News Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 01:15:03 PDT 2023

Notes From The Memory Hole: The Great Double-Talking Vaccine Scientist

Authored by Matt Orfalea and Matt Taibbi via Racket News,

Few health figures have been more visible during the pandemic than Dr.
Peter Hotez. Interviews by the Director of the Texas Children’s
Hospital Center for Vaccine Development are a master class in modern
day branding, as the good doctor seldom appears without an instantly
recognizable ensemble of lab coat, specs, and bow tie. (If cable TV
had a Halloween Party, Hotez-in-a-bag would surely have been one of
the most popular get-ups from 2020 on.) Hotez advertises his marketing
acumen, making sure every time he appears on air that the shot is
crammed with posed copies of his books. He’s become a legit pop
culture phenom, appearing with Trevor Noah, TMZ, CNBC, CNN, Fox and
beyond.

Like Dr. Anthony Fauci, Hotez was among the most prominent members of
the “Your child will die in shrieking agony if you don’t get the shot”
school of pandemic messaging. As Matt Orfalea’s brutal new video
shows, however, he accrued more contradictory dosage recommendations
on this score than Imelda Marcos had shoes.

For those of us who wanted to believe authorities, such messaging
about the safety and efficacy of mRNA vaccines, and the necessity of
inoculation to save not only our own lives but those of our children
and our neighbors’ children, was powerful stuff. “If you wait,” you
see him saying, “it’s going to be too late to protect your child.”

How could you not believe him? He’s in a lab coat! But fear not: “I’m
strongly recommending for adolescents to get their two doses of
vaccine,” he said. “Two doses of vaccine are fully immunized.”

As Orf shows, Hotez from there went on to release one sad-trombone
update after another. First: “We’re seeing that two doses is not
holding up well for emergency room visits.” Then it was, “You need
that third immunization, triple the amount… We were always a three
dose vaccine.”

Then the third immunization didn’t “hold up,” either, so: “We have to
consider some out of the box things — a fourth immunization.” Next: “A
fifth immunization. Five.”

But don’t worry, “I don’t think we’re gonna need an annual booster
like flu,” until he said exactly that, only worse: “Every, you know,
few months, we may need another booster.”

Subscribers to Racket News can read the rest here...