Cryptocurrency: Bankster Warren Launches WarOnCrypto To Kill Freedom, Wallets, Miners, Fight Back!!!

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 21:13:35 PDT 2023

> Read [between] the lines to discover their dirty schemes
> for your own oppression. Fight back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWvcTgP66tU Operation Chokepoint 2.0

Here's more from Warren who takes bribes from the very same
banks she claims to regulate, no different than any other
common swamp rat...

Elizabeth Warren is pushing the Senate to ban your crypto wallet...
https://cointelegraph.com/news/elizabeth-warren-is-pushing-the-senate-to-ban-your-crypto-wallet
tldr; Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren is once again smearing
the cryptocurrency industry and attempting to make Americans more
dependent on big banks. Warren is wrong when she says that
cryptocurrency is “the method of choice for international drug
traffickers” and terrorists. Only about $10 billion or less in
cryptocurrency is involved with money laundering each year, compared
with $800 billion to $2 trillion in conventional currencies.
The bill is particularly harsh on decentralized finance (DeFi),
including noncustodial ones, requiring platforms to record the
personal information of users and submit it to the government without
a warrant or probable cause.

https://www.opensecrets.org/members-of-congress/elizabeth-warren/industries?cid=N00033492&cycle=2016
Elizabeth received ~500K in donations from big banks in her 2016 or
2018 senate race. It was talked about in 2018 here and the bitcoin
sub, the donation list was posted. She has been anti crypto for a
while and the donations may give a clue as to why ~2M from sector
including banking, ~ 530K from sector including banking...

"If you research her story, she´s actually quite anti-banking. I guess
she jumped into the bandwagon due to the anticrypto hypr we saw with
FTX, and the overall mainstream reputation for being shady, and she
wants to pose/PR herself as "the savior of the people from greedy and
corrupt schemes"...
This is what chatgpt gave me:
Elizabeth Warren is a Democratic senator from Massachusetts who is
known for her progressive views and her criticism of the finance
industry. She has advocated for more regulation and oversight of
banks, private equity firms, and other financial institutions, as well
as for higher taxes on the wealthy and corporations. Some of her ties
to the finance industry are:
    She was a professor of law at Harvard University, where she taught
courses on bankruptcy, contracts, and commercial law. She also wrote
several books and articles on consumer protection, financial
regulation, and economic inequality.
    She was the chair of the Congressional Oversight Panel for the
Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP), which was created in 2008 to
oversee the $700 billion bailout of the financial sector after the
global financial crisis. She was critical of the lack of transparency
and accountability of the program and the banks that received the
funds.
    She was the architect of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
(CFPB), which was established in 2010 as part of the Dodd-Frank Wall
Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. The CFPB is an independent
agency that aims to protect consumers from unfair, deceptive, or
abusive practices by financial companies. Warren was appointed by
President Barack Obama as a special advisor to set up the agency, but
she was not confirmed as its director due to opposition from
Republicans and some Democrats.
    She ran for the Senate in 2012 and defeated incumbent Republican
Scott Brown. Since then, she has been a vocal advocate for financial
reform and consumer rights. She has introduced several bills to curb
the power and influence of Wall Street, such as the 21st Century
Glass-Steagall Act, which would separate commercial and investment
banking; the Accountable Capitalism Act, which would require large
corporations to obtain a federal charter and consider the interests of
all stakeholders; and the Stop Wall Street Looting Act, which would
impose new rules and taxes on private equity firms.
    She ran for president in 2020 and campaigned on a platform of
“big, structural change” that included a wealth tax, a Green New Deal,
Medicare for All, and breaking up big tech companies. She also
proposed an “economic patriotism” agenda that would prioritize the
interests of American workers and consumers over those of
multinational corporations and financial elites. She dropped out of
the race in March 2020 after failing to win any state primaries or
caucuses.
I guess that if someone educates her and lobbies her a bit, she could
be swayed into a strong candidate for a potential future ally for
crpto acceptance; since blockchain solves many of the things she
doesnt like in the current banking system."

[–]St0nkyk0n9Tin | LRC 5 616 points 1 day ago

so tell me again why I can't take my money and buy digital coins and
store them where I want? what more freedoms must you insist on taking
away from me

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]cerebralsexerTin | CC critic[🍰] 168 points 1 day ago

You can’t because your crypto they can’t control

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]goofytigreShitcoin Connoisseur 85 points 1 day ago

It's always about control with them.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (3 replies)

[–]sweet_tinkerbelle 15 points 21 hours ago

I guess our money is also their money. The only way to have full
control of your own money is either cash or crypto.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

load more comments (12 replies)

[–]EchoCollectionHodler 106 points 1 day ago

Because she wants us to live in a financial nanny state where you
aren't responsible enough to make your own financial decisions.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]tiktaktok_65Bronze | QC: CC 21 72 points 23 hours ago

don't forget she is a multi millionaire richer than 99% on reddit. she
isn't looking out for you, she is looking out for herself. these kind
of people wear political colors (be it blue or red) like a dress to
further their own ambitions. the rules she sets, she never has to
follow herself. money buys you privileges. also what op said. if
people would become financially literate, the whole system would blow
apart.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (2 replies)

[–]IgnisVitae- 26 points 1 day ago

oh please protect my money from me more!

