Cryptocurrency: BANK RUN PANIC Spreads Around Globe, Crypto and Gold Demand Skyrockets, FDIC Coverup

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 17:26:50 PDT 2023

Fed Panics, Announces "Coordinated" Daily US Dollar Swap Lines To Ease
Banking Crisis

    "The market stops panicking when central banks start panicking"

In January 2022, just around the time the Fed announced it was
launching its most aggressive tightening campaign since Volcker, we
warned "remember, every Fed tightening cycle ends in disaster and
then, much more Fed easing"

    Remember, every Fed tightening cycle ends in disaster and then,
much more Fed easing pic.twitter.com/zX7Dur8nLG
    — zerohedge (@zerohedge) January 5, 2022

Fast forward to just over a week ago, when the Fed tightening cycle
indeed ended in disaster when SIVB became the first (of many) banks to
fail, triggering a chain of dominoes that culminated with today's
collapse of Credit Suisse - a systematically important bank with
$600BN in assets.

And then, at 5pm, the easing officially began, because while a bunch
of laughable macrotourists were arguing on FinTwit whether last week's
record surge in the Fed's discount window was QE or wasn't QE
(answer: it didn't matter, because as we said, it assured what comes
next), the Fed finally capitulated, just as we warned over and over
and over that it would...

    Every time FRAOIS has been here, the Fed capitulated
    — zerohedge (@zerohedge) March 17, 2023

    If the Fed does not contain the regional bank collapse, there will
be another great depression.

    Small/medium banks account for 50% of US commercial and industrial
lending, 60% of residential real estate lending, 80% of commercial
real estate lending, and 45% of consumer lending
pic.twitter.com/wzTMHxSnXI
    — zerohedge (@zerohedge) March 18, 2023

    "Fed either pivots too early and turns dovish in to a high
inflation scenario which is fairly bearish the USD thus helping gold
or they pivot too late and cause a much bigger recession than is
priced in right now, resulting flight to safety helps gold." - Goldman
    — zerohedge (@zerohedge) January 5, 2023

... and at exactly 5pm the Fed announced "coordinated central bank
action to enhance the provision of U.S. dollar liquidity" by opening
daily Dollar Swap lines with all major central banks, in a carbon copy
repeat of the Fed's panicked post-covid crisis policy response
playbook.

    The Bank of Canada, the Bank of England, the Bank of Japan, the
European Central Bank, the Federal Reserve, and the Swiss National
Bank are today announcing a coordinated action to enhance the
provision of liquidity via the standing U.S. dollar liquidity swap
line arrangements.

    To improve the swap lines' effectiveness in providing U.S. dollar
funding, the central banks currently offering U.S. dollar operations
have agreed to increase the frequency of 7-day maturity operations
from weekly to daily. These daily operations will commence on Monday,
March 20, 2023, and will continue at least through the end of April.

    The network of swap lines among these central banks is a set of
available standing facilities and serve as an important liquidity
backstop to ease strains in global funding markets, thereby helping to
mitigate the effects of such strains on the supply of credit to
households and businesses.

And once the USD swap lines are reopened, the rest of the cavalry
follows: rate cuts, QE (the real stuff, not that Discount Window
nonsense), etc, etc. In fact, we have already seen a near record surge
in reserve injections:

The Fed may as well formalize it now and at least preserve some
confidence in the banking sector, even if it means destroying all
confidence left in the "inflation fighting" Fed, with all those whose
were in charge handing in their resignation for their catastrophic
handling of this bank crisis.

    Powell/Yellen out. Just a matter of time now
    — zerohedge (@zerohedge) March 19, 2023

Then again, maybe they should just wait until he Fed hikes its
inflation target to 3% or more - something else we predicted...

    At some point Fed will concede it has no control over supply.
That's when we will start getting leaks of raising the inflation
target
    — zerohedge (@zerohedge) June 21, 2022

... because now that we are back in liquidity injection mode, well,
say goodbye to hopes of seeing affordable eggs every again.