Cryptocurrency: Leak Proves Democrat Govt Instructed To Maliciously Kill Crypto

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Fri May 12 19:59:21 PDT 2023

https://www.ibtimes.com/leaked-memo-democrat-committee-members-reportedly-highlights-instructions-kill-crypto-btc-3692503

[–]CointestMod[M] [score hidden] 1 day ago stickied commentlocked
comment (3 children)

Bitcoin pros & cons with related info are in the collapsed comments below.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award

load more comments (3 replies)

[–]improbableyam 95 points96 points97 points 1 day ago (50 children)

Wow, so there actually is a conspiracy? That explains a lot.

    [the memo] included the reminder that all crypto assets, just like
what the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) chairman Gary
Gensler previously said, are securities.

Wait, now it's all of them?

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]MasterDebater100Silver | QC: CC 178, BTC 164 | CRO 29 | ExchSubs 29
24 points25 points26 points 1 day ago (4 children)

Shortly after that it says the memo states "most are securities".
Poorly written article.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]deathbyfish13Free Range Moon Farmer 4 points5 points6 points 1 day
ago (2 children)

Now I don't know what to believe

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Jeff5704Tin | 5 months old 5 points6 points7 points 1 day ago (1 child)

Simply put its FUD

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Alanski22Platinum | QC: CC 96 | AvatarTrading 27 4 points5 points6
points 21 hours ago (0 children)

Definitely not a good sign for crypto in the US. But yeah… the US
isn’t doing too great lately is it.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]MinethatcoinPlatinum | QC: CC 111, ETC 15 0 points1 point2 points
16 hours ago (0 children)

Most are Frypto’s.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Killertimme 43 points44 points45 points 1 day ago (26 children)

I dont expect anything else in this gerontocracy. All our leaders have
memory issues.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]_who_is_they_ 6 points7 points8 points 1 day ago (1 child)

You misspelled corrupt.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Alanski22Platinum | QC: CC 96 | AvatarTrading 27 2 points3 points4
points 21 hours ago (0 children)

Corrupt and prehistoric

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]IncompetentSnail 9 points10 points11 points 1 day ago (1 child)

Memory issues? Business as usual.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]rockiellow 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Oh they know what they are doing for sure

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]GabeSterPlatinum | QC: DOGE 2476, CC 909 | AvatarTrading 18 29
points30 points31 points 1 day ago (9 children)

I'm partial to AOC.

    She avoids any and all investments which could potentially
represent a conflict of interest, including crypto — and believes her
fellow lawmakers should do the same. source

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Killertimme 5 points6 points7 points 1 day ago (4 children)

she is not part of the gerontocracy.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[+]mistressbitcoinPlatinum | QC: CC 241 | DayTrading 8 | Fin.Indep.
314 comment score below threshold-18 points-17 points-16 points 1 day
ago (3 children)

she is a "ragebaiter"

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]SeedersPerma Bull 9 points10 points11 points 1 day ago (1 child)

She's actually just based af.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]apoc519 -1 points0 points1 point 1 day ago (0 children)

She was once. Now she is part of the machine. She's very good at not
rocking the boat and getting into line now. Old AOC would not
recognize this person

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]KheinerTin | ETH critic 7 points8 points9 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Is she?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]No_Sheepherder_3431Tin | CRO 31 | ExchSubs 31 -2 points-1 points0
points 1 day ago (0 children)

She's literally a stupid ass manchild. The opposite to the old fools
who only care about direction of payments influencing them towards.

Still a huge problem.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]apoc519 -2 points-1 points0 points 1 day ago (0 children)

She had potential, but as someone who followed her rise closely, she
is a completely different person now.

I wouldn't have believed that someone could be corrupted so easily before

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Alanski22Platinum | QC: CC 96 | AvatarTrading 27 -5 points-4
points-3 points 21 hours ago (0 children)

Republicans absolutely loathe her, but shes honestly just about the
most relatable politician we have.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Ethan0307 3 points4 points5 points 1 day ago (8 children)

That's normal right.....right?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]kirtash93The Ash Ketchum of Crypto | Gotta Catch 'Em All 2 points3
points4 points 1 day ago (6 children)

When are millions years old yes. Someone please retire those dinosaurs ASAP!

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]coinsRus-2021Silver | QC: CC 52 | ADA 222 | TraderSubs 11 2 points3
points4 points 1 day ago (4 children)

Can’t - people are obsessed with them

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]minklefritzTin 3 points4 points5 points 1 day ago (2 children)

don’t blame me, i voted for Jo Jorgensen..

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]coinsRus-2021Silver | QC: CC 52 | ADA 222 | TraderSubs 11 2 points3
points4 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Libertarian is the way

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]libertarian4_lifeTin 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

This guy gets it

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]shib_armyTin | SHIB 66 -2 points-1 points0 points 1 day ago (0 children)

With Dinosaurs?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]snowmichaelh -1 points0 points1 point 1 day ago (0 children)

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Mammoth_Frosting_014Platinum | QC: CC 18, BTC 17 | Superstonk 16 1
point2 points3 points 1 day ago (0 children)

They should install more RAM.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]ArcosimSilver | QC: CC 51 | VET 22 | Technology 39 1 point2 points3
points 23 hours ago (0 children)

A gerontocracy of serial insider traders.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]badfishbeefcakeSilver | QC: CC 100 | ADA 32 | PoliticalHumor 42 0
points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Amen to that.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]funk-it-allBronze | Privacy 19 8 points9 points10 points 1 day ago (1 child)

They're gonna say whatever the fuck they wanna say. Laws don't apply,
that's been made clear already. Now they have to push "reefer madness"
style propaganda on the people.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Alanski22Platinum | QC: CC 96 | AvatarTrading 27 1 point2 points3
points 21 hours ago (0 children)

They can’t destroy crypto, they can only chase it out of the US. In
the end they (and we the US citizens) lose.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]BitcoinHurtTooth 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Go to the SEC and ask. They will tell you, it’s clear!

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Shiratori-3 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago (6 children)

No surprises here really; this is consistent with both the 'all of
govt' call to arms that was announced last year, and the
ex-administration staffer's admission of the plan to 'crowd out'
crypto.