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (2 replies)

load more comments (8 replies)

[–]Revolutionary_Egg961Tin 175 points 1 day ago

The same woman that fraudulently claimed she was a Native American,
wants to protect Americans from Fraud. You can't make this shit up.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]7101334Platinum | QC: CC 62 79 points 23 hours ago

Or fraudulently claimed that Bernie Sanders told her that a woman
could never be president.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]bettr30Tin | GMEJungle 8 | Superstonk 63 80 points 23 hours ago

Its wild, Bernie wanted her to run in 2016 and only did it himself
because she didnt. And she still says that. She's as big a fraud as
anyone.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]pinkysauce22 12 points 12 hours ago

I lost so much respect for her during 2020

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

[–]PoppaTittyTin | r/Politics 28 48 points 23 hours ago

She's a snake

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]TheScienceBoy 10 points 12 hours ago

Or a Liz(ard) Warren

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

load more comments (3 replies)

load more comments (3 replies)

[–]milonuttigrainPlatinum | QC: CC 1719 | Pers.Fin.NZ 17 27 points 1 day ago

Liz is shameless.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

load more comments (7 replies)

load more comments (33 replies)

[–]Wack0Wizard 329 points 1 day ago

Good luck with that.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]Bucksaway03Platinum | QC: CC 318 | CRO 5 105 points 1 day ago

They'll have to pry it out of my hands, only to never be able to access it

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]deathbyfish13Free Range Moon Farmer 54 points 1 day ago

Then you just make a new wallet and transfer to it, good luck stopping it Liz

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]GabeSterPlatinum | QC: DOGE 2476, CC 909 | AvatarTrading 18 49
points 1 day ago

Liz doesn’t understand crypto she just wants attention.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]eudezetPlatinum | QC: CC 27 | GMEJungle 6 | Superstonk 365 11
points 21 hours ago

Politicians in general don't understand many things they are supposed
to understand. What they do understand is bribes donations instead.
Sad state of affairs.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (4 replies)

[–]seniorbatista19Tin 16 points 1 day ago

Word, this would be so easy it's crazy 🤣

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (2 replies)

[–]Alanski22Platinum | QC: CC 96 | AvatarTrading 27 22 points 1 day ago

They can take my wallet. They can take multiple wallets. But what they
can’t take is my seed phrase.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (2 replies)

[–]seniorbatista19Tin 7 points 1 day ago

They'll have to hack my wallet to get it's contents

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Wonderful_Bad6531 4 points 1 day ago*

they'll have to go through my shit to get to the seeds

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]seniorbatista19Tin 5 points 1 day ago

Leave em with the stems too.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (2 replies)

load more comments (2 replies)

load more comments (1 reply)

load more comments (3 replies)

[–]liveaskings 15 points 1 day ago

Over my dead body

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]DrunkSpartan15Silver | QC: CC 17 | GMEJungle 28 | Superstonk 354 27
points 1 day ago

Over this guys dead body

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Bubba-ORileyTin 26 points 1 day ago

I too choose this guys dead body

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]selphfourgivenessSilver | QC: CC 223, BTC 28 | r/CMS 26 |
Superstonk 24 13 points 1 day ago

Bullish on Redditor corpses.

Fuck, that’s morbid, ha ha.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

load more comments (2 replies)

load more comments (3 replies)

[–]seniorbatista19Tin 6 points 1 day ago

Over my dead soul

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Wonderful_Bad6531 3 points 1 day ago

Never!

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (2 replies)

load more comments (1 reply)

[–]MaeronTargaryenYour friendly neighborhood dragonlord 15 points 1 day ago

I’m so happy not being American right now

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]seniorbatista19Tin 11 points 1 day ago

Considering getting a dual citizenship somewhere else honestly

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]adichandraBronze | Apple 32 9 points 23 hours ago

Go to Thailand and live like a boss.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (2 replies)

load more comments (4 replies)

load more comments (2 replies)

load more comments (10 replies)

[–]PlasticitesTin 31 points 1 day ago

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

[–]BringerofsalvationPlatinum | QC: CC 96 262 points 1 day ago

This kind of crap is what crypto was made for. I see .
Decentralisation truly makes them froth at the mouth lol.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]Killertimme 64 points 21 hours ago

I wish more people would realize this. Crypto gets so much hate but it
really benefits everyone.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]mixing_sawsTin | GMEJungle 17 | Superstonk 23 21 points 21 hours ago

Its a fabricated narrative to control the public opinion.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]OneloffSilver | QC: CC 235 | DayTrading 142 | TraderSubs 144 4
points 12 hours ago

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. If you teach a man
to fish, you feed him for a lifetime."

People don’t even know how to think anymore nowadays. If people just
stop and realize they are functioning on the auto-destructive pilot,
and make a change things would be very different.

The whole school, degree, 9-5, family, kids, pension, and so on are
all shiny objects to keep the people engaged in this big ponzi.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

[–]Dwaas_Bjaas 20 points 21 hours ago

Well to be fair, that hate primarily comes from scams, rugpulls, and
shitty memecoins

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Wonderful_Bad6531 10 points 20 hours ago

yup.. many lost their money, and additionally it created negative news

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]neitze 14 points 20 hours ago

I'd be more outraged by the scams targeting elders that couldn't remit
in crypto with a gun to their head, but that's me.

I've met numerous people that have been scammed by fake IRS calls, car
warranty scams, impersonating medical practitioners, etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if Walmart gift cards represented a higher
dollar figure in ill-gotten funds than crypto.

Politicians love to place the world's problems on newer technologies
to disguise their incompetence, among other things.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (3 replies)

load more comments (1 reply)

load more comments (4 replies)

load more comments (3 replies)

[–]GabeSterPlatinum | QC: DOGE 2476, CC 909 | AvatarTrading 18 91
points 22 hours ago

Corruption hates what they can’t control.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Wonderful_Bad6531 8 points 21 hours ago*

and they love money even more

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Dwaas_Bjaas 7 points 21 hours ago

They cant even control themselves! CFTC declares crypto commodities
while the SEC wants everything but Bitcoin be securities

Chaos man…

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]memorial_hotsTin 6 points 20 hours ago

It always makes me chuckle to read proposed bannings of crypto stuff.
Like, sure go ahead and try 🌝

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]0neTrueGl0b 4 points 15 hours ago

Yup, if anything I'd take my keys to another country. Germany has no
tax on long-term capital gains, and switzerland has crypto valley with
a similar situation, but I'm not sure they're taking applications lol.
With enough crypto I'm sure is the only way.

EDIT: in an ideal scenario. I'm just starting out like many here. Small bags.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (3 replies)

load more comments (1 reply)

[–]Lillica_Golden_SHIBBronze | BANANO 5 | TraderSubs 13 5 points 1 day ago

For them crypto is good as long as they can control it

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (2 replies)

load more comments (5 replies)

[–]Luddites_UniteTin | Politics 30 388 points 1 day ago

I dont get why she's so against crypto. Makes no sense

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]sasquatchfrown 228 points 1 day ago

A lot of lack of understanding covered up by postering and a whole lot
of virtue signaling.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]ablablababla 92 points 1 day ago

So like most US politicians then

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Bactereality 44 points 1 day ago

Almost all of them, yes.

Edit: everywhere, in every country as well.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]milonuttigrainPlatinum | QC: CC 1719 | Pers.Fin.NZ 17 34 points 1 day ago

The World's Biggest Liar is an annual festival held in Cumbria for
competitive liars. Politicians and lawyers are banned from entering
because they are too good at it.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]GabeSterPlatinum | QC: DOGE 2476, CC 909 | AvatarTrading 18 6
points 1 day ago

That’s disappointing they don’t have the best competition.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]goofytigreShitcoin Connoisseur 10 points 1 day ago

Politicians compete daily on CSPAN, CSPAN 2, and nightly on the
evening news. Fortunately, they have a tell for when they are
lying...they're talking.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (4 replies)

[–]Lillica_Golden_SHIBBronze | BANANO 5 | TraderSubs 13 8 points 1 day ago

Can confirm, the only thing that changes is literally the name of
people doing shit

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Eugene_33 7 points 1 day ago

Yeah there exists a negative person to destroy the happiness of some
community in every place

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

load more comments (2 replies)

[–]EarningsPalSilver | QC: BTC 91, ETH 59, LW 38 | ADA 72 | TraderSubs
50 9 points 23 hours ago

They understand, it’s a threat to their power.

If they knew, they would have banned it long ago.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]BongressmanPlatinum | QC: CC 81 | Politics 99 13 points 1 day ago

She understands incredibly well... that's why she's so scared of it
and vehemently opposed.

The other half is definitely virtue signaling.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

[–]goofytigreShitcoin Connoisseur 6 points 1 day ago

They're also in their 70s and 80s. Many of them were born during, or
just after, WWII..

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (8 replies)

[–]interwebzdotnetBronze | 4 months old | CelsiusNet. 5 262 points 1 day ago

Because she can't control it.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Luddites_UniteTin | Politics 30 193 points 1 day ago

She tries to purport herself as a progressive Democrat but she's
alienating a lot of the people who would in theory support her.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]OneThatNoseOnePlatinum | QC: CC 40 39 points 1 day ago

Absolutely this. She actually made a lot of negative statements
against banks and bailouts over the years. But she's just in this
weird(and stupid imo) place whether she rejects banks but also rejects
crypto.

As you say she pushes the progressive image but basically she rejects
everything that is popular to reject and stands on nothing. Which is
ironically the worse of all worlds because the traditional finance
system, while bad, is better than no financial system at all.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]zberg69420Silver | QC: LTC 174, BTC 107 | LRC 54 | TraderSubs 281
24 points 1 day ago

Her problem with the banks was the same as her problem with crypto:
she wants complete control and regulation of both. This is the heart
of modern progressive big govt politics.

Crypto is everything they hate. The only reason it’s getting more
attention now, is it’s getting bigger. When it’s too big to ignore,
that’s when things will get spicy

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (3 replies)

[–]seniorbatista19Tin 104 points 1 day ago

She lost my vote

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]cogentatSilver | QC: OMG 20 43 points 1 day ago

She lost my vote when she turned against Bernie and handed her
delegates to Biden, and then tried to do a me-too number on him that
was so pathetic nobody believed it.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

[–]GelDel12 51 points 1 day ago

Never had my vote in the first place

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]mbdtf95 31 points 1 day ago

Exactly. That person lied about a very trivial thing like being Native
American lol. Why should anyone trust her.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Wonderful_Bad6531 17 points 1 day ago*

she said the magic words

"trust me"

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (10 replies)

load more comments (3 replies)

[–]Wonderful_Bad6531 6 points 1 day ago*

every crypto believer things so now

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (8 replies)

[–]_PM_me_your_MOONs_ 50 points 1 day ago*

Since when are progressives for crypto?

Hell, crypto screams libertarian/conservative.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]sm04dBronze | Stocks 30 23 points 1 day ago

Registered Democrat here. Love crypto.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]WanttoPokesmOTTin | GMEJungle 20 | Superstonk 85 8 points 1 day ago

It’s not the people. Or the party. They are all fucking us and
laughing at us fighting over politics. Not like us here not but lots
of people in general.

