Cryptocurrency: New EU Law Mandate ORDERS You To Develop Adopt and Use Privacy Coins

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 17:26:47 PDT 2023

https://beincrypto.com/eu-bill-1000-euro-limit-anonymous-crypto-transfers/
New EU Bill Introduces 1,000 Euro Limit on Anonymous Crypto Transfer

Privacy coins are the only coins that will survive for decades,
best start developing deploying and migrating to them now.

[–]nusk0Platinum | QC: CC 64 8 points 7 hours ago

Good luck catching the anonymous person that just transfered 1001 Euro

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]DanteTheSimpSlayer 2 points 7 hours ago

They are so stupid - it hurts

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]hquerTin | CC critic 0 points 7 hours ago

Psst

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Flick-a-da-wristTin 1 point 2 hours ago

They wont have to catch the individual. They will just fine the
exchange or service that violates their rules. Then these services
simply wont allow such transfers to avoid fines.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]BananoBoyz 6 points 7 hours ago

Monero smiling.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]coinfeeds-botApproved CC Bot 3 points 7 hours ago

tldr; EU lawmakers have voted favorably on a new draft bill to limit
anonymous crypto transfers to 1000 euros. They also voted to establish
a new Anti Money Laundering Authority to supervise risky assets like
crypto. The bill will be voted on at a plenary session of the European
Parliament on April 18, 2023.

This summary is auto generated by a bot and not meant to replace
reading the original article. As always, DYOR.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]NuewimPlatinum | QC: CC 613, ETH 31 | TraderSubs 31 2 points 7 hours ago

I am not entirely sure they understand what ANONYMOUS mean...

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]Ryuzaki_63Platinum | QC: CC 610 | NVIDIA 81 2 points 7 hours ago

    They must ask a self-custodial wallet user who transfers more than
1000 euros if he is the wallet’s owner.

So you must prove you are the owner of a hardware wallet if you were
to transfer it to an exchange?

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]DanteTheSimpSlayer 1 point 7 hours ago

get two wallets. KYC one. Send funds from non kyc one to kyc one and
send to exchanges xD Law beat

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Ryuzaki_63Platinum | QC: CC 610 | NVIDIA 81 3 points 7 hours ago

Genius!

Straight to jail, right away

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]DanteTheSimpSlayer 2 points 7 hours ago

what jail? I can't control what people I don't know who have my wallet
address send me

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Ryuzaki_63Platinum | QC: CC 610 | NVIDIA 81 2 points 6 hours ago

KYC wallet, jail. Non KYC wallet, also jail, right away.

The meme in case I'm confusing you :>

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]DanteTheSimpSlayer 2 points 6 hours ago

LOOOOL

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]LieutenantZucc 0 points 7 hours ago

If you send something from a KYC wallet to a non-KYC one, you’re
pretty much KYCing the other one.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]DanteTheSimpSlayer 0 points 7 hours ago

No, I said non kyc to kyc. Not the other way around. Then dumb mode on
- "I have no idea who sent it to me, might have been a mistake" and
just get burner wallets like burner phones xD

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]LieutenantZucc 1 point 6 hours ago

Oops! That being said I don’t think that excuse will hold for much
longer than once haha

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]DanteTheSimpSlayer 0 points 6 hours ago

They have proof? xD

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]unitys2011Platinum | QC: CC 35 2 points 6 hours ago

Laughs in Monero

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]Silver-dutchBronze | ADA 8 1 point 7 hours ago

So how do they control it? It’s anonymous

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]EdgeLord19941 1 point 7 hours ago

Pseudonymous, once they link your name to an account it's all over

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]joeyg334Tin | LRC 12 | Superstonk 19 1 point 6 hours ago

There really is nothing that the government can't fuck up.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]thanksHedera 0 points 6 hours ago

they don't know that there are still many tricks to be able to do lmao

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]BlindestofMonks 0 points 6 hours ago

just transfer 5k in 5x1000, no big deal

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]tvanbormTin 1 point an hour ago

Sure, let’s pay gas fees 5 times. Who is gonna do multiple ETH
transactions instead of just one?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Muriqui91Tin 0 points 6 hours ago

Laughs in crypto

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]tvanbormTin 1 point 57 minutes ago

So, they are actually promoting the use of DEXes?

They may force a CEX to comply with this, but how will those identify
who an external wallet belongs to?

Also, I don’t doubt there are gonna be people who’ll create hundreds
of wallets and send +1k transactions for the fuck of it.

Good luck identifying every single wallet.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply