USA 2024 Elections Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sat May 13 12:30:50 PDT 2023

Cruz Slams Border Chaos As "Nothing Less Than An Invasion"

https://summit.news/2023/05/12/video-cruz-slams-border-chaos-as-nothing-less-than-an-invasion/

Texas Senator Ted Cruz charged Thursday that the Biden administration
is deliberately collapsing the Southern U.S. border and deliberately
allowing an invasion to unfold.

Speaking to the media from the border, Cruz stated “We are witnessing
an absolute travesty unfolding on our southern border,” adding “I am
angry because this is deliberate!”

“This is a decision that was made by President Joe Biden and Kamala
Harris and Congressional Democrats to open up the border to what is
nothing less than an invasion,” Cruz bellowed.

The Senator continued, “Ask yourself, Why is President Biden not here?
Why is Kamala Harris not here? Why is Elizabeth Warren not here? Why
is AOC? She still owns the white pantsuit. Why is she not here with
her head buried in her hands? Because they don’t give a damn about the
dead bodies.”

“We’re witnessing modern day slavery,” Cruz said, adding “And
maddeningly … the Biden administration has decided they want more.”

Watch:

    We’re witnessing an absolute travesty unfolding on our southern border.

    It’s nothing less than an invasion! #BidenBorderCrisis
pic.twitter.com/flX1EwmJIr
    — Ted Cruz (@tedcruz) May 12, 2023

Cruz further noted “On Monday, we apprehended over 10,000 people on
the border, the highest level in history. On Tuesday, we apprehended
over 10,000 people on the border, again, the highest level in history.
There are, right now where we’re standing, more than 22,000 people
camped just south of the border, getting ready to come across just in
this location. In less than a month, we’ve had over 35,000 Venezuelans
cross illegally, just right here.”

The Senator continued, “Title 42 is expiring today. And you know what
happens tomorrow, those numbers go up. This is an invasion and they
want the numbers to go up. Let me say to the men and women from the
Border Patrol who are heroes. They are extraordinary heroes. And we’re
down here to tell them thank you, to tell them we love you, to tell
them we got your back even as your political superiors are making it
impossible for you to do your job.”

“The Biden administration is really proud now that they have apps on
their phone, that when someone crosses illegally, they can fill out an
application in two minutes. This is the Amazon version of illegal
immigration!” Cruz added.

“They’re gonna make it fast and deliver them anywhere in the country.
We’ve seen six and a half million people cross illegally since Joe
Biden became president and the administration wants six and a half
million to be 10 million, to be 12 million, to be 15 million, to be 20
million,” Cruz asserted.

“And the body bags that pile up, they can’t be bothered to worry
about. I’ll tell you, the great state of Texas is on the front lines,
the volume is overwhelming! It’s gotta stop!” Cruz urged.

Just hours before Title 42 public health order ended, a federal judge
blocked the Biden administration from implementing a catch and release
policy that allows for illegal immigrants to be set free without court
dates.

    Migrant parole releases BLOCKED by a federal judge tonight as a
result of a lawsuit filed by the state of Florida. The Biden admin
argued that if the releases were blocked, CBP would have 45,000
migrants in custody by the end of the month & would be “catastrophic”.
https://t.co/HydPaF5tsL
    — Bill Melugin (@BillFOXLA) May 12, 2023

Judge T. Kent Wetherell II imposed a two-week restraining order on the
Biden administration policy, noting “DHS is enjoined from implementing
or enforcing the parole policy contained in the May 10, 2023,
Memorandum from US Border Patrol Chief Raul Ortiz, titled ‘Policy on
Parole with Conditions in Limited Circumstances Prior to Issuance of a
Charging Document (Parole with Conditions).’”

The judge added “This TRO will take effect at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time
to correspond with the expiration of the Title 42 Order and to give
Defendants an opportunity to seek an emergency stay from a higher
court.”

Wetherell further stated “It is inconceivable that [the Biden
administration] waited until yesterday to formulate this policy,
particularly since they have known for quite some time that the Title
42 Order was going to expire tonight.”

The move comes following a lawsuit from Florida’s Attorney General Ashley Moody.

    . at govrondesantis & @AshleyMoodyFL beat Biden, again!

    SUES Feds and is GRANTED a temporary restraining order on illegal
immigrant parole release policy. Read the full order
👇https://t.co/1qYyvckfRV
    — Taryn Fenske (@tarynfenske) May 12, 2023

Meanwhile, footage has emerged of migrants receiving handout packets
from the Department of Homeland Security containing court dates in
2026 and 2027.

    Multiple migrants within the same group received court dates for
2026 and 2027. at TPostMillennial pic.twitter.com/bB5mOKlkLj
    — Tayler Hansen (@TaylerUSA) May 12, 2023

That’s up to four years from now.

Incredible.

While migrant groups continue to steadily attempt to cross, Fox News
reporter on the scene Bill Melugin says that the surge of thousands
more has not yet begun.

    NEW: Video from our FOX drone shows another group of migrants
attempting to cross into Brownsville illegally, but they are
physically blocked/repelled by Texas National Guard soldiers & @TxDPS
troopers stationed behind rows of razor wire. Will Biden DOJ sue over
this new action? pic.twitter.com/izIHpRhHlr
    — Bill Melugin (@BillFOXLA) May 11, 2023

    One of my colleagues is across the river from me in Matamoros and
says a moderate size group of 80-100 has formed and is considering
crossing but is being told not to by TX soldiers on a megaphone on the
U.S. side. Nothing crazy yet. pic.twitter.com/shtDI9WM9R
    — Bill Melugin (@BillFOXLA) May 12, 2023

    Texas continuing to take a much more direct approach these last
couple of days - blocking migrants at the river’s edge after they
cross into Brownsville illegally. The migrants continue to appear to
be perplexed as to why they aren’t just being let in without any
resistance. https://t.co/KMvEcssfaK
    — Bill Melugin (@BillFOXLA) May 11, 2023

    NEW: Thousands of Haitians have gathered in the Mexican border
city of Reynosa, across from McAllen, TX, ahead of Title 42’s
expiration at midnight. Here, they are being informed about the
changes that will take place after Title 42 is no longer in effect.
pic.twitter.com/0gZwOBZU9X
    — Bill Melugin (@BillFOXLA) May 11, 2023