Most people not in the wealth hoarding business like crypto. Or at
least the idea. Normies may not all be currently involved but they are
not anti crypto. Only weAlth hoarders and people paid by them are anti
crypto.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

[–]_PM_me_your_MOONs_ 10 points 1 day ago*

I'm also a Democrat and love crypto (and guns), but I stand by my statement.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Luddites_UniteTin | Politics 30 30 points 1 day ago

You edited your comment but you are correct I believe, more
conservatives are pro crypto than democrats

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]escape_grind43Tin 39 points 1 day ago

True progressives are anti-bank; they sometimes knee-jerk against
crypto because of the many scams or the historical energy consumption
issues but are usually pro technology.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]rach2bachPlatinum | QC: BTC 23 | Politics 66 23 points 22 hours ago

Progressive AF here. Super pro Bitcoin and Ethereum. Not all crypto
though, that's for sure.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (5 replies)

load more comments (6 replies)

[–]morphinapgTin | Politics 44 10 points 1 day ago

That doesn't make sense. Being progressive means embracing ideas that
move us forward, while being conservative means holding onto
tradition.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]doivesPlatinum | QC: CC 313, ETH 85, ALGO 15 | ADA 20 | Privacy 37
6 points 23 hours ago

In a sense, crypto is more “traditional”, when it comes to private ownership.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

load more comments (12 replies)

[–]BigDickVitalik 7 points 1 day ago

The Governor of Colorado (Jared Polis) is a (reasonably progressive)
Democrat. He was the first member of Congress to accept Bitcoin
donations and helped push legislation making Colorado one of the first
states to accept crypto as a form of tax payment. Pretty substantial
drop off from there though.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Luddites_UniteTin | Politics 30 3 points 1 day ago

By and large they are not, she tries to seem progressive in the sense
she wants to be seen as tough on big banks and industry, going to save
the environment one straw at a time etc.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Admiral_NarcissusTin 3 points 22 hours ago

She's a who knows what. A progressive? Ahh.. that's hard to believe
for someone who was a Republican through the Gingrich years, until age
47.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

load more comments (7 replies)

[–]Ryansmith54789 41 points 1 day ago

You have no realized she’s not actually for progressive policies but
instead just pandering for votes and is really work for her donors

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Invest07723Silver | QC: CC 304 | BANANO 44 17 points 1 day ago

She ain't gonna get my vote.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Wonderful_Bad6531 6 points 1 day ago

apsolutly not

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Yumsickle 6 points 1 day ago

Y’all can vote?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (2 replies)

[–]Luddites_UniteTin | Politics 30 12 points 1 day ago

No I get it. Thats why I said she purports herself as a progressive democrat

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (7 replies)

[–]seniorbatista19Tin 3 points 1 day ago

📠📠

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

load more comments (4 replies)

load more comments (11 replies)

[–]sakata32Platinum | QC: CC 742 20 points 1 day ago

Pretty much. She wants regulation

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]seniorbatista19Tin 22 points 1 day ago

She wants more than regulation, she wants total control and suppression

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]milonuttigrainPlatinum | QC: CC 1719 | Pers.Fin.NZ 17 4 points 1 day ago

Then she will want to control the whole universe.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]seniorbatista19Tin 3 points 1 day ago

You'd think she was Thanos side piece

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Wonderful_Bad6531 3 points 1 day ago

his right side

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]guyfromthemeadowsTin | Politics 10 3 points 1 day ago

She just wants headlines.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

[–]Mountainman220Tin 12 points 1 day ago

Eh I’m guessing it’s more her donors speaking than her

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Alanski22Platinum | QC: CC 96 | AvatarTrading 27 7 points 1 day ago

Pretty shit. Of all the things she should be focusing on as a
progressive candidate, this is probably the last

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (4 replies)

load more comments (1 reply)

[–]Bucksaway03Platinum | QC: CC 318 | CRO 5 7 points 1 day ago

That's why all politicians hate it

They don't give a fuck about the scams and hacks even though that's
what they try and make us all believe.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]bitcoinforks 9 points 1 day ago

All politicians don’t hate Bitcoin. There are quite a few Pro-Bitcoin
& Pro-Crypto US Senators & Congress members (mostly GOP).

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Bladeyy21Bronze | TraderSubs 11 3 points 23 hours ago

This.

Texas recently introduced a bill proposing to protect Bitcoin holders
and miners: "Shall know by this resolution that the Bitcoin economy is
welcome in Texas...citizens shall always feel free and safe in their
ownership and use of Bitcoin in the state of Texas."

Ron DeSantis and Ted Cruz also introduced bills to ban CBDC's, which
is a massive pro-crypto move

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

load more comments (1 reply)

load more comments (8 replies)

[–]anonymouscitizen2Platinum | QC: CC 776, BTC 241, BCH 25 | ADA 6 |
r/WSB 21 12 points 1 day ago*

Elizabeth received ~500K in donations from big banks in her 2016 or
2018 senate race. It was talked about in 2018 here and the bitcoin
sub, the donation list was posted. She has been anti crypto for a
while and the donations may give a clue as to why

https://www.opensecrets.org/members-of-congress/elizabeth-warren/industries?cid=N00033492&cycle=2016

    ~2M from sector including banking

    ~ 530K from sector including banking

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]ReedoIncognitoTin 61 points 1 day ago

She's a pawn for the banks. You either die a hero or live long enough
to see yourself become a villain

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]seniorbatista19Tin 13 points 1 day ago

She's definitely become the villain in our movie

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (3 replies)

[–]QuartzPuffyStarTin | Privacy 10 13 points 1 day ago*

[...]

[–]International-Ad2336 5 points 22 hours ago

Just FYI, ChatGPT is known to have poor fact-checking. Not saying any
of these specific points are wrong.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

load more comments (3 replies)

[–]liveaskings 24 points 1 day ago

Almost positive bribes from traditional banking systems

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Elegant_Tale_3929Platinum | QC: ATOM 27 7 points 1 day ago

Which she might lose as time goes on and the banking sector continues
on the way it's been going.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]milonuttigrainPlatinum | QC: CC 1719 | Pers.Fin.NZ 17 3 points 1 day ago

So much shady stuff going on.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

[–]bolshe-viks-vaporub[🍰] 11 points 21 hours ago

She's against ponzi schemes that prey on peoples' lack of
understanding and/or gullibility. Like it or not, the vast majority of
cryptos are pump and dump schemes.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]gemini88millTin 3 points 1 day ago

Well she's not dumb because she has written books about personal
finance. Probably, because she knows that trad fi is a way to maintain
the status quo while crypto intends to shake up control of wealth.
Trad Fi also helps keep developing nations developing, why the second
largest economy is considered a developing economy.

