Wokeism is Doomed

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 18:56:28 PDT 2023

https://twitter.com/EndWokeness
https://twitter.com/LibsOfTikTok

Wokesters whitewash language,
George Carlin tells them all to fuck rightly off...

Oxfam 'Inclusivity' Guide Tells Staff To Avoid Using 'Offensive' Words
Like 'Mother', 'People' and 'Headquarters'

https://summit.news/2023/03/17/oxfam-inclusivity-guide-tells-staff-to-avoid-using-offensive-words-like-mother-people-and-headquarters/

Oxfam has released an “inclusive language” guide which apologizes for
using the English language before going on to deem a number of words
‘offensive’, such as “headquarters,” “local,” “people,” “mother” and
“feminine hygiene.”

Yes, really.

The poverty and hunger charity was slammed for caving to absurd levels
of political correctness after issuing the bizarre 92-page guidance to
staff members.

“We recognise that this guide has its origin in English, the language
of a colonising nation. We acknowledge the Anglo-supremacy of the
sector as part of its coloniality,” states the introduction.

“This guide aims to support people who have to work and communicate in
the English language as part of this colonial legacy. However, we
recognise that the dominance of English is one of the key issues that
must be addressed in order to decolonise our ways of working and shift
power.”

Apparently, merely using the English language is now racist and offensive.

The word “headquarters” is criticized because it “implies a colonial
power dynamic,” while “field trip” is also frowned upon because it can
“reinforce colonial attitudes.”

Staff are even told not to say they “stand with” people they support
because it “potentially alienates people unable to stand,” while even
the word “people” is to be avoided because “is often misunderstood as
only referring to men.”

“Mother or father” are also verboten because it is important to “avoid
assuming the adoption of gendered roles by transgender parents,”
according to the guide, while “feminine hygiene” is also a bad term
because it implies menstruation is dirty.

Even the terms “LGBT, LGBTQIX, homosexuality, gay and lesbian” are to
be avoided because people who consider themselves part of “the whole
LGBTQIA+ community” might be offended if the ‘plus’ isn’t used.

Critics slammed the ludicrous language guide and said that Oxfam
should concentrate on charity work rather than policing the words
people are allowed to use.

“In Africa, women have a one in 37 chance of dying in pregnancy,” said
Maya Forstater, who founded pressure group Sex Matters. “But Oxfam
seems to think what’s really important is erasing clear language about
the very people who are most at risk.”

“How is ignoring and denigrating the world’s mothers good for
development?’ she asked. “This guidance is trying to apply fashionable
ideas about gender identity to people around the world who don’t think
like this and are dealing with the ordinary problems men and women
face every day.”

“Most people will find this particular use of valuable time and
resources by Oxfam totally bizarre. It would do them well to remember
the old adage that actions speak louder than words,” asserted Tory
former minister Robert Buckland.

Free speech activist Toby Young highlighted Oxfam’s mishandling of the
scandal surrounding their staff sexually exploiting children after the
2010 Haiti earthquake, noting, “It’s rather like being lectured by a
finger-wagging vicar from behind his pulpit even though he’s been
publicly disgraced.”

“It would be altogether more sensible if Oxfam focused on its core
mission of alleviating poverty and starvation,” said Young.

However, the charity doubled down on its woke insanity, releasing a
statement clarifying, “This guide is not prescriptive but helps
authors communicate in a way that is respectful to the diverse range
of people with which we work. We are proud of using inclusive
language; we won’t succeed in tackling poverty by excluding
marginalised groups.”