watched this and learned that the government wants to
incentivize spending, I feel like I've lost my agency and that I'm
only a puppet to the state.

Dinner? Not tonight. That vacation I was planning this summer? Bye
bye. Cinema tickets? Fuck no!

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Spirit_409 21 points22 points23 points 1 day ago

she has the idea they will take savings they just want some marxist
citizens to say it so they can deflect blame for eroding property
rights

i hope the people dump all their savings into bitcoin

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Sele81 7 points8 points9 points 1 day ago

They will find a way once again to make majority support this idea.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Born_Wave3443 6 points7 points8 points 1 day ago

Never underestimate peoples' ability to justify something to
themselves. Seriously. You can justify anything to yourself if you try
hard enough. This goes double if you are incentivized in some way, be
it by fear, self-doubt, or personal gain.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]facepalm5000 0 points1 point2 points 9 hours ago

You're so right on that. People will tell themselves whatever story
they need to hear to feel better about what they did or what they
think

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]hjec 8 points9 points10 points 1 day ago

Bitcoin ... just saying ...

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]MC_B_Lovin 3 points4 points5 points 1 day ago

She’s essentially saying “Eat the rich”

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]MakeTotalDestr0i 10 points11 points12 points 1 day ago

nah they will take the money and give it to corporations. just like
the stimulus that went 8:1 to corporate handouts.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]djstocks 3 points4 points5 points 1 day ago

Sweet summer child...

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]SaganFan19 -1 points0 points1 point 17 hours ago

Entitled to other people's savings? All I hear is that they're looking
for ways to incentivize Canadians to spend some more of their savings.
Where are people getting theft from this soundbite?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]cocoabeachbrews 87 points88 points89 points 1 day ago

“Pre-loaded Stimulus” - notice how they have a nice friendly name for
stealing your shit from you.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Mostofyouareidiots 25 points26 points27 points 1 day ago

Stimulus is a good thing, right? And look- it's already preloaded!

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]hakkai67 14 points15 points16 points 1 day ago

George Charlin is turning in his grave. He foresaw that shit over 20years ago.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Mostofyouareidiots 5 points6 points7 points 1 day ago

"I think people in America sold out very cheaply, for sneakers and
cheeseburgers. And I don't think it's fixable" George Carlin

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]InspectorG-007 3 points4 points5 points 1 day ago

Ala "removal with extreme prejudice"

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–][deleted] 1 day ago

[deleted]

[–]Ur_mothers_keeper 11 points12 points13 points 1 day ago*

Ok, let's take that then for a second.

She's talking about how to get people to blow their savings. What kind
of a healthy society wants people to blow their savings? And how do
you incentivize that? Shiny things? Make saving not worthwhile? Think
about what it means to make saving money less attractive than blowing
it. When these people talk about problems like "less than such and
such percentage of people couldn't afford an unexpected emergency
expense" and living paycheck to paycheck, theyre talking about a
potential existential threat to the social fabric. Then, in pretty
words, they come and dress it up as a good thing, "stimulate the
economy". Theyre setting incentives to cause these problems, problems
that have lead to the hollowing out of western society and culture.
How do you feel about consumerism and cheap plastic crap being churned
out by the fuckton? Do you not see the connection between these
policies and the state of our societies today?

Now, imagine these people aren't swayed. The government puts
commercials on CBC about how fun it is to drink mojitos on Toronto or
spend the summer in a sleepy village in Labrador, but alas, nobody is
biting. You think the government, the people that make the laws, are
just going to stop there? Throw their hands up and say "we tried"? Or
do you think they'll come up with more, shall we say, motivating ways
of getting these people to part with their money? When she said "if it
can happen by itself that's the best case scenario" what alternatives
do you think she has in mind?

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]lgieg 4 points5 points6 points 1 day ago

That’s exactly right she is saying the evil part out loud , it’s up to
us to “hear” it.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]watchingtheweasels 4 points5 points6 points 15 hours ago

Negative interest rates, CBDCs with expiring money or a cap on what
can be saved, CBDCs with a "bonus" if they are spent, some combination
of this. There are many different ways to herd sheep.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]hodlyourground 83 points84 points85 points 1 day ago

How about you get your grubby hands the fuck out of my pocket

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]MakeTotalDestr0i 23 points24 points25 points 1 day ago

those aren't grubby hands those are heavily moisturized hands ,
delicate and unsullied by a day of hard work

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[+]WheelieGoodTime -11 points-10 points-9 points 1 day ago

You realise she means more incentivise spending rather than straight
up taking people's money... Right?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]RonPaulWasR1ght 11 points12 points13 points 1 day ago

    You realise she means more incentivise spending rather than
straight up taking people's money... Right?

Regardless, the point is she is out to impose her vision and control,
on the citizens' money. That's tyranny, plain and simple. People
should control their money, NOT government officials and bureaucrats.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]WheelieGoodTime -1 points0 points1 point 1 day ago

It's clickbait and you've been baited...

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]danpaq 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago

Came here for this. Clickbait flare, bring in the dancing downvotes.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Bloated_Hamster -5 points-4 points-3 points 1 day ago

No, most people on this thread don't get that and have zero knowledge
of economics anyway.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]hodlyourground 5 points6 points7 points 1 day ago

Just because i don’t share your preference for a centrally-planned
economy doesn’t mean i have “zero knowledge of economics”

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]WheelieGoodTime -1 points0 points1 point 1 day ago

"preference"? Okay enjoy making things up in your hysteria

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Nematode_wrangler 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago

I was thinking the same thing. It seems that, since she's a
politician, her motives are sinister and self-motivated.

There probably is a large chunk of money that wasn't spent on
entertainment and travel during the pandemic. It's that money she
hopes to get people spending again because it's that money that flows
through the system more so than, say, the money invested in gold, or
real estate, or cryptocurrency.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]campanermkruger 32 points33 points34 points 1 day ago

Brazil did this in the early 90's. President at that time got impeached.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]idreamofjeanshortsredditor for 4 weeks 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

Only USD I believe, causing banks runs.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]cocoabeachbrews 53 points54 points55 points 1 day ago

Canadians are so fucked. US politicians want to do that, but
apparently Canadians are willing to say it out loud.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]BtcKing1111 5 points6 points7 points 1 day ago

Majority of Canadians love being slaves. Simple as that.