Personally I'm very skeptical of neo libs turned progressive, these
are the same people who think paper straws are going to solve climate
change, while selling the same plastic straws to China, who then throw
it in the ocean anyway.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (2 replies)

[–]BlindestofMonks 13 points 1 day ago

she's a boomer Karen, what do you expect man

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (2 replies)

load more comments (113 replies)

[–]Xpressivee 58 points 1 day ago

And I'll promise not to use it

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]InsaneMcFriesPlatinum | QC: CC 256 32 points 1 day ago

In fact, I won’t even have the keys. Something something boating accident

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Xpressivee 9 points 1 day ago

Yachtmasters

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]milonuttigrainPlatinum | QC: CC 1719 | Pers.Fin.NZ 17 5 points 1 day ago

Here go the Marina

Opps I mean Monero

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Xpressivee 4 points 1 day ago

Proceeds to comment : No comment

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

load more comments (1 reply)

[–]TabletopThirteenPlatinum | QC: CC 246 81 points 1 day ago

The government is gonna make their own wallet and require you to use
it so they can monitor. Watch it

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]GelDel12 19 points 1 day ago

Damn sure I'm not using it

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]BagHolder9001Bronze | BANANO 8 13 points 1 day ago

if you are using a credit card they are already tracking all that shit
and making nice little profiles on each of us..with digital dollar its
just more easy for them to target whomever they want

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

load more comments (1 reply)

load more comments (8 replies)

[–]Admirable_Gift7520Permabanned 140 points 1 day ago

I propose to ban this woman

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]Electrical-Lead5993Platinum | QC: CC 140 22 points 1 day ago

She looks like the mean English teacher that every high school has

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (6 replies)

[–]IAmNocturneAMAPlatinum | QC: CC 1079 10 points 1 day ago

I saw her talking about the banks today with congress and man she is a
big ol' meanie.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (3 replies)

[–]PeterStepsRabbitTin 9 points 1 day ago

+1

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (9 replies)

load more comments (23 replies)

[–]z0uNdz 42 points 1 day ago

When they lose control they realize they serve no purpose. They are
all corrupt and only push the agendas of whomever paid them the most

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]joopityjoopTin 11 points 1 day ago

Yup. They need us to need them.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

load more comments (1 reply)

[–]following_eyesTin | Android 25 54 points 1 day ago

Doesn't look like many read this shit tier article.

Ban is only mentioned in the headline, not the article.

The proposed legislation would require some anti-money laundering policies.

Kinda debatable on viability or necessity, but this is a smear
article. That's it. Particularly when they try to say she wants you to
get cozy with big banks when pretty much her whole deal is going after
big banks and corrupt finance.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]patty_leeeee 33 points 22 hours ago

The sad part is that so many of the people making these comments get
their knowledge of the space from crypto influencers and articles like
this, and know very little about the projects in which they are
investing…let alone about Elizabeth Warren. The idea that she is in
bed with big banking is so laughable.

It’s one big dumb circle jerk here and while they bitch and moan about
proposed regulation like this, they will continue to get the rug
pulled out from under them investing in DeFi Ponzi schemes and the
like. The idea of proposing some anti-money laundering protections
isn’t a bad idea, but clearly Wareen needs more education about this
issue and is coming up with solutions from a perspective of fighting
corruption in a centralized banking system.

One part of the article I agree with is that she does not seem to
understand the difference between cryptocurrency and blockchain, and
if what she introduced was passed as-is, it could hurt innovation.
There’s potential in all of it. DeFi is super interesting, but people
need to know what they are investing in…and people have proven time
and time again that they don’t.

Some regulation is needed in order to move the industry forward, and
it seems really naive to think that the private sector will act
responsibly enough to regulate itself.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]GraDoNPlatinum | QC: CC 38 | Buttcoin 6 11 points 18 hours ago

    The idea that she is in bed with big banking is so laughable.

Anyone who is against crypto is in bed with the global elites!

Crypto has a real cultist mentality that is legit scary, even the more
moderate spaces like this sub (compared to /r/Bitcoin etc...) is full
of it. It creates an insular community that lives in an Us-vs-Them
fantasy which allows them to dismiss any criticism without even
engaging with it - or even reading beyond a headline.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Hanifsefu 9 points 22 hours ago

Ultimately the same ignorance they show towards everyone who wants to
regulate the same is the same exact ignorance that gets them caught in
known and documented scams. Virtually every crypto scam is a banking
scam that was regulated against (many nearly centuries old). Their
support for their currencies monetary value over it's actual
usefulness in turn just pushes them further into the deep end of scam
territory and now every banking scam we've ever seen as well as every
stock exchange scam we've ever seen is being pulled on ignorant crypto
supporters. The politicians they are shitting on are literally trying
to save their money from going into Saudi and Russian oligarchs hands.

Like everyone says, the value in cryptocurrency is in the underlying
technology not the monetary value. That's why the biggest investment
advice is to only invest in coins with solid underlying tech. That
tech will someday be implemented into our currency all across the
globe whether we like it or not and the name it takes really isn't
going to matter. All that matters is that we focus on promoting the
good aspects of it. Avoiding the governments of the world is not the
primary concern. The primary concern is being able to securely hold
and access all of your assets without needing to rely on a private
institution such as a bank to allow you access to them. As we've seen
very recently private institutions fail due to human error all of the
time.

The bad actors turn the crypto discussion towards avoiding governing
bodies far too much and really damage the reputation of cryptocurrency
as a whole. It's always been a battle against the big banks of the
world first and foremost.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]emp-sup-bryBronze | QC: CC 22 | LRC 6 3 points 14 hours ago

You can see how so many people fall for crypto scams when you see the
blind hate that banks have funded against Warren, in particular. These
12 year old house cats have been fed this shit so much they just do
the FUD for free now, thinking they are free.