I'm not American, but given the flow-on impacts of this sort of thing,
I do hope Americans can get off their collectively ample asses and
make some appropriate noises to their elected representatives.

Good luck, Americans!

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Jub-n-JubPlatinum | QC: BTC 33 | DayTrading 10 | TraderSubs 29 2
points3 points4 points 15 hours ago (0 children)

The U.S. government does not respond to its citizens unless it's
convenient. About 80% of American citizens have wanted term limits
since the '80's and it cleanly passes party lines.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Big_Pause4654Platinum | 3 months old | QC: CC 34 0 points1 point2
points 1 day ago (3 children)

I support more regulation of an industry full of fraudsters like SBF

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]nzubemushPlatinum | QC: r/DeFi 15 0 points1 point2 points 12 hours
ago (2 children)

Okay Gary

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Big_Pause4654Platinum | 3 months old | QC: CC 34 0 points1 point2
points 11 hours ago (1 child)

The fact that my comment was responded to by an NFT scammer says it
all. This space needs to be regulated because most people in this
space are looking to make money from selling rubes a string of
numbers.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]nzubemushPlatinum | QC: r/DeFi 15 0 points1 point2 points 11 hours
ago (0 children)

We learned it from you ser. You named it Capitalism.

Also wish I had an NFT to sell to you.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]GabeSterPlatinum | QC: DOGE 2476, CC 909 | AvatarTrading 18 4
points5 points6 points 1 day ago (3 children)

Someone is going to get in trouble for leaking the play book.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]improbableyam 7 points8 points9 points 1 day ago (1 child)

"Fools! You said the quiet part out loud!"

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]RocketMoonShotPlatinum | QC: CC 16 | Accounting 121 2 points3
points4 points 1 day ago (0 children)

That doesn't matter any more.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Oldz88RzTin -1 points0 points1 point 1 day ago (0 children)

Surprised it didn't show up on Discord.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Big_Pause4654Platinum | 3 months old | QC: CC 34 1 point2 points3
points 1 day ago (0 children)

Conceptually, yes. The original idea behind securities regulation was
that a bunch of snake oil salesmen were selling equity in random
investments and the public rubes were getting fleeced.

Reality is that each coin or token is usually created by a small set
of developers and then pitched and marketed to the public to enrich
the creators. Why not have laws protecting investors from this kind of
shit?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]rootplMoonwalker 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago (1 child)

It feels like they keep changing their story on purpose to spread uncertainty.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]alt4subs1 - 2 years account age. 100 - 200 comment karma. 78
points79 points80 points 1 day ago (22 children)

Kind of clickbait. Basically the memo said “we need more regulations
to protect investors and stop scammers” then some guy tweeted “They
are trying to kill crypto!”.

Bottom line is the average investors need to feel safe for crypto to
grow. Also heightened regulation could open the door for more
institutional investors.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Which-Ad-9338Tin 11 points12 points13 points 1 day ago (1 child)

The author is probably trying to spread FUD to buy at a discount.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Jeff5704Tin | 5 months old 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Exactly easy to read through the FUD

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]FiveConesTin 14 points15 points16 points 1 day ago (1 child)

    Kind of clickbait

It's a Fox News "reporter"

Did you expect anything different?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]deathbyfish13Free Range Moon Farmer 2 points3 points4 points 1 day
ago (0 children)

Clickbait is a given there, not surprised in the slightest

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]SolemnTravelerTin 33 points34 points35 points 1 day ago (9 children)

    Bottom line is the average investors need to feel safe for crypto
to grow. Also heightened regulation could open the door for more
institutional investors.

By declaring all crypto assets a security and essentially driving a
stake through the industry, ie making a permission system out of a
permissionless system. If you want to trade your freedom for
"security", then you will ultimately have neither.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[+]alt4subs1 - 2 years account age. 100 - 200 comment karma. comment
score below threshold-11 points-10 points-9 points 1 day ago (7
children)

I’m not sure I’m smart enough to understand what you are saying. What
“freedom” am I trading? Permission system?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]DeathHopperPlatinum | QC: CC 27, XMR 15 | Technology 23 9 points10
points11 points 1 day ago (6 children)

Undeclared peer to peer transactions. Ya know, the main point of Bitcoin?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[+]alt4subs1 - 2 years account age. 100 - 200 comment karma. comment
score below threshold-6 points-5 points-4 points 1 day ago (5
children)

Like “undeclared” in a tax sense?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]No_Sheepherder_3431Tin | CRO 31 | ExchSubs 31 3 points4 points5
points 1 day ago (0 children)

It's supposed to be digital "cash" without centralized oversight from
potentially corrupt officials.

So yes, what you said and what others said. Do you believe your peer
to peer cash trades should be monitored and taxed on? I'm sure you'll
say, "yeah I'm such a good citizen!", Yet I'm 100% sure you've done
such things and didn't report on your taxes.

You have a right to have your cash trade hands and not have the
government or anyone constantly up your ass about it. Tired of this,
"wah you just want to avoid taxes!" Argument.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]DeathHopperPlatinum | QC: CC 27, XMR 15 | Technology 23 9 points10
points11 points 1 day ago (3 children)

More like undeclared in a cash/currency sense. In other words, no
using it as payments to anyone of any kind. Basically, just turning
all crypto into literal stocks to be held and traded on exchanges.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]alt4subs1 - 2 years account age. 100 - 200 comment karma. 0 points1
point2 points 1 day ago (2 children)

Ah gotcha. Thank you for clearing that up. Can’t you give stocks to
other people though?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Agitated_Joke_9473 9 points10 points11 points 1 day ago (0 children)

not without a 3rd party

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]DeathHopperPlatinum | QC: CC 27, XMR 15 | Technology 23 1 point2
points3 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Sort of, I don't know the exact details, but not nearly as easy as
just sending someone crypto.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]AFadedTin | 1 month old -1 points0 points1 point 1 day ago (0 children)

I think scammers are worried this will hurt their profits.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[+]bodyscholar comment score below threshold-13 points-12 points-11
points 1 day ago (2 children)

Right now it seems its shaping up to be:

Republicans: pro-crypto

Democrats: anti-crypto

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]PSiggSBronze | Politics 52 9 points10 points11 points 1 day ago (1 child)

No it doesn’t. There are people in both parties that want crypto to
succeed. If you pay any attention instead of basing your knowledge on
silly clickbait you would know. Remember how president trump called
bitcoin a scam? How about Robert Kennedy jr. who is a democrat and is
very pro bitcoin?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Bladeyy21Bronze | TraderSubs 11 0 points1 point2 points 17 hours
ago* (0 children)

It absolutely is and you're in denial if you believe otherwise. Giving
single examples changes nothing. Look at the bigger picture. Look at
where the majority of support for crypto is coming from, in terms of
politicians. Look at where the recent attacks are coming from.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[+]funk-it-allBronze | Privacy 19 comment score below threshold-6
points-5 points-4 points 1 day ago (0 children)

No, it pushes lies and is a blatant attempt to kill crypto. Where did
you get that from?..