Trucker protest proved that Canadians love servitude.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Potential-Froyo8164 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago

That’s what happens when the citizens give up their guns.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[+]TheOT1001 -13 points-12 points-11 points 1 day ago

Name 1 time where americans have successfully overthrown a corrupt
government with guns

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]RedMossStudio 31 points32 points33 points 1 day ago

1776

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[+]TheOT1001 -16 points-15 points-14 points 1 day ago

Obviously after 1776

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]WSBPumpNDumps 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago

How about 1861-1865 then? Bye bye CSA 👋

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Correct-Log5525 6 points7 points8 points 1 day ago

Lol, we haven't had to because we have guns... That's the point

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]notifications-off -1 points0 points1 point 15 hours ago

Because our government is very pleasant and caters to citizens and
offers the highest quality of life and isn't corrupt...

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Correct-Log5525 1 point2 points3 points 14 hours ago

Hopefully this entire post was satire lol

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Freddybone32 1 point2 points3 points 17 hours ago

"ignore the time it happened and tell me a time it happened"

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[+]WheelieGoodTime -16 points-15 points-14 points 1 day ago

How is this even relevant? Sounds like they want to incentivise
spending, not straight up taking people's money... Money moving around
in the economy is better than it sitting stagnant, etc.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Rednartso 9 points10 points11 points 1 day ago

How many times you going to repeat this comment?

Okay. If you think this is supposed to incentivise spending, do you
really think it's a good idea? We inflate the dollar to "incentivise
spending" so nobody saves, anymore.

Why is saving bad? If I saved my money the old school way, working and
putting away 10%; do you not think I would buy a house? Right now I
can't afford one because the prices go up faster than I can earn. If
one day, my savings were worth more, I would buy a god damn house.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]thevoltron -2 points-1 points0 points 1 day ago

I'm not saying you're wrong to be potentially concerned, I have no
idea how they're going to implement this. I just think it might be a
bit early to raise the pitchforks.

I don't think she's saying that saving is bad for average people like
people that only own 1 or 0 houses. She specifically mentions they
want to incentivize spending on the "better off households" who are
likely just hording their wealth.

As for why it's bad for the rich to save (horde), trickle down
economics doesn't work if the money isn't trickling out of the 1%'s
pockets.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]MakeTotalDestr0i 3 points4 points5 points 1 day ago

she didn't say the 1% .

"better off" means anyone with savings except the 1%. the 1% write the
laws and will loophole their own wealth out of the pool they pull
from. normal person " why my bank account going down?" , 1%person
"glad my ownership stakes in my shell holding company don't count as
savings"

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]thevoltron 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

To me "better off" means "rich" but you're right that it's a pipe
dream to think that the 1% would actually 'suffer' at all from any of
this.

Still, I think that the person I was replying to's comment about the
government going to steal their money even though they can't afford a
house is a bit sensationalist. I still wouldn't consider them 'better
off' if they can't afford a house but yeah, I'm just speculating

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]WheelieGoodTime 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

Bruh, it's the people with multiple houses and fat stacks they're
talking about. You and me who can't get to a down payment wouldn't
even be in their sights. Why would they bother with us?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[+][deleted] 1 day ago

[deleted]

[–]IIIIIIllllllll0redditor for 6 weeks 7 points8 points9 points 1 day ago

She asked for help with "ideas to get the preloaded stimulus". Its
cryptic at best, at worst its like how can we force these people to
give us their money. It might mean how to incentivize them to spend
their money, but i have to agree with her, i need ideas of what that
incentive system would look like, cause none of whats popping in my
head seem particularly good. Maybe a 10 day period of no taxes to
motivate people to spend before turning taxes back on? then the money
"circulates" ? idk. Then again other people probably have been
thinking about this more than me and have other ideas

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]boycottInstagram 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

It is a direct request for ideas regarding driving economic stimulus
by encouraging high earners with excess savings to spend more i the
economy.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]FirstFlight 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago

Because they’re already forcing out all exchanges that are unwilling
to steal from user accounts. Binance is pulling out of Canada, most of
the other exchanges that are staying have limited capacity but declare
all your trades to the CRA. A big part of “Canadians are fucked” is
that they froze accounts of any citizens involved in the protests last
year.

So you tell me, if the government can freeze your crypto whenever they
want, how exactly are we not fucked? Surely CSEC won’t just fuck you
over and get access to your wallet.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]onicrom 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago

Isn’t Binance pulling out because they don’t want to comply with some
of the customer protection legislation the government requires?
Specially around segregating customers funds iirc.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]FirstFlight 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago

And user registration with their SIN. They have a bunch of
“protections” that aren’t actually trying to protect users but
guarantee they can control peoples money. It became a push after the
Ottawa protests where they realized they couldn’t easily freeze
cryptocurrency from protestors.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–][deleted] 1 day ago

[deleted]

[–]FirstFlight 4 points5 points6 points 1 day ago

Protesting is a legal right, even if you disagree with their message.
People shut down the US for weeks and I didn’t see left leaning
supporters saying it was “criminally shutting down the country”.
Rights aren’t just for the people you agree with.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–][deleted] 1 day ago

[deleted]

[–]FirstFlight 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago

I guess you’re not much a Bitcoin supporter if you think it’s
acceptable for the government to freeze your money without cause. Just
because you don’t agree with them. Kinda defeats the purpose.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–][deleted] 1 day ago

[deleted]

[–]FirstFlight 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago

The BLM protests? Or did you just forget about that summer

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–][deleted] 1 day ago

[deleted]

continue this thread

[–]Vancouwer -3 points-2 points-1 points 1 day ago

Are you brain dead or can't understand what she means? It's not
literal. She is asking ideas on how Canadians want to spend excess
cash. This sub is brain dead most of the time.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]idreamofjeanshortsredditor for 4 weeks 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago

"It would be nice if they did it themselves" seems kind of nefariously
worded. But I largely agree there is a lot of context taken here.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Vancouwer 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

Canadians do it them selves but the problem is they do it in other
counties because our domestic tourism is kind of lame.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]bootmeng 20 points21 points22 points 1 day ago

What's a preloaded stimulus?

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]avl0 27 points28 points29 points 1 day ago

The money in your bank account

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]bootmeng 15 points16 points17 points 1 day ago

I don't get it. That's not a stimulus. That's the money I made working
my job. It was already taxed. What??

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]entilfeldigfyr69 22 points23 points24 points 1 day ago

They mean it's pre-loaded in that it's money already printed and sitting idle.