If you can’t see the patterns of HOW MANY hot pieces on this one
person (with most of them being total bullshit, like this one), might
as well dive into your customer service DMs too

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (2 replies)

[–]markia007 6 points 21 hours ago

Yeh the EU just passed a law, u cant transfer more than 1000 euros
unless its a registered crypto wallet, well good luck enforcing that.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]Background_Gene_3657Tin 9 points 1 day ago

But I'm canadian?

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]sarfianTin | ADA 8 7 points 1 day ago

And I’m not even in the American continent

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

load more comments (1 reply)

[–]coinfeeds-botApproved CC Bot 21 points 1 day ago

tldr; Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren is once again smearing
the cryptocurrency industry and attempting to make Americans more
dependent on big banks. Warren is wrong when she says that
cryptocurrency is “the method of choice for international drug
traffickers” and terrorists. Only about $10 billion or less in
cryptocurrency is involved with money laundering each year, compared
with $800 billion to $2 trillion in conventional currencies.

This summary is auto generated by a bot and not meant to replace
reading the original article. As always, DYOR.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]thirdeyejedi01Tin | 5 months old 4 points 20 hours ago

I mean I’m pretty sure the number is way higher than $10 billion ..
they just didn’t get caught

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

load more comments (1 reply)

[–]Thump604Tin 3 points 1 day ago

Y’all afraid of Elizabeth Warren?! She’s looking like a really
powerful villain in that image. She hasn’t accomplished shit in years.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]jhung713Tin 15 points 1 day ago

I guess she doesn't know that this isn't a physical wallet that she
can ban. It's jury a mere portal that allows you to look at your stuff
on the blockchain.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]buddhassynapse 11 points 1 day ago

Because if you actually read the article she's not proposing a ban,
she's proposing self hosted wallets use anti money laundering
measures. Now, I'm not sure what the measures are, the author just
assumes wallets won't be able to implement and need to shut down.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (2 replies)

[–]SimbaTheWeaselBronze | QC: ALGO 18 9 points 1 day ago

Shhh…let her figure that out on her own

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

load more comments (6 replies)

[–]faith_no_more_Platinum | QC: CC 168 17 points 1 day ago

I vote to ban Elizabeth Warren

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

load more comments (2 replies)

[–]SpaceMan639 3 points 1 day ago

I’m going to start writing hand written letter to everyone in congress
telling them how much of a dumb mfer they are.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]trancephorm 3 points 22 hours ago

"other countries are not taking such a Draconian approach. In the
European Union, for instance, hosted wallets will be required to
submit information for every transaction, while transactions between
unhosted wallets will only need to implement AML compliance for
transactions involving 1,000 euros or above."

LOL, Monero.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]3utt5lut 3 points 20 hours ago

They can't ban it though. The best part of non-custodial wallets and
dapps that have no custodial ownership is that they can't be banned,
can't be removed, and can't force people to not use them.

I'd even go as far as saying it's unconstitutional to tell people that
they can't spend their money a certain way, especially if it's not
illegal. They would have to outlaw the use of cryptocurrencies in the
United States and that would be hilariously bad for their
technological future.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]TkainzeroPlatinum | QC: BTC 37, CC 23 | r/CMS 17 | r/WSB 17 3
points 20 hours ago

That bitch

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]GuyWithNoEffingCluePlatinum | QC: CC 564 3 points 20 hours ago

A wallet? What wallet? I have no idea what she's talking about, it's
just an old iPod.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]MaiEditsTin 3 points 20 hours ago

What does she know about technology tho. Besides her husband is big in
investing in banks

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]vladtaltosBronze | QC: r/Technology 3 3 points 19 hours ago

Well, by her logic, US currency should be banned as well (especially
the hundred dollar bill) because it's the primary currency of money
launderers and the drug dealers.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]wylie2020Platinum | QC: DOGE 27 3 points 19 hours ago

Vote her out... American's need to stand up flood the house with "we
the people" and remove these paracites that have been benefiting
wealthy lifestyles off the backs of the American people.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]Prize-Reference9329 3 points 18 hours ago

In the liberty country, we hear that

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]XPaoTin 3 points 17 hours ago

Pocahontas!

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

[–]outofobscurePlatinum | QC: BTC 31 | CAKE 10 | r/Prog. 32 3 points
15 hours ago

Fuck Senator Karen

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

[–]emp-sup-bryBronze | QC: CC 22 | LRC 6 3 points 15 hours ago

Many of you may want to consider her debate committees, for why she’s
taking about these things. She’s also coming in hot toward the banking
system, which I would think all you libertarian house cats would be
rock hard over.

Anytime you see such a concerted effort to smear someone, it’s
typically a corporate smear campaign because they are moving the
needle. Look at the patterns of diminutive use of her name (Liz vs
Elizabeth) and how often they bring up dumb shit Indian references.
Check out her ACTUAL record on banking reform. Let the house cats meow
outside the sliding glass door and, as they say in this game, DYOR.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]FattestLionPlatinum | QC: CC 84, DOGE 15 4 points 1 day ago

Crypto Redditors who became their own bank in 2069: “I am the Senate”

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

load more comments (2 replies)

[–]GeolinearBronze 4 points 1 day ago

Term limits. Say it louder.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]mishaog 7 points 1 day ago

Don't worry elizabeth, we will never use a cold storage wallet ;)

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

load more comments (2 replies)

[–]milonuttigrainPlatinum | QC: CC 1719 | Pers.Fin.NZ 17 3 points 1 day ago

Cancel Warren.