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Alanski22Platinum | QC: CC 96 | AvatarTrading 27 0 points1 point2
points 21 hours ago (0 children)

I will admit I did not read the article, and those points are pretty
fair. It does need to be regulated.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]MaeronTargaryenYour friendly neighborhood dragonlord 27 points28
points29 points 1 day ago (7 children)

Good luck with that, crypto isn’t American

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]GabeSterPlatinum | QC: DOGE 2476, CC 909 | AvatarTrading 18 13
points14 points15 points 1 day ago (4 children)

Yah but America thinks they can blow up the finance world to take them
back to the 1960's again, when they had power as a Monetary leader.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]masterbatesAlotPlatinum | QC: DOGE 140 | PoliticalHumor 14 8
points9 points10 points 1 day ago (1 child)

They just need to mint that trillion dollar coin.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]coinsRus-2021Silver | QC: CC 52 | ADA 222 | TraderSubs 11 3 points4
points5 points 1 day ago (0 children)

When you elect a dinosaur, you get options to make you extinct

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Jeff5704Tin | 5 months old 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago (0 children)

I think our time is running out boys hopefully one of your countries
can take the lead and help us poor Americans get with the times

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]funk-it-allBronze | Privacy 19 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

This will go down like the new york bitlicense 9 years ago. Almost
nobody complies, the industry gets killed off in that jurisdiction,
consumers get harmed, and crypto continues on in other jurisdictions.
They thought at the time that crypto "needed" new york since it's a
financial center. Now they seem to think the same about the US.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Yasha666Bronze 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago (0 children)

America never got involved with anything that wasn't strictly American 🙄

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]j90wTin 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Unfortunately the US is the largest economy by far, and having stiffer
regulations on crypto in the US will negatively impact the worldwide
crypto market. This is not good news.

There are plenty of democrats and republicans that are pro crypto,
it’s important to reach out to your representatives to state where you
stand.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Kvandergriff 5 points6 points7 points 1 day ago (3 children)

And yet, many people here will still vote blue bc mean tweets bad

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]NotPresidentChumpPlatinum | QC: DOGE 340, CC 105 | r/WSB 180[S] 1
point2 points3 points 23 hours ago (1 child)

Sad but true

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Swerve99 0 points1 point2 points 18 hours ago (0 children)

single issue voting over ur five figure crypto portfolio 😂

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]mover999 0 points1 point2 points 18 hours ago (0 children)

Who should they vote for ?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]grchinaPlatinum | QC: CC 38 15 points16 points17 points 1 day ago (1 child)

Again this shit about world trying to kill crypto and Bitcoin,real
classy journalism...

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Jeff5704Tin | 5 months old 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

I wonder if every crypto cycle has these times of gloom and doom click bait

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]dubweb32 5 points6 points7 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Taken voice over phone

Good Luck.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]IlIlllIIllllIIlIBronze | QC: CC 16 14 points15 points16 points 1
day ago (29 children)

Can’t wait to see their detailed plan on how to kill Bitcoin.

Spoiler alert YOU CAN’T

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]improbableyam 14 points15 points16 points 1 day ago (7 children)

Totally thought that was going to say 'ordinals'.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]IlIlllIIllllIIlIBronze | QC: CC 16 1 point2 points3 points 1 day
ago (0 children)

Haha, would have been better actually

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]GabeSterPlatinum | QC: DOGE 2476, CC 909 | AvatarTrading 18 -1
points0 points1 point 1 day ago (4 children)

"Ordinals is an inside job by the government to kill Bitcoin by making
it unusable as a transaction currency"

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]improbableyam 5 points6 points7 points 1 day ago (3 children)

Joke's on them, we'll just fork it.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]PatchworkFlamesTin 4 points5 points6 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Do it.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]NotAnAlcoholicTodayPlatinum | QC: CC 93, XTZ 32 0 points1 point2
points 1 day ago (0 children)

Is that the bitcoin chant? "Just Fork It!"

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Fair_Raccoon9333 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Sectarian wars are always the bloodiest.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]rootplMoonwalker 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Or: "just pull the plug, you know, like with your home computer"

Some dinosaur politician probably.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]ronchonPlatinum | QC: CC 255, BTC 20 | NANO 10 | Futurology 13 11
points12 points13 points 1 day ago (3 children)

We've already been seeing their "plan" for an indirect ban in action
for many months now:

    dishonest abusive litigation without clear regulation
    letting bad actors prosper to sabotage reputation to the public
while targeting the most reputable ones in priority
    energy fud for POW
    security fud for POS + censorship takeover through pression on
centralized stakers
    IMF blackmail on foreign countries

The next years are the true test of fire for Bitcoin and crypto in general.

😺

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]IlIlllIIllllIIlIBronze | QC: CC 16 2 points3 points4 points 1 day
ago (2 children)

Really informative take, indeed things can turn to a real nightmare
for crypto. But I still don’t see any reasonable outcome on both ends

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]ronchonPlatinum | QC: CC 255, BTC 20 | NANO 10 | Futurology 13 4
points5 points6 points 1 day ago (1 child)

I agree, and i think the US is making a mistake attacking it too
frontally: if we assume their objective is to subdue the threat it
represents, it was far better to lure crypto in to better take control
in more indirect ways. And it was heading this way before they started
this more agressive "war" in the past year.