By stimulus they mean you should spend your money to keep the economy
going, not sit on it.

That's why she said she knows people in upper middle class are sitting
on a lot of this "pre-loaded Stimulus" and is asking for ideas to get
this money flowing again.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]IIIIIIllllllll0redditor for 6 weeks 8 points9 points10 points 1 day ago

I hate the way the system of cash trolls my life. Her house, for
example, im sure she wouldnt consider to be preloaded stimulus. But
me, renting my place, with some bitcoin saved up? thats preloaded
stimulus in her eyes, im sure. Thats the annoying part. Im guessing
she doenst have much "preloaded stimulus" probably just owns
conventional assets. Everyone else who doesnt own conventional
assets.. thats.. preloaded stimulus. stimulus for what? conventional
assets. If the value of conventional assets isnt going up, we need
more stimulus. Im about to have an aneurysm in case you couldnt tell

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]lib3rty47 2 points3 points4 points 17 hours ago

Rules for thee not for me

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]NukeouT 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

That's called property taxing the rich 🤑

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]_Mitchee_ 18 points19 points20 points 1 day ago

I honestly think from watching this she means how can we get these
people with savings to spend that money in industries listed at the
end. That would stimulate the economy without introducing new money,
hence preloaded.

I’m totally open to be wrong here though, but that’s what I got from
that little clip. How can we get people with savings to spend to
stimulate the economy.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]thefalsehoohah 5 points6 points7 points 1 day ago

You're right, post title is misleading. She is trying to encourage
people to spend their savings, not insinuating that they are going to
take money from their accounts.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]nyc2pit 3 points4 points5 points 1 day ago

I think the point is that the government has no fucking business
telling you how to spend or not spend the money you earn. The whole
comment she makes is just in poor taste and poorly worded.

The government already incentivizes spending via inflation.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]exmlpcicgzojreijzu 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago

Wild that I had to scroll down this far. Did no one watch the one
minute video!? wtf is the title…

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]IIIIIIllllllll0redditor for 6 weeks 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

But it does have an echo of paying people with money which has an
expiration date (after which the money disappears, so you're motivated
to spend within a certain time frame), which is what the CBDCs are
advertised as being able to do. You could see how her mind could
easily reach that place where to her that makes sense. Which- while
different from stealing money from your account, certainly feels like
an extreme overreach.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]_Mitchee_ 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

I’m not too sure about that. People with money forced to liquidate
holds of cash would lead to a huge run on safer assets such as blue
chip equities, commodities and real estate. Not sure that would help
the government position.

CBCD’s will start as a positive to society, limiting people who
receive welfare what they can spend their money on. No way they come
out the gate making money you have earned from a job have an expire
date.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]IIIIIIllllllll0redditor for 6 weeks 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

Can you give an example of a way the government could motivate you to
spend your 'preloaded stimulus' that youd find to be unproblematic,
unoffensive, and effective?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]_Mitchee_ 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

Governments do it all the time, subsidies/tax breaks to individuals
or/and industries to get you to upgrade utilities eg solar,
insulation. That’s a no brainer, it’s not offensive and may even
benefit the individual. It’s transactional.

They are definitely not asking ways to make it ok to take money from
individuals or new creative taxes. It’s not how it works at all. They
are looking for carrot ideas.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]IIIIIIllllllll0redditor for 6 weeks 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

Can you give a more specific example

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

continue this thread

[–]Supercc 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

Absolutely. Good use of the rational brain. I'm sure 90% of the
commenters have not even watched the video before commenting. Sad.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]ByteTraveler 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

Exactly

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]benhammy 0 points1 point2 points 13 hours ago

The implication was that if you took stimulus checks and saved them
because you were already wealthy or were not in dire straits in 2020,
instead of spending the money right away, then you’ve been hoarding
money the government intended to be used on the economy. So from her
perspective, that money isn’t really yours, it’s pre-loaded stimulus
that you haven’t activated yet. So if you’re not going to spend it,
maybe we should be able to take it back.

The ramifications are insidious. Because once that door is opened,
there’s no end to the reasons why the government would feel entitled
to deciding for me what I should do with my money. That’s my biggest
concern for CBDCs and UBI: the strings attached will be insane. And
there are people who will gladly take the handouts in exchange for a
loss of autonomy.

[...]

[–]Ah_Nhiredditor for 1 week -3 points-2 points-1 points 1 day ago

Stimulus funded by stealing private citizens savings.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]transfire 17 points18 points19 points 1 day ago

Who comes up with this jargon.., “preloaded stimulus”. I have no idea
what that means so I’m sure it’s code for something they’d rather not
say.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]FreshSchmoooooock 9 points10 points11 points 1 day ago

lol https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Pre-loaded%20Stimulus

​

"New term/phrase from the left/woke which simply means “your cash savings”."

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]thomas_da_trainn 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

What does woke mean?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]teleprint-me 4 points5 points6 points 1 day ago

It used to mean "awakening" as in being more aware. Now it just means
nothing because it's been politically hijacked. I'm sure I'll be
downvoted for this, but it's just a slur in the minds of those doing
the ad hominem attacks.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Spaced_X 4 points5 points6 points 1 day ago

The same people who came up with “No Child Left Behind” policy. It’s
all just 1984 Newspeak. Whatever they say it’s going to do, it’s
always the exact opposite. “No Child Out in Front” is more like it.
Thus the huge push of getting rid of the Gifted program, AP, Pre Calc
etc. The kids who take those have an unfair head start / advantage
supposedly. So instead of helping those at the bottom, we’ll just make
sure no one succeeds.

Unfortunately, I foresee a future where only corporations are allowed
banking, there is no paper currency that exists to hide in a mattress,
but instead we are issued a digital currency, that comes with
expiration dates. Meaning we are required to spend it or lose it. Like
corporations do with our vacation and ppto hours already.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]1111Rudy1111 12 points13 points14 points 1 day ago

She’s a WEF puppet here in Canada

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Peckingclaw 17 points18 points19 points 1 day ago

Sad and open display of totalitarianism thinking the Canadian Liberal
party has become.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Right_Willow 6 points7 points8 points 1 day ago

It’s always been this way.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Mkg60 40 points41 points42 points 1 day ago

Remember- Canadian banks have begun freezing the accounts of people
linked to the trucker protests in Canada and the federal government is
promising to take more accounts offline in coming days in an attempt
to clear demonstrators from Ottawa, which has been occupied for nearly
a month. This was Feb 2022.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Girafferage 13 points14 points15 points 1 day ago

It's not your savings, it's the economy's pre-loaded stimulus.

