FreeSpeech and Censorship: Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sat May 13 13:20:27 PDT 2023

The Extinction Event Hitting Corporate Media...

Authored by Mark Jeftovic via BombThrower.com,
MSM went “all-in” on a discredited COVID narrative.

Since the pandemic I’ve been saying that confidence in the mainstream,
corporate press has been irreparably damaged. After four years of
non-stop Trump Derangement Syndrome so intense that even some liberals
were wondering if the press had gone overboard on editorializing –
Covid hit, and a lot of normies now see the MSM for what it really is:
agitprop and brainwashing.

Cancel culture and censorship reached such absurd levels that we
started to see an exodus of high profile reporters (Matt Taibbi, Glenn
Greenwald, et al) exiting corporate news outlets and setting up on
their own, after they committed the sin of colouring outside the lines
of establishment precepts.

The MSM went all-in in Covid, but every core tenet of the Covid
narrative has since fallen apart:

    This thing came out of a lab

    Ecohealth and Fauci are up to their asses in it

    The lockdowns did more damage than anything else, and

    Everybody was forced to take a vaccine that not only doesn’t work
but also seems to be the common denominator in an excess fatality rate
that exceeds the pandemic itself.

Not good.

With the tempo being set by numerous media collapses, especially by
overtly “woke” ones: Buzzfeed’s bankruptcy, Vice circling the drain –
and television viewership plummeting, the stage was set for a few key
moments that will be remembered as defining the extinction level event
rolling through corporate media:
#1) The Rise of Dark Carlson

After Fox News fired Tucker Carlson, the number 1 pundit on television
with the highest viewership today, he didn’t go to a rival network
(Newsmax offered him $25 million), he decided to take his own show out
on Twitter.

    This is a defining moment in the extinction event hitting the
corporate media these days. https://t.co/jyly9WROKp
    — Mark Jeftovic, The ₿itcoin Capitalist (@StuntPope) May 9, 2023

Apparently, on his own, not part of any deal with Elon Musk, Carlson
is just letting it all hang out. In one of his first installments, he
called into question the 9/11 narrative (Why did Building 7 just fall
into its own footprint for no reason?). It prompted one observer to
coin the term “Dark Carlson” for what is transpiring via this channel.
#2) The Schism of RFK Jr. coverage

RFK Jr, having thrown his hat into the ring to challenge Joe Biden for
the Democratic nomination, immediately drew fire from the MSM, having
unilaterally decided that anything RFK says is automatically
“misinformation” (see the closing remarks on “rhetorical circularity”,
below).

RFK Jr, for his part, created an account on Nostr.

    Nothing epitomizes the Industrial
    Age vs Network Era like these two images - screen capped back to
back… pic.twitter.com/7q10zEST7z
    — Mark Jeftovic, The ₿itcoin Capitalist (@StuntPope) May 11, 2023

Nostr is a fast growing decentralized social media network, contrast
with Twitter – which is governed by the vagaries and whims of whomever
owns it – Nostr is decentralized at the server level to relays (which
anybody can run) at the the account level to individual users. This
protocol is spreading like wildfire and it’s beyond censorship.

The juxtoposition between a sclerotic,  industrial era, mediocre
network clutching their pearls over RFK’s “misinformation” and RFK
showing up on Nostr tells us a lot.

While this is not seen as much of a big deal yet, this is a signal
worth paying attention to.
#3) CNN’s disastrous town-hall with Trump

I didn’t watch it, and when you look at the reporting on it, both left
and right traditional outlets are declaring victory – but the reality
is that CNN pulled the plug on it 20 minutes earlier than scheduled
(ten key moments here).

Love him or hate him, Trump draws attention and viewers unlike any
other personality – and the fact that CNN drew the curtain early
signals one thing: it was a disaster for the network and probably
didn’t hurt Trump. After deftly manipulating a hostile media and
leveraging social media cunning to win the presidency in 2016, it
doesn’t look like the MSM has learned much.
When the media falls, so does the system it supports

When the Soviet Empire fell in 1989 – 1990, anybody predicting it even
months earlier would have been ridiculed. When it happened it took
everybody by surprise (even the CIA) and unfolded at astonishing speed
(Victor Sebestyen’s Revolution 1989: The Fall of the Soviet Empire
covers it brilliantly).

Things move even quicker today – where we are in the early innings of
what will possibly be the final financial crisis of the fiat money
system.

In another great book about Late Stage Communism,  “Everything Was
Forever, Until It Was No More“, Alexey Yurchak chronicles the
hyper-normality that saturated the zeitgeist during “the last Soviet
Generation”. The “Dead Irony” chapter outlines the ingenious forms of
unauthorized humour.

A contemporary parallel is when you come across a Twitter account that
exhibits such over-the-top support for All The Latest Things™ that you
can’t tell if its satire or not. That is a type of performative
dissidence called “Stiob” (unless it’s real).

(It’s parody)

Yurchak’s examination of “the hegemony over meta-discourse” and it’s
disintegration ring eerily familiar to those keeping score today. One
example is what he called “rhetorical circularity”: in our case it
means that anything the MSM refuses to cover is “misinformation”,
because there are no MSM citations to support it.

As I frequently comment, we’re in Late Stage Globalism. While many
view Covid as the gateway to a “Great Reset” technocracy – it looks to
me like it was instead, the a-c-c-e-l-e-r-a-t-i-o-n event of the
millennia.

I’m not an accelerationist and the elites are certainly still pushing
hard for that WEF-style authoritarianism.

But I’m just an observer and I’m here to tell you, that is what’s
happening. Given the nature of technological compounding (“Future
Shock”, as Alvin Toffler called way back in 1970), accelerationism is
somewhat baked in and we just have to watch the implosion of corporate
media (not to mention the self-destruction of Woke capitalism) to know
it is happening.

*  *  *

My next ebook is The CBDC Survival Guide and I’m sending it free to
Bombthrower subscribers when it’s done (early June). In the meantime,
subscribe now and get The Crypto Capitalist Manifesto while you wait.
Follow me on Nostr, or Twitter.