NY-DFS Proposed Guidance on Character and Fitness (Extension Appeal)

Gunnar Larson g at xny.io
Tue Jun 27 23:14:03 PDT 2023

Ms. Scott:

Additionally, xNY.io - Bank.org respectfully submits Coinbase's Brian
Armstrong on Bloomberg.com:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2023-01-12/the-david-rubenstein-show-coinbase-s-brian-armstrong
as
a matter for public  comment for NY-DFS' "Proposed Guidance on Character
and Fitness."

The Bloomberg interview with Coinbase showed top journalistic integrity,
yet, Coinbase failed to mention any NY-DFS investigation or pending action.
The interview aired last December, before the 100M Coinbase settlement was
announced by NY-DFS concerning Coinbase's BitLicense compliance.

NY-DFS' approach to Coinbase and Goldman Sachs (who took Coinbase public)
share independent insider trading scenarios that could disrespect the
United States Department of Justice, Criminal Division, Fraud Section and
Money Laundering and Asset Recovery Section compliance programs.

We have collated 34 highlights that describe a corporate opportunity policy
framework to gauge character and fitness of the "first Bitcoin loan" backed
by a New York banking institution here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Yx88RMoeLyyfbNK0RtPl4r-m8N21_1Sp/view?usp=drivesdk
.

Per point one of NY-DFS' "Suggested Questions to Facilitate Initial and
Ongoing Assessment of Designated Persons’ Character and Fitness," can you
kindly acknowledge that you have reviewed and understand our appeal seeking
extension for public comment to August 5, 2023?

We feel extra time for public comment is warranted to ensure that xNY.io -
Bank.org did not play a significant role or otherwise contribute in a
meaningful way to the conduct that led to regulatory action or proceeding
without ample notice.

Thank you,

Gunnar