I'm so sorry, Canada. At least you won't be alone in the atrocities of
the government.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]LucasNoritomi 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago

That is in no way comforting

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]MakeTotalDestr0i 13 points14 points15 points 1 day ago

calling people's savings "preloaded stimulus" is a new all time high
achievement for Orwellian newspeak

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]sopagam 24 points25 points26 points 1 day ago

How about tax cuts? That’s an excellent way to stimulate the economy.
Why wouldn’t every Canadian suggest that? Lower taxes on jet fuel and
gasoline to stimulate travel. Lower hotel and “occupancy” taxes. Just
because they don’t expect that answer doesn’t mean they shouldn’t have
to hear it!

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]BikerCooper 5 points6 points7 points 1 day ago

Right!!?…I just got back from Calgary and it’s BOOMING. People are
happy. People are out. People have brand new trucks and cars,new
homes. And the majority of people I spoke with had the same “I’m so
glad I got out of Ontario” story.

Alberta has a 5% sales tax and it shows

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]dj_destroyer 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago

Technically, Alberta has no sales tax. The 5% is federal which all
people pay no matter where you are. Most provinces add provincial tax
(8% in Ontario) but Alberta doesn't, and it shows.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Mark_Logan 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago

The average Albertan carry’s a non-mortgage debt of 18% more than the
average Canadian.

Albertans are known for boom and bust economics where people spend
lavishly when the economy is good.

You see this on used buy-sell sites. As soon as oil price starts
trending down, that’s when you see a glut of RVs, jetski, boats etc.

If you were there a couple weeks ago, people were out in force because
it’s finally warm. This is the euphoric period between freezing our
asses and having those same asses sucked dry by mosquitos.

True, we do not have a provincial sales tax. However our hospitals are
overloaded, our EMTs are burned out and constantly in code red. Our
infrastructure only seems to get attention in the months leading up to
an election etc etc.

Don’t get me wrong, Alberta is a great place to live. Affordability
and quality of life is very high. I just don’t want you getting the
idea that it’s all sunshine and wild-roses here. (That’s the
provincial flower.)

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]BikerCooper 4 points5 points6 points 1 day ago

According to government and the news EVERY hospital and EVERY EMT are
short staffed,under funded over worked and burned out.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Mark_Logan 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

This is true. But I feel as though, being the richest (per capita)
province in the federation we should be able to achieve better
results. 🤷🏼‍♂️

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]CuriousTravlr 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

Cries in Quebec 17% tax rate.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Hatrick-Swayze 5 points6 points7 points 1 day ago

In true Canadian fashion, at least they ask nicely and politely first.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]FreshSchmoooooock 5 points6 points7 points 1 day ago

Did she just ask the people to do her job?

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Crazy_names 3 points4 points5 points 1 day ago

First off, we know Chrystia Freeland is all about government
overreach. I'm not going to try to defend anything she says. But I'm
going to try to steel man this, without anymore context, which
admittedly may be a mistake. But let's see how it goes.

She seems to be talking about trying to find ways to get Canadians who
are fortunate enough to have some savings to spend that savings. She
mentions tourism and hospitality not government seizure. She is
looking at all those bank accounts, licking her lips, and trying to
get that money back into the economy. Here us an idea for Mme.
Freeland: sell bonds. That's how government makes money off of
citizens with excess cash. You fo it honestly and in good faith of a
return on investment.

But the figurative "chop licking" as she thinks about other people's
money is pretty unnerving.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]all-bidness33 1 point2 points3 points 15 hours ago

There's the misconception that funds in a savings account are sitting
there separate from the greater economy. But all banks operate within
the scheme of "fractional reserves". Regardless of what your passbook
shows, those funds have long been lent out and are active in the
economy. If the government forces savers to spend, it is in effect
forcing the banks to sell those loans (at a loss?) in order to meet
the depositer's demands for funds. This is so elementary and obvious
that other trickery is at play here. The government mismanages the
economy through deficit spending, taxation to create incentives,
manipulating interest rates to misprice the cost of money, etc. Then
has to intervene to correct the effects of its mismanagement from the
prior period. But always the burden us on the middle and working
class.

I look forward to de-dollarization, which will wreck the Euro zone as
well as the economies f the Anglo-sphere. That is the Great Reset I
hope for, that the current elites are delegitimzed, deposed, and
swinging from lamp posts.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]ItsMeAvS 5 points6 points7 points 1 day ago

Fuck Christia Freeland. The shit that comes out of her mouth is
straight evil right on its face, and she says it all with a perfectly
straight face like she actually believes what she's saying is good and
sensible. Like locking people out of their own bank accounts. I just
can't fathom how people fail to see her as the literal henchman she
is.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]loskubster 11 points12 points13 points 1 day ago

In other words, “you have a lot of money, how can we take it from you?”

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]waldoagave 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago

Wow Bitcoin came at the right time. What a glorious opportunity we all
have. Be thankful we have the wisdom to notice what's wrong and
participate in what's right. Not many people have such wisdom.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]BenadrylTumblercatch 3 points4 points5 points 1 day ago

Pre loaded stimulus is the stinkiest quote I’ve heard all day

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]hypocalypse 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago

I got my mom a preloaded Mothers’s Day gift. She is free to look about
her house, select an item, and enjoy it as if were just received from
her loving son.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]raxnahali 4 points5 points6 points 1 day ago

This is what CBDC will allow every government to do.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]nyc2pit 3 points4 points5 points 1 day ago

What are the absolute fuck is she talking about? It sure as hell
sounds like she wants to get into your savings account.

I mean they've already got into our savings account via inflation.....

Government doesn't solve the problem, it is the problem.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Elly0xCryptoredditor for 2 weeks 3 points4 points5 points 1 day ago

You will own nothing and you will be happy. :(

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]BtcKing1111 3 points4 points5 points 1 day ago*

I have an idea.

How about make housing affordable so families don't need to save every
single penny for 40 years to have a place to live in Canada?

Then maybe they'll be able to spend money on things other than
housing, like trips, clothes, furniture, services.

Literally, when I lived in Canada, I earned over $100k and couldn't
afford to do anything because all my money went to rent and saving for
mortgage.

Houses cost minimum $1M if you want more than 1 bedroom apartment, ie.
if you plan to have kids one day.

While you're paying $3K/mo for a 2 bedroom apartment within 1 hour
commute of work.

This is where capitalism collapses.

When money stops moving because the poor don't earn enough to spend
and keep the economy running.

Eh, anyway, fuck Canada.

I moved away 3 years ago and never looking back.

Canada will never change, don't hold your breath.

All of this is on purpose, they want people to be poor, then they
broadcast these condescending news pieces to humiliate and strip
people of dignity.

If there's ever an uprising in Canada, Freeland is going to be one of
the first to get hung for treason. Her day in court is coming. Locked
families out of their own bank accounts for supporting truckers. God
will still have the final say on her.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]moonRekt 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago

Based AF

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]slykethephoxenix 10 points11 points12 points 1 day ago

Is this deepfaked? I can't believe this is real.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]LyingPervert 3 points4 points5 points 1 day ago

Communism

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]slykethephoxenix 14 points15 points16 points 1 day ago

Me: My savings account

Government: OUR savings account.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]LyingPervert 13 points14 points15 points 1 day ago

Government money belongs to the government. It’s yours temporarily

Bitcoin exists on the block chain. But it’s yours forever

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]_Ad_Astra_Abyssosqueredditor for 4 weeks 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago

Communism is when capitalism. Hurr Durr.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Jezzes 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago

Just steal it by printing more

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]GenghisBanned 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago

Not enough. They needs their dirty hands directly in your bank account.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]MC_B_Lovin 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago

What we want is more money

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]liquefire81 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago

Its called taxation…. And before you whine about how the rich already
are… they are not.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-nearly-900-canadians-found-in-panama-papers-but-no-charges-have-yet-2/

Tax avoidance, paying your fair share, via accountants is the name of
the game… and bitcoin solves this as you cannot send any bitcoin
without paying for it.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]alllballs 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago

Grabbers gotta grab

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]bloodpriestt 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago

lololol this is fucking wild

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Keekers128 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago

So......saving is bad? Good credit scores are being penalized. What in
the world is going on here??? 🤔

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Unlucky-Evidence-372 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago

Wtf! Lol

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Timbhead 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago

Canada is a dystopian hellscape.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]4thaccountin5years 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago

If I were trying to be positive I’d say she’s just trying to get
people to be confident in the economy so they start spending. If no
one spends, the economy will fall apart. But…. This is Canada and I
don’t trust my counties leaders at all.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Character-Dot-4078 13 points14 points15 points 1 day ago

Fuck Canada.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]LucasNoritomi 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago

It’s not the country, it’s the country’s government.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[+]Right_Willow -6 points-5 points-4 points 1 day ago

USA ON TOP 🦅

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]LucasNoritomi 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago

You really think the government of the United States isn’t thinking
about doing this same thing?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Right_Willow 0 points1 point2 points 17 hours ago

Yeah, but we’re the USA 🇺🇸 🦅🤠

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]oneletterman 7 points8 points9 points 1 day ago

Why would anybody live in Canada? How the fuck they elected Trudeau is
behind me. I guess they’re all just really nice and nice people never
really understand how evil other people are. At least in the US we
know our govt is evil and won’t have any moral conflicts when the
guillotines roll.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]harleybqrazy 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

Free healthcare.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]oneletterman 3 points4 points5 points 1 day ago

we have free healthcare to in the US…it’s called “get a job that gives
you healthcare” 😂

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]harleybqrazy -1 points0 points1 point 1 day ago

Okay.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]HankReardonAG 5 points6 points7 points 1 day ago

Get out of that Chinese wannabe country asap

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]LucasNoritomi 4 points5 points6 points 1 day ago

If the solution is always to run, at some point there will be nowhere
left to run.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Unescorted_Settler 14 points15 points16 points 1 day ago

I think this is a little out of context. She's saying she wants people
to spend their money, not that the government will take it.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]SunnyDayShadowboxer 11 points12 points13 points 1 day ago

"If people have ideas on how the government can act to unlock that
preloaded stimulus, I am very very interested... maybe... it happens
by itself, that's the best case scenario..."

Idk, sounds a lot like the government slowly testing the waters for
wealth redistribution of some form.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]quietlydesperate90 14 points15 points16 points 1 day ago

Shes talking about ways to encourage people to spend their savings. It
isn't as horrible as you or everyone else makes it out to be, but I
still think it's horrendous that saving is basically discouraged
because we need to spend spend spend to keep the economy going.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]SunnyDayShadowboxer -2 points-1 points0 points 1 day ago

Im not completely disagreeing, but if she wanted to say that, there
are certainly clearer ways of putting it. At the end of the day, you
can tax, inflate, or you can be... "more creative" [insert
euphemisms/jargon for redistribution]. If you can't incentivize,
you'll have to take, there's not much of an in-between.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Humble_Path7234 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

We are a dept based economy, that is why we are called consumers. We
stop purchasing and the whole house of cards fall. Look up Mike
Maloney hidden secrets of money to see the true scam we are living in.
Slowly then quickly swirling down the toilet. Fact

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Humble_Path7234 -1 points0 points1 point 1 day ago

You nailed it with that quote. Words matter as Trudope would say

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]hangfromthisone 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago

Because VAT is a thing and is the most successful way for the
government to apply tax without people feeling it. The first winner of
inflation is government from VAT recollection

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]MakeTotalDestr0i 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago

people definitely feel VAT. everything gets x% more expensive
immediately with nothing to show for it. especially the poor who have
to spend 100% of their income unlike the rich who can dodge VAT for a
huge portion of their income and wealth

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]hangfromthisone 1 point2 points3 points 17 hours ago

I meant it does not feel like a tax.

People just say "hey things are so expensive" instead of "hey the
government is really fucking us raw"

Then the government blames corporations while they max the bills
printing machine speed and create inflation for everyone

Source: my country's addiction to inflation and populism

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Rednartso 0 points1 point2 points 13 hours ago

It still fits the drug addiction analogy. "If we don't inject
herioin(stimulus), the patient will die. If we do, the patient is
still addicted and now functions less than before".

It may not "feel" like a tax, but it sure does feel like it sucks.
Plus, if they get to create money without working, why don't I?
Because I don't suck up to rich people? Why is it their protected
right?

The whole thing is fucked.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]hangfromthisone 0 points1 point2 points 12 hours ago

Actually that's a terror tactic.

