1984: Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 20:14:04 PDT 2023

> Whether or not AI itself goes rogue is irrelevant,
> it absolutely will by used by psychopaths and authoritarians
> to create global tyranny and permanent enslavement...
> all thus subject themselves to destruction.

Ethics be damned... Full speed ahead... To Tyranny and Beyond !!!

This one courtesy closed-source Globo Lockdown Vax
"I will own all the world's farms"... Tyrant King and
pedo Epstein friend Bill Gates...

https://www.theepochtimes.com/microsoft-cuts-ai-ethics-team-as-it-invests-billions-more-into-ai-technology-report-says_5125751.html
https://www.platformer.news/p/microsoft-just-laid-off-one-of-its
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/training/modules/responsible-ai-principles/
https://openai.com/blog/openai-and-microsoft-extend-partnership/
https://blogs.microsoft.com/blog/2023/02/07/reinventing-search-with-a-new-ai-powered-microsoft-bing-and-edge-your-copilot-for-the-web/

Microsoft Cuts AI Ethics Team as It Invests Billions More Into AI
Technology, Report Says
Screens displaying the logos of Microsoft and ChatGPT, a
conversational artificial intelligence application software developed
by OpenAI. (Lionel Bonaventure/AFP via Getty Images)
Screens displaying the logos of Microsoft and ChatGPT, a
conversational artificial intelligence application software developed
by OpenAI. (Lionel Bonaventure/AFP via Getty Images)
Bill Pan
By Bill Pan
March 15, 2023Updated: March 15, 2023
biggersmaller
Print

The last remaining members of an ethics and society team within
Microsoft’s artificial intelligence (AI) department didn’t survive a
recent round of mass layoffs, according to a report.

The change comes as Microsoft signs a “multi-year,
multi-billion-dollar investment” deal with OpenAI, the startup behind
AI-powered image and text generators like DALL-E and ChatGPT, and
upgrades its Bing search engine and Edge internet browser to
incorporate a “new, next-generation OpenAI large language model that
is more powerful than ChatGPT.”

The team, as reported by tech news site Platformer, was tasked to make
sure Microsoft’s ethical standards regarding AI were actually
reflected in product designs. The team was also reportedly working to
identify potential risks posed by integrating OpenAI’s technology into
a range of Microsoft products.

The team was at its peak size of 30 members in 2020, according to the
report. Following a reorganization in October 2022, however, only
about seven people remained. Microsoft’s corporate vice president of
AI, John Montgomery, told Platformer that there was great pressure
from chief technology officer Kevin Scott and chief executive Satya
Nadella, who wanted to get “the most recent OpenAI models” into
customers’ hands as quickly as possible.

Microsoft still maintains its Office of Responsible AI, which focuses
on creating company-wide rules and principles to guide AI development.
But employees told Platformer that the ethics and society team was
playing a key role in bridging the gap between principles and
products.
Epoch Times Photo Ai-Da Robot, the world’s first ultra-realistic
humanoid robot artist, appears at a photo call in a committee room in
the House of Lords in London on Oct. 11, 2022. (Rob Pinney/Getty
Images)

Microsoft didn’t respond to a request for comment, but it told
Platformer that with the ethics team gone, the overall amount of work
dedicated to responsibly has increased.

“Microsoft is committed to developing AI products and experiences
safely and responsibly, and does so by investing in people, processes,
and partnerships that prioritize this,” the company said in a
statement to Platformer. “Over the past six years we have increased
the number of people across our product teams and within the Office of
Responsible AI who, along with all of us at Microsoft, are accountable
for ensuring we put our AI principles into practice.”

“We appreciate the trailblazing work the ethics and society team did
to help us on our ongoing responsible AI journey.”

The report also comes as Microsoft and Google continue their race to
integrate generative AI technology into their services. On March 14,
Google announced a series of new AI-powered features, including new
options to compose full letters in Gmail, and to proofread, write, and
rewrite documents in Google Docs.

Meanwhile, Microsoft is expected to unveil at the March 16 “Future of
Work With AI” event how ChatGPT-like AI will work in Office software,
such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.