Karl Semichs hate-filled revisionism

Mon Jun 5 04:28:28 PDT 2023

On 6/5/23, pro2rat at yahoo.com.au <pro2rat at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> Ignorance is no excuse for being a serial pest.
>
> " Cypherpunks write code " was argued as widely as possible by Mong.
>
> Where " code " was equivalent to "speech " - Sear the Bernstein case law.
>
> Also, for the benefit of all real or pretended morons, APster markets need
> not use crypto.

it needs crypto to be cypherpunk here

> Stiffs dotcom doesn't need crypto asfaik.

it relies on https like banks do but is vulnerable to centralized
attack from a powerful body as banks are

basically we want to ensure what is good and needed is defended, when
something powerful tries to do wrong. with a centralized website, this
can happen in the system design, the server infrastructure, the
network, or the userbase.

decentralized crypto removes the centralized point of failure, the
server, and also helps with the network a lot.

i'm a little confused on this topic, haven't we discussed it a lot?

> There is another list - the cryptography list - for revenge of the nerds
> types.
>
> This list is for anarchist activists - love it or leave it.
>
> Anarchy will always Trump crypto.

there's arguably not much crypto left here but this list was
definitely about that, rather than assassination lists. assassination
was not the topic of the list, it links in by jim bell's paper.

re the code is speech argment, free speech free code, i imagine code
is speech because you can communicate it and it holds information.

nowadays, speech becomes code when you feed it into a language model
bot to write a program from it.