Country won't die, it will suck some months but it will get better.

But populist leaders use terror tactics all the time, cause it works

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]tacojoe007 -1 points0 points1 point 1 day ago

The missing context is that the reason that people have extra savings
from "not doing anything during the pandemic" is because the
government said you can't do anything during the pandemic.

Yes she is saying she ideally wants people to spend that money (to
generate more tax revenue), but that they are otherwise going to find
a way to take it.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Fabs_- 3 points4 points5 points 1 day ago

"Hey, so...we kinda need some money and we've seen that you've been
saving all that hard earned money of your's, and... yeah we thought
maybe you can give us that money so we can pay our bills haha, you
know, we're all in this together after all, pall, what'cha think ?"

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Sele81 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago

Hello WEF

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Spirit_409 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago

she asks for ideas lmfao they don’t need ideas they have the idea
they’re going to requisition savings of the wealthy they just want
other people to say it hopefully marxist fanatics so they can say the
people told us to do it

goddamn bitcoin has never been more important

i hope canadians with savings jump the life raft now before it becomes harder

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]MossBalthazar 4 points5 points6 points 1 day ago

that is DISGUSTING

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Il-Eggman-lI 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago

‘Statistics report huge increase in boating accidents’ is probably the
next headline

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Humble_Path7234 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

😂

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]NorthernH3misphere 3 points4 points5 points 1 day ago

Not exactly saying “we will raid your bank accounts” but these people
find creative ways to essentially do just that. So this is a
misleading title but it’s probably true in the end.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]redplanetlover 3 points4 points5 points 1 day ago

That’s some scary shut right there. We need to turf these Liberal demagogues

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]dj_destroyer 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago

Is the Finance Minister of Canada really asking people for ideas?

This is what happens when you promote equality before competency.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]usanextdoor 4 points5 points6 points 1 day ago

they always smile in ur face and stab in back

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]BikerCooper 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago

A new pair of shoes 👠 already??!

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]UnrealizedLosses 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago

…boating accident…

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]VRrob 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago

Turns out their are number of people hoarding large amount of cash
that could stimulate and fix the global economy. Aka, why Bitcoin was
invented

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]tjackson_12 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago

I think we can all agree that when money is saved it doesn’t help the
economy to grow… but I fail to see how that is any individual’s
responsibility. Our responsibility has to always be so what is best
with our money because of what it allows us to do. If they incentivize
us to spend our money, that is one thing, but forcing people to be
irresponsible and spend is ludicrous.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Moooooooola 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago

Do people who snort cocaine sound like her?

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Dziabadu 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago

Buy Bitcoin people!

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Jyontaitaa 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago

Her surname is Freeland. . . Is this the Canadian version of Saturday
night live or something else?

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Aromatic_Love7482 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago

Let's take all her saving, what a stupid bimbo wef puppet

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]ThisIsMyCoffee 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago

So to summarize, 1. The government idea didn’t work as intended, 2.
Affluent people never needed the money (because they didn’t spend it).
So the government thinks the affluent are the problem, not their plan
and the economists they listened to (who failed). 🤦‍♂️

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]KriszV8 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago

“We threw too much money out the window, crack houses are worth a
million dollars and a stick of butter is $10 if anyone knows how to
unfuck us please help” Would have been a more direct way of phrasing
what she was trying to say. I’ve been living in Canada nearly 20 years
and it breaks my heart what a shit hole this country has become

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]mtk37 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago

Disgusting roach

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]ieatair 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago

Meanwhile in the USA…

News of Regional Bank Failures

Someone: “What do you mean my lifesavings are gone!!???”

Some Regional Bank: “What?”

Someone: “Give me my 120K back!”

Some Regional Bank: “… What money?”

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]BennyTroves 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago

That’s our finance minister. What a joke

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]spacenewt1redditor for 5 weeks 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago

Jesus christ

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]eggaholic69 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago

Thing is if you bring up what she just said verbatim to a canadian or
a nocoiner from any country they will just doubt it and move on. The
Canadian government just said plainly they want to access citizens'
savings accounts and distribute the funds.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]jaraxel_arabani 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago

Freeland and Trudeau has been one of the worst pox on the country
since Mulroney, who was a sell out to USA. Freeland a s Trudeau are
just there to fuck the country up for grins and complete government
control of Canadians.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Jungisnumberone 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago

It’s like they’re all just living in the moment and attacking anyone
who is future oriented.

Then when the future they stole from arrives they complain about how
bad it is and try to rob those who are responsible.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]705North 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago

So people the who save their money can pay for your frivolous spending
habits ….. “preloaded stimulus “…..(our money )

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]lil_bopeep 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago

Whoah. Sounds like they're fucked

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Rice-Fragrant 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago

These parasites don’t care about propriety rights… they didn’t work
for that money and they already are taxing productive people to death,
now they have to demonize people who put it away too?

A perfect example of prasitism.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Super_flywhiteguy 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago

That fact the whole country didn't just drop what they were doing and
go protest this is insane.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Ur_mothers_keeper 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago

"Preloaded stimulus" ahahahahaha all this shit is circlingt he drain.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]TopAlert2383 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago

Tyrant!

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]RichardGasket69redditor for 4 weeks 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago

High time preference witch

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Basic_Hair_9549redditor for 4 weeks 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago

WTF, so my savings for my old age medication and retirement is
"preloaded stimulus"?

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]shanconnolly 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago

What the actual fuck. I hate this woman.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]reddit_revsit 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago

wow, like how the F does she (and the Gov and Central bank) honestly
live with themselves...just spewing fancy words as to how they
basically wanna FORCE US TO SPEND MONEY and possibly even be in debt,
like wtf mate? OOOOHHHH so i FINALLY SAVED some money and now you want
me to go spend it all within Canada on a trip I don't want to take, or
shit i dont need/want to buy?

just listening to her form of speech you can tell she's lipstick on a
pig with it, such a joke! the terms she uses to butter us up are
downright an insult!!!!!!!!!!

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]YTsolicify 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago

Why haven’t people started riots over things like this

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Free_Range_1 3 points4 points5 points 1 day ago

What the actual fuck. And people look up to Canada why?

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]malteaserhead 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago

These clowns would make Marx look conservative

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Countrysedan 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago

WTF? How can she say this with a straight face? Is this satire or a skit??

