[log][personal][ot] digital strangenesses

Tue Jun 27 15:19:00 PDT 2023

2023-06-27
- i used to keep a phone with radios removed as my second factor
- nowadays i have dissociative-disorder trouble removing radios, so i
have a phone i keep in airplane mode
- today i charged this phone up for the first time in months. it
booted without airplane mode: it found a tower and connected.

this is the first time i have ever seen this phone without airplane
mode, and i have booted it from dead battery a number of times.

the battery was dead for many months and airplane mode was enabled on bootup.

however, it did start behaving a little sketchy these past couple
years. funny pauses navigating it. usually airgapped phones are
snappy.

usually on boot i am prompted that i want to remain in airplane mode,
which i wasn't this time. it has a boot password, so it's unlikely the
wrong prompt was selected by accident in my pocket, as the password
would have been wrong to complete bootup. i do use the same password
for other things.