Now by chasing it away they'll lose leverage. They seem to be
confident that they can bruteforce it. Time will tell if it was
arrogance or not.

😺

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]KappatalizablePlatinum | QC: CC 846 3 points4 points5 points 1 day
ago (0 children)

Wont stop them from trying unfortunately

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[+][deleted] 1 day ago (1 child)

[deleted]

[–]IlIlllIIllllIIlIBronze | QC: CC 16 2 points3 points4 points 1 day
ago (0 children)

Agreed, if the witch hunt season is on, we all know well how America’s
going to deploy a massive strategy to fight the major validators/node
runners.

Even so, they can’t fight the whole world working on decentralization
against their regulations. But yeah, tough years ahead.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]bbtto22Platinum | QC: CC 552 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago (3 children)

They probably thinking of Shoot the ceo of btc in the head lmao

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]IlIlllIIllllIIlIBronze | QC: CC 16 3 points4 points5 points 1 day
ago (1 child)

On their way to recruit a disposable hitman on the dark web, paid in
XMR to kill the president of BTC

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]jesschester 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

XMR got sent to a dogecoin address on accident, hitman murders dog instead.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Crash04639Tin -1 points0 points1 point 1 day ago (0 children)

Boomer politician: "We need to talk to the manager of Bitcoin and shut
his company down..."

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Marques5080Tin 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago (2 children)

You just ruined their dreams of total centralisation and control (aka
oppression) with that spoiler

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]IlIlllIIllllIIlIBronze | QC: CC 16 -1 points0 points1 point 1 day
ago (1 child)

Regulators hate that simple trick

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Marques5080Tin -2 points-1 points0 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Don’t you feel like cracking a huge smile when you see they can’t get
what they want?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]MindTheMindForMind -1 points0 points1 point 1 day ago (4 children)

They can’t kill decentralization!

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]IlIlllIIllllIIlIBronze | QC: CC 16 -1 points0 points1 point 1 day
ago (2 children)

Indeed, no one can

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Intr3pidG4ming 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (1 child)

Won't stop the fossils in power from trying unfortunately.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Crash04639Tin -1 points0 points1 point 1 day ago (0 children)

Yeah. I think it'll be 10-15 years before the boomers have to hand
societal decision-making control over to the Gen Xers and the
millennials. Once that happens, I think the threat will largely be
over. Until then, it'll be a rough ride.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]IsThereAnythingLeft-Tin | IOTA 46 | Futurology 42 -1 points0
points1 point 1 day ago (0 children)

Ban wasting energy, I mean mining. Then encourage other countries to do the same

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Elegant_Tale_3929Platinum | QC: ATOM 27 -1 points0 points1 point 1
day ago (0 children)

Well, maybe if they gained worldwide cooperation to make it illegal.... 🤣

/s

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]masedogg98 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago (1 child)

What a load of bull malarkey, this article is written like shite, and
that’s saying something coming from me as anyone who’s seen my long
winded comments or posts can attest to! It’s an absolute shame and at
the same time a touch ironic how the US is squandering one of the
biggest financial innovations the worlds seen yet while professing
that they have such a solid regulatory system xD stack your coins and
get off the USD my friends, let’s let the clowns run the circus.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]DadofHome 13 points14 points15 points 1 day ago (8 children)

Don’t fall for the left and right politics divide and conquer playbook
.. crypto is a bipartisan asset and needs a bipartisan approach !

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]irockalltherocksGentleman 4 points5 points6 points 1 day ago (4 children)

    left and right politics divide and conquer playbook

The same playbook U.S. politicians have been using forever. I wish a
sizeable portion of voters would figure this out. Maybe it would lead
to a viable 3rd party.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]capdoesit 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago (0 children)

If they run Biden vs trump out again we might actually get some
support for a viable 3rd party. That is until there is invariably some
“bipartisan” legislature that restricts the ability for third parties
to be successful

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]libertarian4_lifeTin -5 points-4 points-3 points 1 day ago (2 children)

There already is a viable 3rd party. VOTE LIBERTARIAN!

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]tpwn3rTin 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago (1 child)

“Hey everyone, the GHoSt trAiN guy would have used a gHoST TraIn”

I mean username check out

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]libertarian4_lifeTin 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

What does this even mean?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]bitrollPlatinum | QC: BTC 109 5 points6 points7 points 1 day ago (2 children)

Crypto is nonpartisan and doesn't need any politicians at all.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]ev00r1Bronze | ADA 5 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

A society wide change in something as important as money is going to
require some politics. There's just no getting around that.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]FiveConesTin 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Thinking that crypto doesn't need politicians is choosing to let other
people make up the rules for you.

But this subreddit also needs to stop falling for the bullshit
politicians that say whatever they want to hear

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]imadumbshit69Platinum | QC: CC 115 | r/UnpopularOpinion 16 4
points5 points6 points 1 day ago (0 children)

The fact that they want to kill it makes me more and more confident in
crypto. They're all (dems and reps) so far removed from the real world
that it's almost comical

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]VanLifeNewLife 4 points5 points6 points 1 day ago (3 children)

First they are killing the banks, next up crypto! Doing their best to
take us back to the dark ages, ignorant fools

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[+][deleted] 1 day ago (2 children)

[deleted]

[–]VanLifeNewLife 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago (0 children)

This is true, if you can't beat them, join them kinda scenario going on here

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Jimmy_Wrinkles 4 points5 points6 points 1 day ago (0 children)

This is the classic American chutzpah: we are the best at everything
and will kill crypto. Meanwhile there is the rest of the world that
will have no issue adopting/regulating it.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]FrogmangyTin | CC critic 4 points5 points6 points 1 day ago (0 children)

They hate what they cant manipulate and profit from

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Electrical_Potato_21Platinum | QC: CC 437 1 point2 points3 points 1
day ago (0 children)

They can try to kill it all they want, but it will just move
elsewhere, and the US will lag behind in development. Sad really.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]PastaArtPlatinum | QC: BTC 47, BCH 27 | Technology 10 1 point2
points3 points 1 day ago (0 children)

The reason Bitcoin was created is because the regulators failed to
protect from banking failures and ended up costing the taxpayers
billions. Now they want to protect investors from bitcoin and
crypto?!?