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]edislucky 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago

This was scary.... When it was on air two years ago.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Agitated_Joke_9473 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago

so, do we take their savings also? as the saying goes, you first.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]PplOfRedditArePansys 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago

Send help this government is actually insane

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Dubdude13 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago

Vote socialist, get assfucked

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]PimpDawgATX 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago

Canadians can’t understand this, aye! That’s what it continues.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Remarkable_Potato_84redditor for 4 weeks 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago

This government is out soon. The next election, JT and that lady will
be gone-zo.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Zealousideal_Neck78 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago

They eventually will raid accounts.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]EkariKeimei 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

The first thing that needs money, is tourism???

For anyone not in government, it is not obvious why this is a good
idea. For those in government, they see tourism as higher tax rate,
and so more revenue stream. She literally wants private money to get
more taxes.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]JayTor15 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago

Jfc these people are beyond evil

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]gmax9000 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

If the money they're targeting is saved in a bank, they're going to
step on a lot of toes. It'll be interesting to watch the banks and the
government fight over what to do with "your" money.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]jackrackan07 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago

Leaf here. Anytime y’all want to invade my Banana Republic of a
country, I’m down.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]LETHAL-DANgER 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

There is no more horrible sound than that woman’s voice

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]zaminer 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

Communism has entered the chat

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Bloated_Hamster -3 points-2 points-1 points 1 day ago

Communism is when people spend money

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–][deleted] 1 day ago

[deleted]

[–]pupi-face 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago

People spending money or getting the economy going are not how you
curb inflation. You need to cool down the economy and encourage
austerity for that. Triggering a short-lived recession is the
objective a lot of the time, so the market cools down and prices lower
with it

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Sudden_Acanthaceae34 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

Y’all keep trying to steal money from people who have been saving what
they earn and all you’re going to stimulate is the household chemical
and PVC pipe industries. Maybe even the lumber and sharp blade
industries. Not suggesting or advocating anything, just making
assumptions based on historical events.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Moon_Cake_Factory 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

The gall of asking for ideas on how to do her job. And the
cluelessness exhibited by saying that she doesn't know why people are
hanging on to their savings when day by day, housing and food
substinence is becoming harder and harder to obtain.

Clearly has no idea what she's doing.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]dmicklock 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

Wow, just wow.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]MrRGnome 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

How did you get from "How can we encourage well off Canadians to spend
their money on tourism domestically" to "What if we could raid your
savings accounts"?

She's effectively asking those same Canadians what it would take for
them to spend their disposable income in these sectors. Tax breaks?

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]quiettimes 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

This is a misleading title. You do not help this cause when you
mislead to make your point. Reasonable people will watch this and
think, 'She never said anything about raiding bank accounts.' And then
they trust pro BTC articles etc that much less.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]tallsubby 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

I mean, she's not saying "raid accounts" she's asking "what can we do
to make you want to spend your money, and lots of it. What can we do
to give you the biggest bang for your buck?"

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Metaraon -1 points0 points1 point 1 day ago

All I hear is how do we get people to spend all their money. No one
wants to spend right now, people are hoarding their money and it's a
problem when people don't spend

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]dithyrambtastic -1 points0 points1 point 1 day ago

I didnt see this in one of the top comments, so I'll go ahead and say
it - she's not trying to say what you think.

When she says she's looking for ways to "unlock" stored up savings in
well-off households, she's not suggesting (though her choice of words
are poor) that the money gets "unlocked" through taxes that go to the
government but instead that the households should be encouraged to
spend those savings somehow. This is pretty basic macroeconomics - if
you don't spend that 1000 in your account, that money isn't
circulating out in the economy, changing hands for goods and services
and improving everyone's quality of life (and then getting taxed
through sales tax, I suppose). Check out principles like the marginal
propensity to consume. I mean, when she mentioned tourism, did you all
really think that she was talking about taxing people and sending them
on forced vacations or something lol? She's asking for ideas on how to
coax the average, upper-middle class household out of their shell so
they can feel motivated to spend more. Ironically, one idea is that
reducing sales tax could make discretionary purchases more attractive.
But I'm not an economist, IDK.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Dans564 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago

Not going to try to decrypt what she's saying. But reduced savings
definitely isn't good for an economy (in the long term)

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]dithyrambtastic 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

Sorry, I might not have been clear enough. Im not making this up from
an opinion of my own. Hoarding savings is not good for the economy and
is related to a principle called the marginal propensity to consume.
Its like a core vocab word from macroeconomics, but as a disclaimer I
went to school a long time ago 😅

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Dans564 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

The paradox of thrift is largely BS Keynesian rubbish. You were plenty clear.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]dithyrambtastic 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

Ooh! You must have seen this already, but if not the hayek vs. keynes
rap battle is something I think about all the time

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[+]AaronVanWirdum -6 points-5 points-4 points 1 day ago

That's not what she's suggesting mate.

(She wants people to spend the money, she's not saying anything about
the government just taking it.)

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]LyingPervert 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago

Many countries already have negative interest rates. Better off to
keep your money tucked away under your mattress

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]cocoabeachbrews 4 points5 points6 points 1 day ago

She said “it would be nice” if people would spend that money on their
own but that they want suggestions on how to tap all that money if
people won’t spend it willingly.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]snek-jazz[🍰] 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

no, she's looking for suggestions on how to encourage people to spend
it willingly

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]AaronVanWirdum 0 points1 point2 points 22 hours ago

Exactly.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[+]Monkeyinchief -6 points-5 points-4 points 1 day ago

That is exactly what she is suggesting. And she is not even suggesting
she is literally threatening to spend the money volunteering (with a
gun to your head) or they ramp up the people to force you in the open.
You are gaslightning people mate.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]snek-jazz[🍰] 3 points4 points5 points 1 day ago

she is not literally, or even figuratively, doing that

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Monkeyinchief 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago

Saying it is a preloaded stimulus is context wise an establishing of
entitlement of her over savings of private people. Private peoples
money is nobodies stimulus. Pitching the idea there is an entitlement
to that money she is establishing the frame for a certain segment of
the public ti create public pressure. But the public pressure is not
necessary if people spend the money voluntary aka being coerced by
public pressure. Either you are a moron or on purpose playing the
moron because of political bias.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]bowlingfries -3 points-2 points-1 points 1 day ago

Simply enough, get it from the billionaires

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]jxxam 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

Lots of billionaires in this thread down voting you :)

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Striking_Party1352 -1 points0 points1 point 1 day ago

This is over 2 years old.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Melodic_Duck1406 -1 points0 points1 point 1 day ago

This is basic economics.

