FOIL Request# 2023-095230 Acknowledgement FOIL-2023-095230-019924 (TECHSPRINT ON DIGITAL REGULATORY REPORTING IN CRYPTOCURRENCY. Keynote Fireside Remarks by Superintendent Lacewell and PayPal CEO Dan Schulman)

Gunnar Larson g at xny.io
Thu Jun 15 06:17:57 PDT 2023

Mr. Meltzer:

Thank you for your email.

Gunnar

From: <noreply at its.ny.gov>
Date: Thu, Jun 8, 2023, 3:51 PM
Subject: FOIL Request Confirmation from Open FOIL NY
To: <G at xny.io>

Thank you for submitting your FOIL request through Open FOIL NY.

Here is your Open FOIL NY confirmation information for future reference:

LARSON_DFS_20230608155132162

INFORMATION SUBMITTED:
Records Requested From
Department of Financial Services
Short Title
TECHSPRINT ON DIGITAL REGULATORY REPORTING IN CRYPTOCURRENCY. Keynote
Fireside Remarks by Superintendent Lacewell and PayPal CEO Dan Schulman
Description
Dear Madam or Sir: xNY.io - Bank.org kindly submits today's FOIL request
seeking access to the video recording featuring Linda Lacewell and PayPal
CEO Dan Schulman mentioned below. Warm regards, Gunnar Larson xNY.io -
Bank.org 917-580-8053 —- DFS ANNOUNCES WINNERS OF TECHSPRINT ON DIGITAL
REGULATORY REPORTING IN CRYPTOCURRENCY Demo Day Featured Keynote Fireside
Remarks by Superintendent Lacewell and PayPal CEO Dan Schulman Three
Winning Teams Showcase Solutions to Advance Digital Regulatory Reporting
The New York State Department of Financial Services (DFS) today concluded
its first-ever Techsprint with a public Demo Day featuring a keynote
fireside chat between Superintendent of Financial Services Linda A.
Lacewell and PayPal CEO Dan Schulman. Wrapping up a two-week exercise that
attracted participation from nearly 100 professionals in cryptocurrency and
financial regulation, a panel of judges selected winners in three
categories: (1) Greatest Industry Impact; (2) Most Creative Implementation;
and (3) Most Functional Prototype. “These fresh and innovative proposals
will help the Department fulfill its vision of becoming the regulator of
the future, to better serve consumers and uphold the safety and soundness
of the firms we supervise,” said Superintendent Lacewell. “This Techsprint
is a testament to what we can accomplish when government and industry come
together to deliver actionable solutions that will lead to a stronger and
more transparent marketplace. Congratulations and thank you to all
participants, our partners at CSBS, AIR, and to our brilliant judges.”
Before the winners were announced, Superintendent Lacewell and Mr. Schulman
discussed the future of finance, the evolution of cryptocurrency and the
importance of innovation in regulation during a fireside facilitated by Jo
Ann Barefoot, CEO and Co-Founder of the Alliance for Innovative Regulation
(AIR).
https://www.dfs.ny.gov/reports_and_publications/press_releases/pr202103121
Uploaded Files
FOIL Response Format
Media: USB
If fees apply, please contact me if costs will be greater than
$10000
Your FOIL request has been forwarded to the organization(s) you selected,
and the respective Records Access Officer will contact you directly for
further processing of your request. Please allow up to five business days
for such communication(s). For your convenience, here is additional contact
information:

Department of Financial Services
One State Street
20th Floor