Collapse: Earth Overshoot Day

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 00:21:25 PDT 2023

"Climate" = Steal your property, Rule over you

10,000 Dutch Farmers Protest Govt's Crippling Nitrogen Emissions
Target In The Hague

https://rmx.news/netherlands/10000-dutch-farmers-protest-governments-crippling-nitrogen-emissions-target-in-the-hague/

https://twitter.com/PeterSweden7/status/1634559350252396544
https://twitter.com/EvaVlaar/status/1634644294182092801

https://rmx.news/article/dutch-agriculture-minister-resigns-amid-farmers-protests-admits-he-wasnt-right-person-for-the-job/

Protesters claim the Dutch government is lying about the extent of the
emissions problem in order to grab privately owned land...

Thousands of Dutch farmers protested on Saturday against the
government’s policies to reduce nitrogen emissions, warning they will
put farms out of business and affect food production.

Hundreds of tractors from across the Netherlands could be seen driving
to the event in The Hague ahead of regional elections this week, and
more than 10,000 farmers were in attendance, according to the Reuters
news agency.

Protesters accused the Dutch government of forcing farmers off of
privately owned land in order to appease Brussels, and carried banners
reading “No farmers, no food” and “There is no nitrogen ‘problem.'”

    Tens of thousands of people turned up for the Dutch farmers protest.

    Stand for freedom. pic.twitter.com/lAUW1QuqhV
    — PeterSweden (@PeterSweden7) March 11, 2023

“We are fighting against a corrupt and unjust government,” Eva
Vlaardingerbroek, a prominent campaigner in defense of the farmers,
told attendees. She spoke of a government that “drives our farmers
from their land” and which has “turned on its own population.”

“For centuries, our farmers have produced food for millions of people
worldwide. And instead of what those liars in The Hague claim, they
have done so in a responsible and sustainable way.”

    🇳🇱Our farmers are fighting against the worst kind of injustice:
a government that has turned on its own people.

    The government created a lie to rob our farmers of their land. But
we won’t let it happen. Our #DutchFarmers are an example to the world.

    My speech with 🇬🇧 subtitles. pic.twitter.com/QYiFbkR2zM
    — Eva Vlaardingerbroek (@EvaVlaar) March 11, 2023

“But our cabinet doesn’t care about nature. They have simply created a
lie to steal our farmers’ land,” she added.

Prime Minister Mark Rutte’s administration has vowed to take radical
action to meet its ambitious target of halving the country’s nitrogen
emissions by 2030, and has identified the country’s large agriculture
sector as being the main culprit due to its large livestock count and
use of fertilizers.

Last year, the government announced plans to reduce livestock numbers
by a third, while farmers have also been told their land could be
subject to compulsory buyouts.

Agricultural workers have staged several demonstrations against the
government policy, blocking motorways and supermarket distribution
centers in mass protests last year.

“These reductions are so severe that those rural communities will be
totally devastated economically,” said Sander van Diepen, a
spokesperson for the Dutch agricultural and horticultural association,
LTO Nederland, in June last year.

Henk Staghouwer, the former Dutch agriculture minister appointed to
see through the plans by Mark Rutte, resigned in September last year
after a tumultuous summer fraught with mass demonstrations, admitting
that upon reflection he was not “the right person to oversee the tasks
in front of me.”

Regional elections for the Dutch Senate are scheduled to take place on March 15.