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]funk-it-allBronze | Privacy 19 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago (0 children)

So they're pushing blatant lies like "the SEC and CFTC are in
agreement" when they're not

"All crypto are securities"

"Nearly all are"

"Clear rules of the road"

Telling all dems what to think. Shouldn't that ve the voters' job?

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]gvictor808BTC Maxi 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Bearish signal for Democrats.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]_who_is_they_ 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago (0 children)

It's no secret the current administration hates crypto.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]AlternativeCreditTin | PoliticalHumor 33 1 point2 points3 points 1
day ago (1 child)

Nobody reads articles here it seems.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]TheSublimeNeuroGScientist 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Sir, this is a moon farm

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]89timeTin 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Making me choose a party over crypto is kind of scary tbh.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]KappatalizablePlatinum | QC: CC 846 6 points7 points8 points 1 day
ago (1 child)

Damn politicians spending a lot of time in the Buttcoin sub again

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]GabeSterPlatinum | QC: DOGE 2476, CC 909 | AvatarTrading 18 -1
points0 points1 point 1 day ago (0 children)

They probably all regret not buying Bitcoin at $30. You know they've
known about it for awhile.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Awkward_Potential_Platinum | QC: CC 466, BTC 27 | Politics 25 3
points4 points5 points 1 day ago (0 children)

I've been a Democrat for way too long to be threatened by this. Dems
can't get anything on their agenda done and never will. We're
basically the Cleveland Browns of politics. (source: I'm also a browns
fan).

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]CymandeTV 3 points4 points5 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Execute order 66.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Dakadak971 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Biden is this your doing?

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]JMcLe86 5 points6 points7 points 1 day ago (22 children)

The Democrats have become more autocratic than the Republicans :P I'm
fairly certain a majority of them do not know the definition of
"democracy" nor "representative." I'm not a fan of either party, but
the left needs to change it's name to something that actually
describes the system they are trying to build, because it's not a
democracy.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]NotPresidentChumpPlatinum | QC: DOGE 340, CC 105 | r/WSB 180[S] 1
point2 points3 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Completely agree. Their policy position lately is just give us
complete control of every facet of your life. If Democrats could pass
a CBDC and social credit system here that would be similar to China's
they would in a heartbeat.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Dirkef88 -1 points0 points1 point 1 day ago (15 children)

Republics: - banning books - taking trans children from their parents
- criminalizing abortion - arresting people for not wearing gender
approved clothing - gerrymander so that a minority party "wins"
elections with fewer votes

Democrats: - regulate crypto

You: Fuck those autocratic Democrats, they're taking away all our freedoms!

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]JMcLe86 -2 points-1 points0 points 1 day ago* (9 children)

You forgot guns, speech, and vehicles that don't have a kill switch post 2027.

Edit: I forgot to add private processing power and a shit ton of IRS
agents I'm sure are totally going to be used to go after the 1%.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Dirkef88 -2 points-1 points0 points 1 day ago (8 children)

Speech? Who's getting arrested for speech?

Again, it's Republicans are literally banning books and banning even
the mention of specific topics in school.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]JMcLe86 -1 points0 points1 point 1 day ago (7 children)

You can be arrested for speech that is considered offensive or hate
speech in some states. It hasn't devolved in the US at the rate it has
in the UK (my other citizenship) where comedians are being jailed for
making nazi jokes and the government is seeking criminalize table-talk
(in Scotland). I'm more referring to censoring it off of the internet
and the like, however.

What Republicans do doesn't justify democrats doing the same shit. My
point is they are both the same thing: a group of people willing to
falsify information to justify their own beliefs and impose their idea
of a model society on everyone else. Both take power from the people
and both point to the other to justify what they've done. The fact
that any time one side wins an election the other starts preparing for
a doomsday event is proof that they've all got too much power. They're
supposed to be representatives. Instead they're a means for one
ideological extreme to colonial-europe the other and everyone in
between them.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Dirkef88 -1 points0 points1 point 1 day ago (6 children)

Provide an example of a Canadian being jailed for making a Nazi joke.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]JMcLe86 4 points5 points6 points 1 day ago (1 child)

As for Democrats in the US mandating all vehicles have kill switches
so the police can kill your car remotely while you're driving it:

https://www.yahoo.com/now/law-install-kill-switches-cars-170000930.html

It also mandates all cars be able to detect if a driver has drank any
alcohol around the same time.

For the IRS agents:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/finance.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/irs-says-87-000-hires-120000616.html

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]AutoModerator[M] 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

It looks like you've posted a Google AMP link. Please try posting
again with the direct link to the article (You shouldn't see "amp"
anywhere in the URL) or contact the moderators if you need help.

AMP is a proprietary walled garden which benefits Google and hurts
everyone else. It is destroying the open web through anti-competitive
violation of standards.

It is bad for publishers because it forces them to duplicate
development effort, and prevents differentiation and customisation. It
also allows Google to watch you even after you've left their search
results page.

For individuals seeking an automated solution to this problem, they
can try installing the Redirect AMP to HTML extension on Chrome and
Firefox.

Thank you to OtherAMPBot for this information and detection code.

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please
contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or
concerns.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]JMcLe86 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago (1 child)

I said UK, not Canada. Why do you mention Canada?

For the UK:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/man-convicted-dog-nazi-salute-12220187

https://reason.com/2018/03/20/count-dankula-meechan-hate-speech-nazi/

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Dirkef88 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

I misread comedian as Canadian, my bad.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]JMcLe86 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (1 child)

I even specifically brought up Scotland. Do you think Scotland is in
Canada? I am really confused.

Anyway, the Scotland references:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-56364821.amp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/mar/11/scotland-hate-bill-set-to-pass-despite-row-over-exclusion-of-women

https://www.thenational.scot/news/20083674.scottish-public-consulted-criminalising-misogyny/

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/19077579.msps-back-criminalising-hate-speech-dinner-table/

[...]

[+]RandomNumbers8285Platinum | QC: CC 33 comment score below
threshold-9 points-8 points-7 points 1 day ago (3 children)

You: whataboutism

The guy you replied to didn't even say anything about Republicans.
Found the tribal snowflake

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Dirkef88 -1 points0 points1 point 1 day ago (2 children)

Can you read?

The first sentence of the comment I'm replying to says, "Democrats
have become more autocratic than Republicans."

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[+]RandomNumbers8285Platinum | QC: CC 33 comment score below
threshold-7 points-6 points-5 points 1 day ago (1 child)

And you replied with whataboutism, can you read?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Dirkef88 3 points4 points5 points 1 day ago (0 children)

You're trolling, right? You can't be this stupid...

You accused me of bringing up Republicans out of the blue. The comment
I'm replying to is a specific and direct comparison between Democrats
and Republicans.

It's not "whataboutism", I'm responding directly to the assertion that
"Democrats are more autocratic than Republicans". There is no
whatabout... It's literally the topic of the comment.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]FiveConesTin -3 points-2 points-1 points 1 day ago (2 children)

    The Democrats have become more autocratic than the Republicans

Oh, what have they done to be more autocratic than the Republicans?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]JMcLe86 3 points4 points5 points 1 day ago (1 child)

Well we can start with attempts to censor speech and social media,
installing kill switches in all vehicles manufactured after 2027 for
the police to use (passed as part of Biden's economic agenda),
centralization of government, centralization of the use of force
(attempts at firearm bans), attempts (and success in california) of
banning PC configurations (requires all OEM pc's be configured to use
less power at the expense of processing power), faking statistics or
blackmailing organizations to not post statistics to complement the
beliefs they push, faking political candidates to divide the
republican vote in like that two states now? Pushing a CBDC that
enables them to track all purchases and freeze funds as they please.
The UK already does something similar without CBDCs in that they can
prevent people from purchasing things they don't like but aren't
illegal. There is no independence from the system they are trying to
force everyone into. You want processing power, you rent it from the
cloud and they can see what you do. You want to attend a protest?
That's fine but your car will die when you cross the geofence they've
set up, or the cops will kill your car on the freeway and check you
out. Someone going to rape you? Call a cop and wait 20 minutes. Can't
call me paranoid on that last one, an intruder broke in our house and
stabbed my dog and was chased off with a 9mm. Called the police and
they asked what we wanted them to do about it and never came to the
house. That pistol is now an assault weapon in some states, and all
states if Dems get their way. Republicans also suck but pretending
like what the democrats do is ok because Republicans did X is a
fucking joke.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]MyWayToTheTopBronze | TraderSubs 13 2 points3 points4 points 1 day
ago (1 child)

Shit. They want to kill the CEO of Bitcoin.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]InsaneMcFriesPlatinum | QC: CC 256 1 point2 points3 points 1 day
ago (0 children)

Good luck US, this shit is harder to kill than drugs. How’s that war
going again?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]HannyBo9Platinum | QC: CC 45 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago (0 children)

This don’t surprise me. They hate freedom above all else.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]mustachechapPlatinum | QC: CC 62 | VET 22 | ModeratePolitics 35 0
points1 point2 points 1 day ago (1 child)

Sounds like a hate crime.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]duracellchipmunkSilver | QC: CC 301, BTC 62 | LINK 45 | TraderSubs
30 5 points6 points7 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Well I hated it

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]coinfeeds-botApproved CC Bot 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (1 child)

tldr; The Democratic Party's House committee members reportedly
received a memo prior to this week's hearing on digital assets
regulation. The memo supports the SEC's position toward crypto assets,
which some in the crypto community believe is an attempt to "kill
crypto and Bitcoin." "The messaging also asserts that Committee
Republicans who are looking to cut the budgets of financial regulators
are not actually serious about protecting investors," a journalist
tweeted.

This summary is auto generated by a bot and not meant to replace
reading the original article. As always, DYOR.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]CymandeTV 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Good bot

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]pbjclimbingPlatinum | QC: CC 1274 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago
(0 children)

    It contained "key messages" for the @FSCDems to stick to including
supporting the @SECGov's total authority over crypto regulation, its
assertion that nearly all cryptos constitute securities, and that
crypto's problem isn't ambiguity, it's mass non-compliance

Yeah, all crypto is not a security. The SEC is not God.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Intelligent_Page2732Platinum | QC: CC 918 0 points1 point2 points 1
day ago (0 children)

I wanna see them try.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]bcleezy05Tin 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (1 child)

Crypto aint going nowhere, if thye block it in the US that's what vpn's are for

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Captain_HoytBronze 4 points5 points6 points 1 day ago (0 children)

    "Crypto aint going nowhere, if thye block it in the US that's what
vpn's are for" Have you already forgotten that they were working on a
bill that would result in up to a 20 year sentence for using a VPN
while committing a 'financial crime' ? I don't know if this got
traction or not, but it will sneak into another bill at some point,
guaranteed.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]ZaibatsuPrimeTin | 1 month old 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

This is why we need to vote the Republicans in. Trump 2024!

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]trentw24 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

They should try to kill Jason Vorhees while they're at it.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]HarryDotter420 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (1 child)

It's literally impossible to kill crypto now. It would require a well
coordinated action of every single state on planet earth.

I doubt other countries hate crypto as much as certain USA officials

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]relevantusername2020 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago (0 children)

best i got rn

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]PaleontologistNo5569Tin 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (14 children)

They are literally just shooting themselves in the foot and alienating
there younger base to take down crypto......it doesn't matter what
political party you associate with the majority of Americans like
crypto and want to use it

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]PatchworkFlamesTin 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago (12 children)

The majority of Americans and the young base hate crypto. You know how
hard crypto made it to for the young base to get a gpu?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[+]Flat-House5529Tin | Unpop.Opin. 10 2 points3 points4 points 1 day
ago (8 children)

Most of the 'young base' is too fekking stupid to know what a gpu is.

And I have sincere doubts about your ability to properly context the
words 'most' and 'hate'.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]PatchworkFlamesTin 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago* (7 children)

About 50%?

It’s hard to overstate how much the masses hate crypto right now.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2022/12/07/just-8percent-of-americans-have-a-positive-view-of-cryptocurrencies-now-cnbc-survey-finds.html

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]bitrollPlatinum | QC: BTC 109 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

It's also hard to overstate how articles and sentiment like this
happen at the right time to BUY into an asset. Dec'22 was the bottom.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[+]Flat-House5529Tin | Unpop.Opin. 10 0 points1 point2 points 18 hours
ago (5 children)

So...your opinion comes from a 6-month old (you know, before three
massive bank failures this year) editorial by a traditional financial
analyst from *cough* CNBC *cough* who has cites a survey that...

Is over 30% Boomers and about 20% 'young' (your cited demographics),
and of which a full third of respondents didn't know about/had no
opinion with regards to crypto. Not to mention a pathetically small
sample size of 801 (that's two-millions of a single percent of
Americans) by a company that has a barely lukewarm (71%) historical
accuracy rate compared to precisely measurable data. Not to mention
it's only a single question on a political/economical survey.

Personally, I think you need to source your data a little bit better
before you jump to sweeping conclusions.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]PatchworkFlamesTin 0 points1 point2 points 13 hours ago (4 children)

I'm not going down the rabbit hole of pulling up dozens of sources
when we both know a simple google search would tell you crypto's rep
is in the gutter, dude. I did my own research, and the people have
spoken: Crypto's in the crapper right now, and we're a long way away
from the ATH's of 2021.

​

If the people couldn't be sold on the crypto dream with Superbowl ads,
they sure aren't going to be sold on all the major exchanges
committing fraud and/or sanction violations while the SEC is calling
them all out for selling unregistered securities.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[+]Flat-House5529Tin | Unpop.Opin. 10 0 points1 point2 points 12 hours
ago (3 children)

For new folks here, the above response translates roughly to "I can't
provide substantive data for my random opinion so I'll just claim I'm
right".

And the fact you think Superbowl adds are even relevant in the big
picture is laughable. Besides, Ripple Labs is currently eviscerating
the SEC in their suit, and once that's done the SEC is going to lose a
lot of credibility.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]PatchworkFlamesTin 0 points1 point2 points 12 hours ago (2 children)

For the new folks here, the above translates to "The SEC is ripping
Ripple labs a new one but admitting that would make my bags heavier."

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[+]Flat-House5529Tin | Unpop.Opin. 10 0 points1 point2 points 8 hours
ago (1 child)

Just like I thought, there's not a single original thought in that
empty skull of yours. Internet parakeet...

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]PatchworkFlamesTin 0 points1 point2 points 8 hours ago (0 children)

Has it occurred to you that the reason everyone tells you the same
things is because you're wrong?

Because if you're telling me you've heard it all before over and over
again, that I'm just the latest in a long line of parakeets, it means
a lot of people must all agree that you're wrong and have told you
such.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]CryptoChief 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (2 children)

Most of the youth don't know or care about GPUs.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]PatchworkFlamesTin 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago (1 child)

They really should if they do any gaming at all.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]CryptoChief 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago (0 children)

No they just buy a PC. They don't pay much mind to the GPU.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]NotPresidentChumpPlatinum | QC: DOGE 340, CC 105 | r/WSB 180[S] 3
points4 points5 points 1 day ago (0 children)

That's never stopped them before. They'll cut off their nose to spite
their face if it means they can keep power.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]New_DietPlatinum | QC: CC 139 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

OVER MY DEAD COLD TREZOR!

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Unleashyourstand 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

It’s like that scene in Rick and Morty where Rick devalues that alien
currency. The establishment sees crypto as a threat

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]UmilikPlatinum | QC: CC 306 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

The US government is power mad. It's nuts. I don't like my government
either, but for the most part, I barely even realize that they exist
90% of the time.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[+][deleted] 1 day ago (1 child)

[deleted]

[–]IsThereAnythingLeft-Tin | IOTA 46 | Futurology 42 3 points4 points5
points 1 day ago (0 children)

Lol why would they be scared of a so called currency that can only do 7 tps

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]uncapchadBronze | QC: CC 21 | ADA 64 -1 points0 points1 point 1 day
ago (1 child)

Destroying things you don't understand is a very primitive response.
I've yet to hear one articulate argument on the clear and present
dangers. We may as well put robots in charge

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]blorpianblorpBronze | r/WSB 16 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

It's the quintessential American politician. Something scary that you
don't understand? Ban it. These are the same folks that wanted to ban
the "shoulder thing that goes up".

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Silver-Maximum9190 -1 points0 points1 point 1 day ago (0 children)

I think it’s now that time of the year where you start buying BTC again.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Starkgaryen69Stack Sats -1 points0 points1 point 1 day ago (0 children)

ibtimes.com lol

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]honestlyimeanreallyPlatinum | QC: XMR 772, CC 250, ETH 30 |
MiningSubs 50[🍰] -1 points0 points1 point 1 day ago (2 children)

Disregard globalists

Acquire monero

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]TheSublimeNeuroGScientist 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (1 child)

Happy cake day

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]honestlyimeanreallyPlatinum | QC: XMR 772, CC 250, ETH 30 |
MiningSubs 50[🍰] -1 points0 points1 point 1 day ago (0 children)

Where are my free moons?!

/s

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]CypherMcAfee -1 points0 points1 point 1 day ago (0 children)

Good luck, Btc will never die.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Dwaas_Bjaas -1 points0 points1 point 1 day ago (0 children)

Oh no! Anyways

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]TOXICCARBYPlatinum | QC: CC 160 -2 points-1 points0 points 1 day
ago (6 children)

They can’t kill BTC even if they tried

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]IsThereAnythingLeft-Tin | IOTA 46 | Futurology 42 1 point2 points3
points 1 day ago (5 children)

Pretty sure they could yeah

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]TOXICCARBYPlatinum | QC: CC 160 -1 points0 points1 point 1 day ago
(2 children)

You’re forgetting that crypto is a global market, it’s not American.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]IsThereAnythingLeft-Tin | IOTA 46 | Futurology 42 0 points1 point2
points 1 day ago (1 child)

Your forgetting America has a lot of influence and most countries
don’t want energy being wasted just as much

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]CryptoChief -1 points0 points1 point 1 day ago (0 children)

    most countries don’t want energy being wasted just as much

The stop funding wars and housing bubbles by letting a small group of
people micromanage interest rates.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]CryptoChief -1 points0 points1 point 1 day ago (1 child)

China was unsuccessful.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]IsThereAnythingLeft-Tin | IOTA 46 | Futurology 42 0 points1 point2
points 1 day ago (0 children)

Where was the main hashing power before and after the ban….

