USA 2024 Elections Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sat May 13 13:27:50 PDT 2023

And it will only get worse...

"We Have Reached Our Limit": NYC Suspends Shelter Rules Ahead Of Title
42 Expiration

The Biden administration is expected to repeal Title 42, a policy from
the Trump era that makes it easier to reject migrants at the US-Mexico
border. This change, expected to take effect at midnight on Thursday,
could potentially lead to a massive influx of undocumented immigrants
flooding the US. Far away from the chaotic southern border is New York
City, which is experiencing its own migrant crisis.

On Wednesday, NYC Mayor Eric Adams signed an executive order that
eases shelter requirements for homeless families. The order suspends
city laws that regulate how, when, and where homeless families can be
sheltered. It comes just one day before Title 42 ends.

    "With over 130 emergency sites and eight humanitarian relief
centers already opened, we have reached our limit, and this last week
we had to resort to temporarily housing recent arrivals in gyms.

    "We will make every effort to get asylum seekers into shelter as
quickly as possible as we have done since day one," Fabien Levy, a
spokesman for the Democratic mayor, said in a statement.

Levy said the effort is to ensure asylum seekers find "shelter as
quickly as possible" as Democrat-run metro areas across the country
prepare for a surge in migrants in the coming days and weeks upon
Title 42 expiration.

Bloomberg said NYC is spending $8 million per day to house 40,000
asylum seekers. The spokesperson said more than 500 migrants per day
have been entering the city in the last week.
Source: Bloomberg

NYC's migrant crisis has been so severe that the mayor plans to ship
several hundred adult male migrants to hotels in Orange Lake and
Orangeburg, in upstate Rockland County. In recent months, migrants
from Texas and other border states have been bussed in, making Adams
and fellow Democrats furious.

Let's not forget Biden administration officials largely ignored the
border and began dismantling border security and immigration
enforcement in the first two years of office. It was only until
recently, after a flood of migrants could no longer be ignored,
overrunning Democrat cities, as well as the imminent expiration of
Title 42, and what could be an invasion of up to 150,000 migrants in
the coming days, have Biden officials sent reinforcements to border
states.

    TX: Happening now: @GovAbbott orders deployment of
#OperationLonestar @TXMilitary “Quick Reaction Force” made up of
military police to close the gap migrants are currently coming through
in Brownsville.

    They are part of the 545 soldiers deployed this week under #OLS —
They will… pic.twitter.com/15aIcrU8gT
    — Ali Bradley (@AliBradleyTV) May 10, 2023

    🚨 BREAKING: Texas National Guard in full riot gear have arrived
in Brownsville, TX near a major illegal crossing point.

    This seems to be part of @GregAbbott_TX’s plan to repel an influx
of illegal migrants in this area.
    pic.twitter.com/6h6MC3Mxt9
    — Nick Sortor (@nicksortor) May 10, 2023

A little too late, we might say, and wonder if the Biden
administration is intentionally sparking a border crisis.

    Are you sick and tired of the lies yet?

    This needs to be treated like the invasion it is. The MINORITY of
these migrants are families. The MAJORITY are military aged men.

    Credit: 'James Woods' pic.twitter.com/rqBnR2VmjJ
    — Lido Key Dude (@LidoDude) May 7, 2023

Ah yes...