Just vested interest wanting to push their agenda.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]seniorbatista19Tin 5 points 1 day ago

Get your fucking hands off my wallet hoe. I'll move outta the US if I have to

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]mobenben 3 points 1 day ago

Actually this made me think. Can the government restrict hardware
wallet services like Ledger from servicing US residents. I haven't
looked into this but you need the ledger software to look up your
private key. Can Ledger cut you off if forced by the government ? Is
someone knowledgeable about his? Thanks.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]80worf80Platinum | QC: CC 473 6 points 1 day ago

Ledger is just an interface. It helps you set up a key, which you
write down, but the power is and will always be in that piece of
paper, not the Ledger. You can take that same key and put it into
Metamask, etc (but don't).

I only log into Ledger live about 1-2x a year to update individual
apps, otherwise it is entirely not needed.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]mobenben 3 points 1 day ago

Ah yes. Very good point. So let's say Ledger live stops working then
just use seed phrase to set up another wallet.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]thirtydeltaPlatinum | QC: CC 427 | Investing 251 4 points 1 day ago

She’s like the Oprah of bans.

You get a ban, and you get a ban! Everyone gets a ban!

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

[–]Deed4u 3 points 1 day ago

She’s pissed because she can’t control the crypto or she’s hired
puppet for the banks to bring crypto down!

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

[–]doctor0909Tin 5 points 1 day ago

US needs a new breed of politicians who understand and support tech.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]astockstonkSilver|QC:CC594,ETH66,BTC41|CelsiusNet.257|TraderSubs29
10 points 1 day ago

She’s way off the reservation on this one

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

load more comments (2 replies)

[–]joeyg334Tin | LRC 12 | Superstonk 19 2 points 1 day ago

They really hate the thought of decentralized finance.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

[–]khilayi 2 points 1 day ago

While growing up, Zero use to be one of my favorite cartoons; but I
always detested the character called: Zelder/Zelda; that's what
Elizabeth Warren reminds me of

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]cubewc3Tin 2 points 1 day ago

It is time to stick his dinosaur in the museum where she belongs!

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]GaryJulesMCOCPlatinum | QC: CC 34, ALGO 19 | AvatarTrading 17 2
points 1 day ago

Cool so I don't have to claim it on taxes, right?

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]Elegant_Tale_3929Platinum | QC: ATOM 27 2 points 1 day ago

    The bill is particularly harsh on decentralized finance (DeFi),
including noncustodial ones, requiring platforms to record the
personal information of users and submit it to the government without
a warrant or probable cause.

Can we say overreach? Yes, yes we can.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]TopAlert2383Platinum | QC: CC 55 | AvatarTrading 10 2 points 1 day ago

Her donors really hate crypto don't they.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]lordchickenburgerMoon and bitcoin are me love 2 points 1 day ago

does she have nothing better to do with her life

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]PopDukesBruhPlatinum | QC: CC 262 2 points 1 day ago

Warren can get bent!!!

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]SeatedDruidHe who slings the shit ;) 2 points 1 day ago

She hates what she can’t control

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]Any_Chipmunk_859 2 points 1 day ago

She works really hard for her constituents, the bankers.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]SidibadawiinTin 2 points 1 day ago

So many figures from the us hatin on crypto. They’re scared as fuck

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]rasman99Tin 2 points 1 day ago

Word has it a friend of a friend lost theirs in a boating accident.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]Excellent_Time2309 2 points 1 day ago

Lol they are all so scared about crypto. They know they have 0 control
over it. Ban a wallet? Sweet, use a VPN. The only way to stop crypto
is to get rid of the internet

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]Noob313373Tin | CC critic 2 points 1 day ago

They control you with money. Their money they have control over.

Imagine you have money that is not theirs to control (you).

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]Jspace20201 - 2 years account age. < -55 comment karma. 2 points 1 day ago

This crazy cuntttttttt needs a slappppp upside her head. The DC
crazies do NOT want you to be financially free.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]BouchWick 2 points 1 day ago

Once they were with crypto and now they’re against it

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

[–]CrpytoCrackerTin | 4 months old 2 points 1 day ago

Eat my @$$ Elizabeth

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]wanderer000020201 - 2 years account age. 35 - 100 comment karma. 2
points 1 day ago

Yawn, just another day in Crypto...

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]IbuyPEAKS 2 points 1 day ago

USA releases new crypto aimed at mining seed phrases and hacking
wallets. EST first block completion 2567

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[+]croa81 2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

[–]selphfourgivenessSilver | QC: CC 223, BTC 28 | r/CMS 26 |
Superstonk 24 2 points 1 day ago

Ugh. So fucking tired reading about this person and her anti-crypto
crusade. Give it a rest, Warren. You have your wealth; shut up and
step down.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]icyx045 - 6 years account age. 75 - 150 comment karma. 2 points 1 day ago

Why oh why…. Is anyone even surprised about this?

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]mygallowsShitposting From An Igloo 2 points 1 day ago

Go away mean old lady

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]anonymouscitizen2Platinum | QC: CC 776, BTC 241, BCH 25 | ADA 6 |
r/WSB 21 2 points 1 day ago*

Elizabeth received ~500K in donations from big banks in her 2016 or
2018 senate race. It was talked about in 2018 here and the bitcoin
sub, the donation list was posted. She has been anti crypto for a
while and the donations may give a clue as to why

https://www.opensecrets.org/members-of-congress/elizabeth-warren/industries?cid=N00033492&cycle=2016

2016 - ~2M from sector including banking.

    ~ 530K from sector including banking.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

load more comments (2 replies)

[–]RockEmSockEmRabiSilver | QC: CC 143 | BANANO 57 | r/WSB 450 2
points 1 day ago

Just let her do some insider trading with it and she’ll be all for it

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]Cissie1977 2 points 1 day ago

Anything that will benefit the Normal person is evil to her . She
should have been gone a long time ago !!!!!