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Josefumi12 -2 points-1 points0 points 1 day ago (2 children)

What is their chance to truly kill a cryptocurrency? Near zero i guess

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]red_thud 4 points5 points6 points 1 day ago (1 child)

its easy. stop banks working with crypto. volume will go down 90%.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]PatchworkFlamesTin 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago (0 children)

They already did that, and crypto volume is down 90% from last year.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]nombresinhombrePlatinum | QC: CC 87 | ADA 22 -2 points-1 points0
points 1 day ago (1 child)

I get some trump vibes. Stupidness is back in the white house

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]FFMoochPlatinum | QC: CC 22, BTC 21 | Investing 24 2 points3
points4 points 1 day ago (0 children)

TDS is a real thing. This article is literally all about Democrats and
Democratic appointees.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]cryptoguy66Silver | QC: CC 40, BTC 22 | ADA 68 | r/WSB 109 0
points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Good luck with that!

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]IDPetrovTin | CRO 28 | ExchSubs 28 0 points1 point2 points 1 day
ago (1 child)

So what? The rest of the world will use it. Russia/Iran have already
legalized crypto for cross-border payments. You think USA will be left
alone and behind?

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Agitated_Joke_9473 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

brics will support anything that will weaken the dollar as the global currency.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]rorowhatPlatinum | QC: CC 389, XTZ 20 0 points1 point2 points 1 day
ago (3 children)

You know there scared when you see things like this happening. A few
years ago they just ignored it.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]PatchworkFlamesTin -4 points-3 points-2 points 1 day ago (2 children)

A few years crypto collapses didn’t indirectly cause runs on 3 banks.
I think fearing something that takes out large parts of the banking
system with its own collapse is fair.

Like, I know if I were standing under the leaning tower of Pisa I’d
have quite a few concerns myself.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]mistressbitcoinPlatinum | QC: CC 241 | DayTrading 8 | Fin.Indep.
314 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago (0 children)

crypto had nothing to do with banks collapsing

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Agitated_Joke_9473 -1 points0 points1 point 1 day ago (0 children)

so it wasn’t luring the banks into borrowing money at cheap rates then
raising the interest rates so that the banks lose money selling their
debt then leaking that many banks can’t cover their deposits, it was
bitcoin!

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]KingSurfz 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

They'll support killing it until the moving averages line out then
they'll all be onboard buying in at the bottom while the plebes are
too scared to jump on until it peaks. Rinse/repeat.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]QptimisedTin 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

I'd like to see them try.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Dazzling_Marzipan474Platinum | QC: CC 26 | ADA 6 | ExchSubs 14 0
points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Timothy Massad, the former chairman of the CFTC, said yesterday in the
Congressional meeting of the future of digital assets that he
proposed.

'We would pass a law that requires any trading platform or lending
platform that uses or trades Bitcoin or Ethereum has to comply with a
set of principles for everything it does for all the tokens on the
platform and all of its activity. Those principles would be the ones
we're all familiar with: protecting customer assets, preventing fraud
and manipulation, requiring risk management, requiring reporting,
requiring trade transparency, preventing conflicts of interest and so
forth."

https://www.youtube.com/live/gwJ1QAwP7UE?feature=share (49:30 mark)
idk how to timestamp YouTube on mobile

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]TubeNerd92Bronze 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

"Kill crypto". What's next? They try to assassinate crypto CEO?

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Snoo_92843Tin 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

These ppl in power are dinosaurs

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]shadyneighborBronze | DayTrading 7 0 points1 point2 points 1 day
ago (0 children)

How did that conversation go?

Dinosaur: Put me on the phone with the CEO of Bitcoin and Ethereum!

Idiot Assistant: Apparently there’s no CEO it’s like a bunch of
computers that run a chain of block or blockchain… I’ll send a email.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]No-Setting9690Bronze 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

What?? Scammers rip people off from their banks all the time, heavily
regulated, how's it helping now?
Almost no politician has a clue about crypto and how to safeguard end users.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]AlternativeCreditTin | PoliticalHumor 33 0 points1 point2 points 1
day ago (0 children)

Damn and on international business times USA at that….

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]YoungBassGasmPlatinum | QC: CC 25 | TraderSubs 10 0 points1 point2
points 1 day ago (0 children)

US is just full of politicians that can't legally drive. That's the
problem. Most of them have been in office longer than most of us have
been alive.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]TheSublimeNeuroGScientist 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

F.U.D. City bitch

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]akselmonroseTin 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Well Color me 😯

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]BuGsYqTin 0 points1 point2 points 21 hours ago (0 children)

The White House Papers

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]TBCkmt 0 points1 point2 points 20 hours ago* (0 children)

This is my 7.6007104E-7 BTC ($0.02):

Of course people fear cypto because Gov't cannot control it, only
regulate and fine wrongdoers, where Gov't makes money by fining people
who scam its citizens no matter the medium in which it's perpetrated.
In my opinion, crypto, even though it's not doing so hot this week, is
here to stay.

As an engineer I can say one thing you always want is redundancy,
whether it's in technology or currency. Crypto is 100 times safer
today than it was back in 2013 in terms of security, but it needs to
improve more to be resilient against manipulation.

It should be a commodity of which we gauge trust in Gov't currency. If
Crypto goes down, that means we trust the ol' dollery doo more than
BTC and vice-versa.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Sixtricks90Tin 0 points1 point2 points 19 hours ago (0 children)

Smells like FUD spirit

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]genjitenjiSilver | QC: CC 320 | NANO 91 0 points1 point2 points 19
hours ago (0 children)

Who makes a memo like this? The fucking Legion of Doom?

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]seniorbatista19Tin 0 points1 point2 points 12 hours ago (0 children)

They just wanna crash the price so they can buy as much as they can