Money in savings. Whether nits USD, Canadian dollars, pounds or
bitcoin is money not turning the cogs of the economy.

For that money to do good, it has to be spent.

She's not demanding the money, or suggesting they'll raid bank accounts.

She's asking for ideas on uow to create an incentive to invest and
spend, in order to get the economy going again.

I swear, sometimes this place reads like r/conspiracy

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]sanjake_312 -1 points0 points1 point 1 day ago

This video is from 2 years ago. https://youtu.be/HEc-mm9DftI

Not to say it's not alarming, but I guess nothing new?

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]prehensilly -3 points-2 points-1 points 1 day ago

Seems a pretty misleading title as I heard nothing resembling it in the clip.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]ar5onL 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

Yikes!

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]throwaway88888989 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

Who the hell is better off in this economy? The discretionary
industries like hospitality/travel/tourism are all struggling at the
moment because most people can't afford the increased costs of every
day basics because of inflation, as well as rising rents and mortgage
payments due to rising interest rates.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]uluvboobs 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

Isn't this what government bonds are for?

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]smoothguyy69 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

How about we take the money from politicians and the rich?

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Ok-Drink-1372 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

Outrageous! She’s talking about stealing people’s hard earned money.
Unbelievable!

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Zeke_Z 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

"None of us have a Krystal Ball".....

Kyle Kulinski has entered the chat.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]jxxam 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

This sounds old, contextually. Yea it sounds super weird at best and
fucked at worst, but what y’all are implying she wants to do didn’t
happen 🤷🏻‍♀️

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]mialomit 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

How old is this video?

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]johnnyringo1985 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

What I hear: we printed too much money and we want some back

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Oddball369 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

All I hear is a snort every time she inhales like some type of
gargoyle in disguise

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]l337person[🍰] 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

If she wants ideas on how to unlock savings accounts liquidity, just
look no further than Cyprus circa 2012.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]fresheneesz 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

Its unfortunately not intuitive that you can "put your money to work"
by investing it, but that the same is not really true for the entire
nation. When you invest your money rather than save it, you are
putting more dollars out there chasing the same goods and services in
the market. This is technically inflation, and so what you're doing is
direction the use of some small fraction of the nation's resources,
which takes away this agency from other investors and spenders in the
market.

A simplified example could make this clearer. If there is $100 million
being used (spent or invested) in the market in a given timeframe, it
means that any $1 million directs approximately 1% of the economic
activity and economic resources (capital, materials, human time) in
that timeframe (not counting economic activity initiated in and
continuing after previous timeframes). If another $100 million comes
into the market in a given timeframe, it does not mean that more
actual real resources (captial, materials, human time) are going to be
used. Instead, it means that $1 million will only buy 0.5% of the
economic activity rather than 1%. Doubling the money invested in the
market does NOT double the resources invested.

Now it may increase the resources used temporarily, but this will be
balanced by a corresponding decrease in resource usage at a later
time. In the long run, Chrystia's call for people to put their money
to work is bad for Canada and bad for those people. The best case
scenario is that it gives some short term benefit at the cost of a
greater longer-term detriment.

People need to understand that money is not the same thing as real resources.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]The-Francois8 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

“Unlock the stimulus” of peoples savings.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]SaggeeDot 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

All of them, regardless of country, all sound the same.

They know they’re lying through their teeth 🙄

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Wesley-Kenneth 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

I haven’t had more than 3 figures in my bank account since all the bs
with the convoy. You can agree or disagree with the people but
freezing accounts for protesting was nonsense.

As soon as I’m paid from my job it gets allocated elsewhere.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]PaulTheMartian 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

Yikes 😳

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]ByteTraveler 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

Initially thought this was a deepfake like wth

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Talisker_drAm 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

Marxists assemble…

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Blumkin4 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

Been empty for 30 years. Now if they raided my bed, that's a different story

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Henry2k 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

In mobster's voice "It would be a shame if anything bad were to happen
to the economy because of all that money you're hoarding in your
savings account"

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Choice-Ad7979 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

How about don't be so Communist-like?

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Far-Department-4196 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

I’m Canadian. And I don’t know what is going on here.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]idreamofjeanshortsredditor for 4 weeks 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

This was 2 years ago.

Though the public inquiry for the CBDC started a few days ago.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]John__Jacobs 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

She can get stuffed.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]WilfredBrian 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

Wow this is some crazy ass shit!!!!

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Redleg1-7redditor for 4 days 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

I would change that around to hey government, want the people to do
runs on the banks for their savings and cash out all their fiat from
government offered investments.

Bet that would put big bro in its place.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]joesmithcq493 0 points1 point2 points 23 hours ago

Pure evil

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]davidgooding 0 points1 point2 points 19 hours ago

Gun buy back then a savings account buy back. It would be best if you
voluntarily turned in all of your money.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]FishEmpty 0 points1 point2 points 19 hours ago

A little to much stimulus I guess, now we have record inflation.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]HibaraiMasashi 0 points1 point2 points 18 hours ago

THIS IS INSAAAAAANNNEEEEEEE

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]EitherInvestment 0 points1 point2 points 17 hours ago

Headline should read: Canadian Government concerned that people are
saving money and has no idea how to convince them to spend it all
instead.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]watchingtheweasels 0 points1 point2 points 15 hours ago

The real solution to a Canadian government that wishes you seize or
force you to spend your savings in its society is to move your savings
to a different society...before they institute capital controls and
ban you from doing so. The minute this empty suit suggested that the
government would freeze the accounts of protesting Canadian citizens
AND any who supported them was the moment everyone should have moved
all assets out of the Canadian banking system except for what little
was needed to transact on a day to day basis. That's basically the
situation with the Argentinian Peso - no right thinking person holds
value in that currency. They only exchange what they need on a just in
time basis and hold savings in BTC, Dollars, Euros, etc.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Maximum_Echidna8042 0 points1 point2 points 15 hours ago

She’s the devil

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Brilliant_Jello4075 0 points1 point2 points 7 hours ago

🤨

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]AfterRequirement5359 0 points1 point2 points 2 hours ago

Witches!

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]elendal 0 points1 point2 points 2 hours ago

Not banning hunting rifles would be a great start for hunting lodges
and outfitters that also heavily rely on tourists.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award