[ot][spam][personal] nothing is impossible

Fri Jun 9 02:17:26 PDT 2023

On 6/9/23, Undescribed Horrific Abuse, One Victim & Survivor of Many
<gmkarl at gmail.com> wrote:
> if we consider a=1, b=2, a+b equals 3 or 4
> these things represent concepts in the real world
> if we transfer arithmetic to the real world, the constraints aren’t
> within the rules of the system anymore, they’re within the systems and
> behaviors of counted items

maybe a simple relevant system is ones that are bounded.
in a computer, values overflow. like putting marbles into a
finitely-sized bag, adding 1 to a quantity only works until a maximum
is hit.
natural systems have this happen slowly, where relative acceleration
behaves differently as the speed of light is approached, or a
populated system destabilizes as the population exceeds a capacity.
incrementation is a linear approximation of the behavior of a system.
linear approximations work only on small scales: not when things
become extreme.