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[+]henry122467 2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

[–]dgdtdTin 2 points 1 day ago

Suck my dick bitch

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]The_3_eyed_savageSilver | QC: CC 498 | CRO 288 | ExchSubs 288 2
points 1 day ago

Sam must not have paid her off. Protecting her banker friends.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]itsTomHagenTin 2 points 1 day ago

Simple question: Who are her donors?

ALWAYS FOLLOW THE MONEY

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]KorbeiTin 2 points 1 day ago

Sure, good luck with that.

Bet they'd still try to tax any gains on top of it.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]masterbatesAlotPlatinum | QC: DOGE 140 | PoliticalHumor 14 2 points
1 day ago

"It prohibits the use of digital asset mixers and requires self-hosted
wallets — like the kind you keep on your cell phone"

I think the title of this post is misleading. This says personal
wallets are cool.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

load more comments (2 replies)

[–]PenisPumpPimpTin 2 points 1 day ago

I. Do. Not. Fucking. Care.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[+]Jemtex 2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

[–]tobypassquarantPlatinum | QC: CC 145 2 points 1 day ago

Step 1: Replace the exchanges with those of the legacy financial system (stock).

Step 2: Remove your ability for self-custody.

They want the price of crypto to be what they want it to be when they
want it to be.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]phamnhuhiendr 2 points 23 hours ago

Friendly reminder that THE RESTRICT ACT IS NOT A TIK TOK BAN. It will
give American government tools to ban any technology it doesnt like or
doesnt control. This bill (S.686 2023-2024) entails STRICT Monitoring
& policing of the following things: -Home WiFi & Internet (includes
wired) -Your personal Phone, Computer, Smart -Devices, Security
Cameras, Game Consoles ANYTHING you have than connects to the
internet. -Social Media Platforms & Websites with 1 Million users
-Your payments on internet banking. PayPal, Cash App, Vermont etc.
-Your Small business website, Etsy Store, TeeSpring store etc
-Spreading of any information the US Government deems as false. -Can
ban TVShows, Music, Games anything deemed unfit by the Government and
much more, basically anything that is "on the grid" will be monitored.
(Apps, Texts, Videos, ect) -Anything can and will get banned if the
Government sees fit.

Not adhering to any guidelines set in place (Example: Using a VPN to
acess banned content or even helping someone to get a VPN for said
purpose) can result in jail time up to 20 years & fines up to
$1,000,000 USD.

Any application that has more than 1 million people using it can be
censored or banned by the government. Officially, the bill says
foreign technologies that pose a national threat. That is very broad
(on purpose) because a domestic app, for example, Reddit, that may
have foreign technology utilized (hardware or software) could be
considered censorable or able to be banned.

It goes further to restrict citizens ability to gain information about
how or why a technology may be considered restricted.

Even using something like a VPN is covered in this bill, making it
felonious and punishable by prison and/or 250,000 dollar fine. Even
telling someone how to use a VPN if the VPN will be used for accessing
contraband technology.

Again, there is no accountability required so who knows how
egregiously that may be utilized? Because the freedom of information
act will not be usable to gain information about any of said banning
or criminal charges.

In addition, it’s also self protective that it’s only limitation is
that a future Secretary of State may not call for any investigations
regarding how the law was used.

It is akin to the Patriot Act all over again—but with our ability to
communicate en masse throughout the world

And yes, your cryptocurrency is also in this hit list.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]Dramatic-Wedding527Tin 2 points 23 hours ago

This is ridiculous and makes me see her as someone that pretends to
help people but in fact is just trying to use that as a way to get in
legislation for the people she says she is protecting us against.
Taking access from how people store their crypto will do nothing for
money laundering because most of the laundering happens in the regular
banking system and has nothing to do with crypto. Money laundering
existed before crypto and while since it is a new financial system and
has a new set of vulnerability to money laundering her total rejection
of crypto shows how misled or intentionally manipulative she is.
Crypto is something that sprouted out of the last financial collapse
where people were desperate to find a way to protect themselves from a
banking system that sees there customers as prey and uses penalties,
fee, seizes assets, freezes assets, blocks withdrawals, processes
payments before deposits, hold funds unavailable except a nominal
amount and conducts surveillance of all our purchases and give us
nothing for that information and of course needed 14 trillion to stay
liquid after stealing all the funds from their depositors. Now we are
on the verge of another banking collapse driven by once again over
leveraging that was promoted by the last bailout and we are making the
richest depositors in the world whole??? Are you kidding me, really
are you kidding me. So we are to believe that me holding digital coins
I bought with the money I earned honestly is a crime because I won’t
deposit it in a bank that does nothing but abuse me. Remember when the
people in the south decided to stop using the bus to protest civil
inequality since they were the main customers and how bad it got for
them???? Well guess what I’m not riding the proverbial bus and if you
take crypto away I’ll find another way, mark my word here and forever
that if you do that then we will invent something and something after
that into eternity to avoid riding that bus ever again. Time is up!
Time is up! This is the motto for all these greedy money hoarders

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]ricozuriPlatinum | QC: CC 25 2 points 23 hours ago

Once again Elizabeth Warren is on the warpath against crypto. We have
the SEC, the CFTC and now the banking industry trying cut U.S.
population from accessing crypto.

Just watched a video on r/Cardano where Charles Hoskinson narrates the
highlights of a Washington, D.C. law firm’s revelations about how the
U.S. banking industry is trying to prohibit access to crypto with a
program known as Choke Point 2.0.

Posted a few hours ago, the 12 minute long video is very relevant to
the entire crypto community and no mention of Cardano. Here’s a link
to YouTube:

Cooper and Kirk Choke Point 2.0

TLDR: Banks hate crypto. Banks want to stop investment in crypto
business. Banks do not want you to buy crypto.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply